Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Music Discussion
How do people scream? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Little Miss Lunacy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:00 pm
I'm gradually getting more and more into music, and I've been wondering about the screaming in hardcore bands. How do they scream that way for so long without hurting their voices? Are there any effects that bands put on to make it sound so great? Is there some sort of technique?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:40 am
They do hurt their troats, Sonny Moore had to get throat surgery.  

Hugsei

[purple banana]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:26 am
yeah.
i heard soony moore had to undergo surgery and wont perform again

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:17 am
Little Miss Lunacy
I'm gradually getting more and more into music, and I've been wondering about the screaming in hardcore bands. How do they scream that way for so long without hurting their voices? Are there any effects that bands put on to make it sound so great? Is there some sort of technique?

It's not hard...I mean yes it takes talent, and work..but it's not that hard. All you have to do is instead of screaming your lungs out...take your sound to a level where it's a note sorta...and scream from your diaphragm not your lungs or your throat...cuz you do that, and you'll end up like M. Shadows and rip your vocal chords.  

xAthenax

with eyes like choirs

Conservative Consumer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:56 pm
First of all, Sonny does not scream NEAR as much as anything I'd call real screamo. Go to my post about real screamo and listen to those guys.

Second of all, he screams from the throat when he does, so of course, he's going to burn himself out. Screaming is supposed to come more from the stomach, not the throat. And if you keep your vocal cords hydrated, it won't be a problem.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:16 pm
ive wondered for ages how they did it, sounds painful><
but never knew bout the sooney more thing  

ur_code_name_is_milo

Cupcakes are Scene

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:34 pm
OK well first of all Sonny Moore barely screams, its Travis, and Derek that do the screaming, and second off Sonny didnt have to get surgery due to singing, well it because of singing sorta, but e has a node on his vocal chord and had to go and et surgery and is going to make a full recovery and start singing in the fall again on their tour  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:12 pm
[purple banana]
yeah.
i heard soony moore had to undergo surgery and wont perform again

No, I heard that they would be touring again in September or something. Don't tell me that band is over... I'll be sad... extremely sad...  

Mr Happy Bottle

rikaLeshay

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:46 pm
i can't scream like that. it makes me sad that i can't.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:45 pm
Well uhh I scream from the throat and I have yet to be hurt from it, I guess it's just talent cause well yeah I haven't been hurt yet  

TinkerBellsHell

ghostbusterfamous

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:23 am
you're just really ******** lucky you haven't hurt your throat yet.

But like other people have said, its all about the diaphragm. and if you watch any screamo band live the vocalist normally drinks loads of water whenever they can.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:42 pm
never heard the thing about Sonny.
but thats odd...do you guys listen to Paramore?
'cause if you do, then you know that it isn't a screamo band whatsoever.
but Hayley, their lead singer, has throat problems. maybe from singing so much? i'm not sure where she got it. but she seems to rest and stay on the bus after every show.  

FMAcrazed

ghostbusterfamous

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:20 am
its a node. nothing to do with screaming.

look it up.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:44 pm
Hell, I've been trying to scream, yet when I get it to actually sound good, it's too quiet to be used practically.  

Slappy the Ninja

ghostbusterfamous

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:14 am
At least you can! Just keep practising, over time you'll get more confident and used to it and will probably naturally get louder.  
Music Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff