Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Watch subbed or dubbed? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
moonlight2melody rolled 2 8-sided dice: 2, 1 Total: 3 (2-16)

moonlight2melody

5,500 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:44 pm
Well in the beginning I watched the dubbed versions of sailor moon... until they didnt show the last season sailor stars in america.. So I watch the lat season in the dubbed version.. So my questions is should I go back and watch some of the episodes in the dubbed version..? Like did I miss anything that was in the japanese version and not in the english one? Please let me know.. and if u know any specific episodes I should watch that would so help^ ^

P.s. i just rolled the dice to see what would happen ^ ^  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:48 pm
It's good to see both sides, but I prefer subbed better because it's the original, unaltered version upon which the dub is based but can never surpass. You haven't watched anime untill you've seen it as it really was in Japan. ^_^

With Sailor Moon, it's alot less girly and alot deeper than the dubbed english version. I usually go by the subbed dialog because, like I said before, it's the original and by far the best.  

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

B4D W0LF

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:16 pm
The first season dubbed wasn't that bad, but as a general rule I like subbed anime better.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:43 pm
I've watched all seasons of the dubbed and only watched a little subbed. Subbed is much better though.  

Magical-Medli

Aoi Kanda

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:55 pm
I like sub. better most of the time.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:38 am
Once you see the [original] Japanese version- you don't go back. I loved the dub when I never knew there was more to go off of. But I soon discovered and got my hands on all the VHS's of the seasons and once DVD became popular I now own 1-5 of SM on DVD.
See, if I'm in public with my laptop and I wanna watch SM I can't listen to the dub because people hear Serena's voice and leave the room since its SO annoying... but if its in Japanese I get a crowd around me asking 'Dude, what's that cool anime you're watching!?' Thus leading me to believe original is always better.  

User_8572

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:39 am
Serena1700

Hey serena1700! Your siggy is awesome. did you draw it yourself?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:15 am
I perfer the subbed.  

BosnianPrincess_Ines

Princess Geo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:48 am
In the subbed versions. the translations are much more true to what is actually being said. Also, in the Americanised version of season 1, they left out like 6 episodes because they were too violent. crying  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:57 am
I prefer subbed. Used to watch dub, but once I listened to the sub I never went back.  

mirror alchemist

B4D W0LF

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:46 pm
I just bought a bunch of the dubbed vhs (they were really cheap) xD
I have yet to hear the horridness of it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:12 pm
i don't mind dubbed....i like sub better but i grew up watching the american one so thats the one i love  

ddemim

User_8572

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:22 pm
Rush_Hardroc
Serena1700

Hey serena1700! Your siggy is awesome. did you draw it yourself?

That pic is SO pretty, I have that one and one of Venus surrounded in stars... its the renewal versions of the manga- Naoko has changed her style a little, i LOVE it!!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:37 pm
I have every Sailor Moon season in Japanese and English, cut and uncut, dvd and vhs, movies on vhs and dvd, all of the music, subbed and dubbed. I AM ONE CRAZY SAILOR MOON FAN!!  

MoonliteSerenity

Ophie In Water

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:47 pm
I prefer the subs by far, I've seen the first 2 seasons in both sub and dub form but S and SuperS I've only seen some dubed and all subed....I'm glad Stars is never being dubed though  
Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff