Reply Extreme & Ritual Modification
scarification and implants Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kai Darkwing

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 10:05 am
ok so my cousin told me his friend is having sockets surgically implanted into his skull so he can screw horns into them or whatever, do you think this is actually possible and if so is it safe?

right basically i've only seen scarification done once (some guy had it done to look like he had wings ripped from his back), this interests me alot although i probrably would have it done myself, not really my style, if anybody has information about this please let me know more (i never use the net, person to person is best resource)

One more thing, i get my first tattoo done in june, if anybody can either design or find me a decent picture of a gothic anhk(sp?) it would be much appreciated. biggrin

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 10:11 am
My tattoo artist has a pi symbol implanted in one of his forarms, just below the wrist. It's pretty neat looking, he's had it for a few years. He just hits his wrist on things every once in awhile, and says that hurts. xd  

Miss Kupi

photonojutsu

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 11:35 am
a lot can be done with implants... the socket thing, i dunno...

there's only so much meat between your scalp and skull. most implants go under the skin, but a socket would need to be exposed...

it sounds sketch (like most implants), but if he goes to a person who knows what he/she's doing, it might work.

i'd think he'd need some sort of a flat washer-type piece with a thicker, threaded "nut" of some sort to stick out in the middle.

i'd love to see this once/if it's done.

btw:

http://www.bmezine.com/tattoo/A41207/high/iam00079058.jpg

http://www.bmezine.com/tattoo/A40928/high/ankh0.jpg

http://www.bmezine.com/tattoo/A40615/high/iam00037502.jpg

http://www.bmezine.com/tattoo/A31201/high/k4ggtjz8.jpg

http://www.bmezine.com/tattoo/A31201/high/230f665a.jpg  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 1:09 pm
holy crap! that tribal anhk is so cool! thanks alot!  

Kai Darkwing

Chojin9999

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 7:05 am
I don't know about the socket thing, but I remember there was a guy on some tv show from Britain, he had four stars that he could switch out with spikes/horns on his forehead.  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 6:05 pm
Are you talking about transdermal inplants? Those are neat 3nodding  

hot-2-death17

Black Carpathia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:48 pm
there's a guy named Enigma (hes a nice guy, go see one of his shows and talk to hi afterward) who has teflon spikes implanted on his forehead like horns. they look cool, like they're natural or something. i havent seen the ocket thing though.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:46 pm
My friend has a flower burned onto his upper arm. I guess it looks cool, but im not sure i'd get it done.  

Plumbarius

Black Carpathia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:50 pm
Plumbarius
My friend has a flower burned onto his upper arm. I guess it looks cool, but im not sure i'd get it done.

i have the Superman logo burned at the top of my sternum.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:54 pm
Black Carpathia
Plumbarius

xd Did you do it yourself like my friend or did someone do it for you?  

Plumbarius

Black Carpathia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:01 pm
Plumbarius
Black Carpathia
Plumbarius

xd Did you do it yourself like my friend or did someone do it for you?

my friend did it. he owns a body mod shop.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:58 am
Are you guys talking about branding or scarrification? I was always under the impression that branding was done by burning the skin, whereas scarrification was more often done by flesh removal. I've been interested in flesh removal for some time, seriously looking for someone who can do it in my area, but I'll probably have to go to DC for my dream.

In response to your question, flesh removal is usually done using EMLA cream, to numb the skin. Light epidermal incisions are made, and the upper skin is "peeled" from the lower layers, leaving basically an open wound. Its a bad idea for people who have a history of bad keloid scarring to get scarrification in this way, since the design can "blow out" and be distorted by bubbly scars, but if you scar well, it can be incredibly detailed and absolutely beautiful. The only complication (other than infection if you don't care for it) is that you have to scrub the scars daily to remove the healing tissue and pus for a better chance of a crisp, clear scar, and I've heard this can be rather irritating, har har, pardon the pun.

My plan was similar to that fellow... I wanted scars starting as jagged "gashes" next to my shoulderblades and curving down either side of my back in elegant tapered points... but two problems: 1) I don't know anyone who could do it, and 2) I don't know anyone who would help me scrub the thing daily to make the scars look beautiful. Its not something you ask just anyone... "Hey, can you abrase these open wounds on my back? Pwease?"

I have some... er... unprofessional scarrification... a thorny spiral (Think Dark City?) on my left shoulder. Its been four years since I did it, though, and its barely visible... I've never gotten a picture that really shows it well. If I were to redo it, I would probably actually remove some flesh, rather than just making lines.

EDIT: And for the record, I don't recommend doing that yourself. Nor amateur branding using heated household items... its just not responsable. ^^;
But when have I ever been a responsable adult, ha HA!

Mesic

Teh_plague

Dangerous Loiterer

8,150 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:44 pm
As far as the "sockets" you're talking about. I'm sure you mean transdermal implants. And yes they are real and quite possible to heal.
I'm sure plenty of examples can be found in the galleries of BME
Or if you're a member on IAM there are plenty of folks who have them.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:37 pm
Mesic, if you find a good place for flesh removal/scarification could you let me know? I live in VA also and would be willing to travel to get something done if I knew it would be done profesionally.

I've been trying to track down some reliable places with skilled artists, but havnt found any Id feel okay about with letting them "work" on me. And I do not really know anyone that has had anything of that sort done, so I cant even find out about places from word of mouth.  

falllenshadows

Terragar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:06 pm
falllenshadows
Mesic, if you find a good place for flesh removal/scarification could you let me know? I live in VA also and would be willing to travel to get something done if I knew it would be done profesionally.

I've been trying to track down some reliable places with skilled artists, but havnt found any Id feel okay about with letting them "work" on me. And I do not really know anyone that has had anything of that sort done, so I cant even find out about places from word of mouth.

You could try Howie(www.lunacobra.net) He's awesome, and he travels  
Extreme & Ritual Modification

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces