View Results

Its Cookie Time!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:13 pm
Wow I feel like a dumbass now.
:'D

Over the weekend
I got some spiffy flared plugs,
flared on both ends y'know?
And I can't seem to get them in my ears.
>.>;

I got these pretty things in an 8g.
*fluant*

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:33 pm
Flared jewelry ends are larger than the gauge you bought(obviously, or they wouldn't stay in). The inside part is 8ga, so you're going to have to stretch your ears to get them in (with something appropriate to stretch with, such as a taper). That or buy a smaller gauge, but then you lose the size you were at. Don't try to force them in, otherwise you could really mess your ear up.

I've personally never dealt with double flared jewelry aside from my Kaos silicone eyelets, but those squish, so it doesn't matter. Everything else has be single flared or a screw on back tunnel.  

Warninglv100
Crew

Its Cookie Time!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:49 pm
Warninglv100
Flared jewelry ends are larger than the gauge you bought(obviously, or they wouldn't stay in). The inside part is 8ga, so you're going to have to stretch your ears to get them in (with something appropriate to stretch with, such as a taper). That or buy a smaller gauge, but then you lose the size you were at. Don't try to force them in, otherwise you could really mess your ear up.

I've personally never dealt with double flared jewelry aside from my Kaos silicone eyelets, but those squish, so it doesn't matter. Everything else has be single flared or a screw on back tunnel.

I'm already at an 8g
so that's not the problem.
:/

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:06 am
Stretch up to a 6ga to accomodate the flare and then put those through and wear the pretty 8ga pieces you have.  

Teh_plague

Dangerous Loiterer

8,150 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100

Terragar

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:15 am
Those are big flares for such small plugs O.o  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:13 pm
i'm just curious, if you stretch to a bigger guage to fit in double flaired plugs... how in the hell would you get them OFF?? because ofcourse your ear would shrink back down.... eek *really curious*  

[NUTs]

Warninglv100
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:20 pm
Ninjakitty713
Warninglv100

I'm already at an 8g
so that's not the problem.

:/

If bought 8ga double flared jewelry, and you're at 8ga, then yes, that is the problem. The flares are larger than 8ga, so you have to stretch the holes to get them in.

[NUTs]
i'm just curious, if you stretch to a bigger guage to fit in double flaired plugs... how in the hell would you get them OFF?? because ofcourse your ear would shrink back down.... eek *really curious*

I've wondered that myself. But it's always easy to yank something out that push something in I suppose. So I guess the inside would just work like a taper, since it gradually gets bigger.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:23 pm
ahhh i see mrgreen  

[NUTs]

Samasu

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:14 am
I personally think flares are stupid. Sorry. Not aiming this towards you for buying them because I have a few pairs myself... But... You have to gauge your ear larger than the gauge of the flare so that the "flare" fits through... Then your ear shrinks back down to the gauge in the middle of the jewelry (obviously)... They are a pain in the a** to take out, especially if you've worn them for awhile and your ear is nice and healed... Both my boyfriend and myself have had the unpleasent experience of yanking flared plugs out... Needless to say we both ended up with bloody lobes D= I wont wear flares anymore it's just not worth it and I don't want to take the chance of messing up my ear. =/  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:26 pm
Samasu
I personally think flares are stupid. Sorry. Not aiming this towards you for buying them because I have a few pairs myself... But... You have to gauge your ear larger than the gauge of the flare so that the "flare" fits through... Then your ear shrinks back down to the gauge in the middle of the jewelry (obviously)... They are a pain in the a** to take out, especially if you've worn them for awhile and your ear is nice and healed... Both my boyfriend and myself have had the unpleasent experience of yanking flared plugs out... Needless to say we both ended up with bloody lobes D= I wont wear flares anymore it's just not worth it and I don't want to take the chance of messing up my ear. =/

I figured that had to happen. That's why I never bothered with them. I even had some single flares one time (kinda low quality, so that's really my fault) in 8ga and they constantly sunk into my ear and it wasn't pleasant. xp  

Warninglv100
Crew

Samasu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:55 am
Warninglv100
Samasu

I figured that had to happen. That's why I never bothered with them. I even had some single flares one time (kinda low quality, so that's really my fault) in 8ga and they constantly sunk into my ear and it wasn't pleasant. xp

Yeah flares are just a bad idea period. =/ I wont ever use them again I know that for sure. I really don't know many people that use them anyhow *shrugs*  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:28 pm
gonk my boyfriend insists on wearing flares but now he's all "I'm never wearing double flares again!" and I just stare at him and shake my head.
Flares are horrible horrible things.

When I first got mine all nice and healed-ish at 8g he bought me a pair of flares...they were double and boy did I beat him for that one.

But yeah, I'd suggest just getting jewelry, less pain.  

[Vanilla Lace]

Shameless Elder

[NUTs]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:34 am
thanks to this thread i now know the dangers of double flares, yay mrgreen just bought plugs online, little ones, but still, no flares, just straight with o-ring for me pirate  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:01 pm
I used to wear 2g flares and I didn't have a problem with them. You just slide them in on a diagonal and if you play with them every now and then your ears to shrink around them or anything. neutral  

megalo_maniac

Lydia Desdemona

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:14 am
My doublr-flares were positively lovely. I was able to slip them in and out with ease. My 'trick' was simply waiting until I'd been at 00 for 6 weeks to ******** with double flares (Well, I only waited 4, but I hust myself, didn't get them in, and was sad until I waited my extra 2) I had a taper, and it helped the first time, but once they were in, it was a simple matter to pop them in and out.

If you have to have your pretty plugs NOW, get some cocoa butter. It's like a**l-ease, but for your ears.  
Ear Piercings

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff