Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Resident Evil 1.5 Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ayane Kriyo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:26 pm
I never saw a thread on the Biohazzard 2 prototype so...

I know this will never be released, but I found it interesting. There are more charaters, Irons isn't a nut, Marvin and "Robert" don't die within the first five minutes of meeting them, the police station actually looks like a police station. "Claire" is actually just a normal girl who has never touched a gun in her life(and is not a relative of an ex-pilot), "Ada" is a scientist from Umbrella who seems to be trying to help you rather than stabbing you in the back half the time.

I like where this game was going mainly because of Elza Walker. I thought it was nice to have an "everyman"(or woman) in the series that you could relate to. Claire didn't really cut for me. She's the younger sister of Chris Redfield; of course she problably knows how to use a gun. I bet Chris took her out to the shooting range every now and then, because she's a pretty good shot. Don't even get me started on Code:Veronica. It's is nice to have soldiers and mercernaries, because they are all badass and all, but now it starting to get boring. Ashley was the closest person to an "everyman" that the series got. Unfortunally, they made her completely helpless. I think the series would benifit from having charater that had no milltary experince, but could still try to fight the hords of zombies.

This is all my opinion.

Back to 1.5, this game had a lot of cool features implemented into later installments like grenades, vests(that you can see while playing)zombies that could climb up ledges, a cool animation of your charater kicking the zombie away when it grabbed you instead of just pushing it away, and Birkin screaming Sherry's name. There was also a more variety zombies, gorillias, and two differant types of spiders. I find all that pretty amazing, graphically. Especially on a PSX.

For more info on 1.5 go to Bioflames  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:39 pm
I agree with you on the 'everyman' concept but overall, nah. It adds more story to the series as a whole, allowing for character return and all that. Besides, there would be no way for Leon to get involved with S.T.A.R.S. and it would actually split the game in two.

What happened with the S.T.A.R.S. team and what happened with the regular woman. Granted, the concept IS more survival horror because you are surviving with NO experience.

BUT

That is what Outbreak is for. So really, 1.5 just got upgraded to Outbreak with the 'everyman' concept.

Seta Frost

Aged Noob

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:51 pm
I'm pretty sure this doesn't need its own thread, so I'm closing it. Please take this to the cafe. However, if a mod thinks it should be reopened, feel free to do so... Thread Closed.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:04 pm
Sorry, Canas. Thread reopened. I'm quite surprised that we didn't have a thread on this before, actually.
I have a folder FULL of old RE1.5 footage. The thing about it is... It was 80% complete when they scrapped it. I think they should release it as a bonus feature, JUST to show us what they DID have and if they improved on it. Personally, looking at the footage, I thought it looked very entertaining. It looked much more bleek and much more dark than RE2 ended up being. I loved the look of it. I dunno about Elza walker, though... Good character, but I think the 2D model for her wasn't up to par. Claire's was a bit more refined. And in the footage, Kendo played a bigger role, and Sherry didn't seem as annoying.

The interesting thing about Resident Evil 2 is that when I hacked the disc, it still had a couple of images that had words like, "Elza Walked" "Leon Kennedy," "Choose Your Character." I found it very interesting... I'll post it later on.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:37 pm
The following were extracted from Resident Evil 2 CD for Playstation 1.

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:08 pm
I would have to agree with Bio that it should re-release it as a bonus on something.

Another thing that was in that game that hasn't been in any other was the fact that the character's clothes could actually be wripped and torn, in certain areas of course but the fact remains.  

Lord Travis

MM-212 Beta
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:25 pm
Capcom should re-amp 1.5 for Wii. Touch it up and actually finish the game. If that was to happen, I'd buy a Wii for sure.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:32 pm
But... Then I'd have to spend more money on the Wii which I have no plans of buying.

No, I actually think they should release it as was. PSX graphics and all. Just to see how far they got and what it had to offer. Then, at the end, perhaps give like a "Thank you for playing," message or something. Because I look at it, and it's Resident Evil. It's like watching an RE game that I cannot play, and it kills me.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MM-212 Beta
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:43 pm
I have no plans on getting a Wii either, but I know if Capcom does release a story-based game on the Wii, I'm going feel helpless and buy one just to play the game. Damn, I feel so delirious.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:25 pm
I'd be staring at it from the store shelves, unable to pay for it. Hell, knowing me, I'd buy the game just in case someday I'll get the console.

But we aren't talking about the Wii, we're talking about the game that could have been RE2. I really liked William Birkin design, at least the humanoid stages of him. He seemed like he was a bit tumorous and swollen, like his muscles grew and his skin just popped, as opposed to mutated. I liked it.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Ivory Lie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:00 am
a reopen of 1.5 would be nice theres a lot of things that wherent actually in many of the games to date
theyre cloths ripped
they would get blood splattered on them
etc  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:37 pm
They should finish it and transfer it with a small upgrade in graphics to the GameCube.  

Elliot Salem

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:56 pm
Yeah, like the actual RE2. I actually saw like a video of footage from it on YouTube. Elza had the exact same hairdo and such as Claire, just with blonde hair instead. xd And the shotguns sounded like the handguns from RE1.... and so did the handguns. xd Oh, and they were probably gonna use voice clips from RE1, because when Elza was bitten by a zombie, she made the "Ohh!" that Jill made when the vine in the Guardhouse wrapped around her in RE1. It was awesome... xd  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:14 pm
Well it WAS the beta version where they were just working out the gameplay bugs, and not really concerning with sound effects just yet.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:36 pm
Good point... It was odd though, I must admit. Shotgun shot! "Pop!" xd When they pumped it, it didn't even make a noise. It was odd as crap. :XP:  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff