Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Newbies-Introduce yourself here! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 366 367 368 369 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

We learned to change
  but did we change to learn?
View Results

Spastic waffles
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:13 pm
If you're new to the guild, make yourself known here!

I'll start.

I'm your captain, Spastic waffles. I'm 16 years old and love writing everything-poetry, short stories, songs, and am even in the process of writing a novel, which admittedly isn't going so well. I must say that I am much better at writing my own works than critiquing (sp) others', but I do try. I enjoy long walks on the beach and sunsets...Oh wait...wrong thing. ^^ Anyway, I joke around a lot (if there's a "^^" or "XD" somewhere in my post, chances are I was joking) so please don't get offended when I do!

I'll shut up now.

Just to let you know, I love you already, and if I don't get a chance to personally respond to your introduction, I'm sorry! I still love you, really!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:21 pm
MEOW. I'm going to fill out the application form the the heck of it.
Username: lmm7777
Did you read the rules?: confused Not yet. xp
Will you follow the rules?: Sure.
Writing sample (Any media): Um. Well. I guess I'll post my song, but maybe later or something. Let me find a good song I've written. xp Maybe a poem.
EDIT: Okay. I found an introduction for my role play character here. So here it is:
Looks.
One of the only things important to Beckah Parmida.
Sure, she had friends and family. Sure, she spent a lot of time with them, too. She spent around two hours a day with both friends and family, yet she spent hours each and every night on her hair, make-up, and fashion. Tonight, Beckah had spent all night long on how she looks. Yeah. All night.
She had finally decided on make-up that could take someone, at the most, twenty minutes to decide on. But no, she just had to try all the combinations possible. At the end, she had decided that she’ll try something a bit simplistic. On her short, limp brown eyelashes, she had thick, black mascara to make it look like she actually had good eyelashes on her oceanic blue eyes. On her pale lips, she had shiny light pink Lancôme lip gloss. As for her nails, she had perfectly manicured nails with black nail polish, and white tips. Since she had immense bags underneath her eyes, she put on powder to conceal the bags.
Make-up wasn’t the only thing that was important to her. She really went all out today with her clothes, which also took much longer than it would for a normal person. On her diamond-shaped head, she wore a gray newsboy hat, which covered most of her chin-lengthed chocolate brown hair, but it did reveal that she had dyed the very ends of her hair a hot pink. Hanging from her shoulders was a simple black t-shirt, and below that was a black studded belt, which held up a knee long gray jean skirt. Starting at her ankles, there was a pair of black Converse hi-top sneakers, one with the normal white lace, while the other one had a dark gray lace. As for accessories, she had about ten jell bracelets dangling from her right wrist.
Her hair. Her hair was beautiful today. Beckah had well-groomed chocolate chin long brown hair, that she had dyed hot pink at the very ends. She had brushed most of her bangs out of her face, on her right side, so it almost covered her eyes. Her hair was, unfortunately lackluster today, from lack of sleep. Since it was also uncontrollably frizzy today, she had put on a bunch of smelly hairspray, and you could still smell the Sharpie-like scent. To cover up that smell, she had put on lavender perfume all over her body, and it smelled like she had bathed in the stuff.

Beckah rubbed her tired ocean eyes, and stared into the mirror. “Finally,” she mumbled to herself, “I’m finally done. I need some coffee…” the nineteen year old slowly got off of the chair on her light pink vanity. She blinked slowly, and began to amble into her kitchen. “God, I don’t know where anything is in this damn house…” she muttered, noticing she had walked into her guest room. “The kitchen is…” she murmured, racking her memory. Right. Down the hall, on the left. You couldn’t blame her, though. She had just moved into the city from her Los Angeles home, and she was still getting used to her house.
Once she reached the kitchen, she looked around the light blue and pale purple setting. So, there’s the table, the oven, and the fridge… oh, yes. The coffee maker. A gift from her mom once she moved away, she had had it for at least a week now. She walked over to it, reached on top of the microwave, and realized that she had no more coffee beans left. “Oh… no…” she said in distress, “No more coffee beans! But I just bought some! Oh, well, there was that nice little café I saw on my drive here. Perhaps I should try going there.”
Beckah stormed out of her house, and walked as fast as she could in her tired state to the café.
“Why do they have to make the doors so big and heavy…” she whined, and pushed the “big and heavy” door open. She looked at the sign that read, “Please seat yourself”, got the attention of a nearby waiter, and ordered a cappuccino. Once she sat down at a booth with her warm cappuccino, she sighed heavily and looked around. “What a nice little place,” she muttered to herself, drinking her coffee.

There.

lucyVUITTON

x0x_Skyelark

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:13 am
Hi. I'm Larki.

I like to write short stories, long stories, fanfics.... used to dabble in poetry, but that was depressing as all hell.

I haven't written anything in a while, but I believe Waffles has given me the sharp poke with a cattle prod to get me moving in the right direction. sweatdrop Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:15 am
x0x_Skyelark
Hi. I'm Larki.

I like to write short stories, long stories, fanfics.... used to dabble in poetry, but that was depressing as all hell.

I haven't written anything in a while, but I believe Waffles has given me the sharp poke with a cattle prod to get me moving in the right direction. sweatdrop Thanks.
-huggle-

You're welcome.

Spastic waffles
Captain

Addykat

Dapper Krampus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:18 am

I'm Adryk or Addy. O: Whichever's easier. <3

I.. generally fail at introductions so uh. Basically, I abuse emoticons in most of my posts, I like writing and drawing (I tend to switch around which I do more often), though I rarely ever finish stories up 100%. o.x

I'm not a bad editor, either. n_n

My writing adventures are usually long or short stories (novellas to five-paragraph essays, really), and almost always in first person perspective. :B
Hopefully now I can get started on writing again.

<3 Addy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:20 am
-pounces on Addy-

x0x_Skyelark

Spastic waffles
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:27 am
x0x_Skyelark
-pounces on Addy-
-pounces on both and huggles-

heart

Welcome!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:34 am
*whoosh* I am a-here!

I'm X. Woot. I'm 15. Woot.
I write anything and everything.
I mostly write short stories, poems, articles, and I try to write fanfiction/original fiction. I always stop halfway... Stupid writer's block. mad *groans and bitches*

I love editing. I hate peer editing (like in schools). I do not find myself the best, but most of the people in the classes I get are stupids.

That's it.

EDIT: All that underlining... was not supposed to be there.  

X-Intercept

x0x_Skyelark

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:41 am
We forgive you.....this time....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:43 am
-pouncehuggles X-

I love new members! And I missed all the underlining, so I'll forgive you, since you edited it. ^^

Spastic waffles
Captain

Summer_Night

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:26 am
Whee, Summer's here! ^_^

Anywho, I'm Summer. As said before.
I'm 14. Too young to get a job. mad

I like to write poetry, short stories, and songs. Usually my short stories are intended to be novels, but they're not long enough.
And I never finish them. sweatdrop
I also love to draw, even though I can never force myself to do it. Once school starts, I'll have more opportunities to draw, because I'm taking this independant studies art class, which basically means, I sit there and draw whatever I want, for an hour and half (one period).
Writing, on the other hand.. Maybe we'll do some of that in English. I really, really hope.
It would be awesome, since I've had two completely different ideas in my head for a really long time, and haven't gotten past the 1st paragraph on either of them. stressed

That's pretty much it, so I'll stop rambling and wasting your and my time.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:48 am
Summer_Night
Whee, Summer's here! ^_^

I like to write poetry, short stories, and songs. Usually my short stories are intended to be novels, but they're not long enough.
I also love to draw, even though I can never force myself to do it. Once school starts, I'll have more opportunities to draw, because I'm taking this independant studies art class, which basically means, I sit there and draw whatever I want, for an hour and half (one period).
Writing, on the other hand.. Maybe we'll do some of that in English. I really, really hope.
It would be awesome, since I've had two completely different ideas in my head for a really long time, and haven't gotten past the 1st paragraph on either of them. stressed

-huggle-

Welcome! I'm glad you decided to join my guild!

Spastic waffles
Captain

Summer_Night

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:55 am
Spastic waffles
Summer_Night
Whee, Summer's here! ^_^

-huggle-

Yay, Waffles! *Huggy*
I'm happy you decided to make this guild, I wanted to be in a writer's guild but I'm kinda too lazy to go find one. Plus, this way most of it is literate people, not just random people who want to join, and also I'm not really a newbie 'cos I'm here in the beginning. I feel special. <3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:12 am
Summer_Night
Spastic waffles
Summer_Night
Whee, Summer's here! ^_^

-huggle-

Yay, Waffles! *Huggy*
I'm happy you decided to make this guild, I wanted to be in a writer's guild but I'm kinda too lazy to go find one. Plus, this way most of it is literate people, not just random people who want to join, and also I'm not really a newbie 'cos I'm here in the beginning. I feel special. <3
You should.

I had that problem too, I couldn't find an active, literate writer's guild.

So...I made my own.

Spastic waffles
Captain

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:03 pm
YAY! A new Writers Guild!
Lets get the party started.
--since most all of the other writer guilds are dead--
But now thanks to Waffles,
we all have a chance to make this an awesome
no.

--supercoolandfreakishlyamazingandawesomenessguildinGaia--
lol yay I am so excited
and also being one of the first members too.
I am going to help recruit

4laugh

sweatdrop

You all probably think I am insane...
well..
You right.
xd

Names Tak or Remy --whichever you prefer--
I am 15 and love writing.
Will write anything from here to there lol.
Short stories, novels, poetry and music.
I Love and write it all.
Honestly though, I am not the best grammar editor.
But I do like to give opinions on pieces,
and advice to you if you wish to improve it.

So what do you say?
Lets get this Guild on the move.
and everyone give Waffles a..

*superstyleglomphugs*

heart ~Remy

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 366 367 368 369 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items