Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Music Discussion
All right, this is going to break your hearts: REAL SCREAMO. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you disillusioned?
  Yes. I will read this post and the sites enclosed.
View Results

with eyes like choirs

Conservative Consumer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:35 pm
THE s**t YOU ARE POSTING IS NOT SCREAMO/HARDCORE.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/screamo

http://fourfa.com

http://mesaverde.co.uk

Now, if any of you listen to Sed Non Satiata, Et Tu Brute, Suis la Lune, anything off of Level Plane Records, or anything off of Alone Records, get in touch with me.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:05 pm
If all screamo bands conformed to the same sound, the genre would die. Fast. That's why it's important to combine styles together to get something more interesting. Something can be screamo with an influence of another genre and still be screamo, and they can be screamo with a new concept introduced into their music and still be screamo. People post a lot of threads saying, "THIS ISN'T REAL EMO!" and, honestly? Other people don't care what you call it, they'll still listen to it. Give another name for all of these bands that people have listed here if they're not "real screamo".  

Little Miss Lunacy

with eyes like choirs

Conservative Consumer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:10 pm
Little Miss Lunacy
If all screamo bands conformed to the same sound, the genre would die. Fast. That's why it's important to combine styles together to get something more interesting. Something can be screamo with an influence of another genre and still be screamo, and they can be screamo with a new concept introduced into their music and still be screamo. People post a lot of threads saying, "THIS ISN'T REAL EMO!" and, honestly? Other people don't care what you call it, they'll still listen to it. Give another name for all of these bands that people have listed here if they're not "real screamo".

As for the genre dying, I think you're dead wrong. The integrity of the music should not be played around with, even if the genre stays underground. Let's bring it back to where hardcore all began, shall we?

All hardcore music is not about being groundbreaking, and you don't seem to understand that. Hardcore is about fast, fun music, even if it's not "interesting." Screamo is a genre of hardcore music, so I will treat it as such.

So what if the chord progressions are simple and fast? That's how it was meant to sound. Screamo is the same way.

And besides, the way screamo has introduced a post-rock element into it really fits. It gives screamo the climatic aspect that it needed from the beginning.

Now, screamo mixing with alternative rock really makes no sense and doesn't give it anything it could have done without.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:17 pm
monochrome delay
Little Miss Lunacy

As for the genre dying, I think you're dead wrong. The integrity of the music should not be played around with, even if the genre stays underground. Let's bring it back to where hardcore all began, shall we?

All hardcore music is not about being groundbreaking, and you don't seem to understand that. Hardcore is about fast, fun music, even if it's not "interesting." Screamo is a genre of hardcore music, so I will treat it as such.

So what if the chord progressions are simple and fast? That's how it was meant to sound. Screamo is the same way. End of story.

Then, you're a die-hard fan. 3nodding

However, I still don't see the point of being in a band and writing music that's exactly the same as every other band in your genre. There's no creativity in that. This is a pretty new genre that's just starting to branch out into new sounds.

Even if you won't get sick of the same thing over and over, other people will. I'm sure when disco died there were still fans, but the bands/artists didn't have a fan base, so the genre disappeared.

But, I'm getting away from my main point: People don't care what you call the music they listen to, they're still listening.  

Little Miss Lunacy

with eyes like choirs

Conservative Consumer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:27 pm
But the point is: If we're going to be in the emo guild, the people in it shouldn't be mistaking the term "emo" as a result of its spawnings.

Emo in its purest form is violent, passionate hardcore. So violent and passionate and loud that the songs were indecipherable sometimes when played live.

I don't hear the fire that was once emo in the late 80's and early 90's anymore. Now it's a bunch of shitty post-hardcore mixed with pop-punk bullshit.

I don't think anyone from that time would be proud of what we're listening to. What have we accomplished?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:57 pm
I concur.
But.
This is the whiney, helping emo guild.
You'd be srsly great in the other guild, though.
<3.
^ ^.

SARSSS

1,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Safety Blade

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:10 pm
monochrome delay:

Music changes over time. Stop bitching. Stop bitching in so many other threads. Stop disrespecting bands that don't fit YOUR criteria. If you want 'true' screamo discussion, find somewhere else to discuss it.

Let the scene/emo/whatever kids enjoy their time.

However, I do agree with you one one thing: how the ******** is FFTL screamo? I love them enough to have paid for membership in the KVLT but I would never call them screamo. The little screaming they DO use is more of an accent.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:54 pm
Personally.. In my mind. Music is music. Call it what you will, it will always be different things to different people. Other people see things differently. Besides, Music labels are just something MTV and MuchMusic use to group bands. There are sub-genres of certain kinds of music.

And other thing. WHY DOES IT MATTER?! If you like it.. Listen to it.

In the words of Pete Wentz. Don't hate a band because of what kind of music they play. Hate them because you don't like the band itself.

It went something like that smile  

Druidess_Of_Life

Anim

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:14 pm
A lot of stuff is considered screamo, it happens to a lot of genres, tons of s**t bands get classified as metal, when in fact they are FAR from being metal. If your gonna go by what USED to be considered "screamo" then you are narrow-minded, because like I said there are A LOT of bands that are considered screamo now. One can consider bands like The number twelve looks like you screamo, or one can consider bands like Atreyu or even UnderOATH screamo.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:39 pm
Sigh* The inevitable fight between sound genre definitions.

I personally think that if a music genre evolves and if bands evolve in their music, it's because it's something that they feel like it, it's their defenition... I'm sorry, I can't quite explain it, but HECK the important thing is that whatever it is you like to listen too and what your friends wanna listen to or what your friend DONT WANT to listen to, then GO listen to it (and yes I didn't make sense back there...) HAHA

I can't stop all the yacketing so, well, carry on. We're entitled with our own opinions domokun sweatdrop eek emo  

Elena Hitomi

Xyloid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:39 pm
Get over it.

I used to be a ******** music nazi like this, but there is no changing these peoples minds. They think it's screamo, so that's what they are going to call it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:53 pm
Hey... we all know that by now.

We just choose to be ignorant.

Besides... it's not harming you. Why do you care?  

sasoriXcore

xdownwithxtheshipx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:02 pm
sasoriXcore
Hey... we all know that by now.

We just choose to be ignorant.

Besides... it's not harming you. Why do you care?

Take something your passionate about, are you not aggrivated when people act retarded towards it? This is after all an "Emo" guild so if you're going to act all "oh whatever Emo isn't important here" change the ******** name.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:47 pm
Thread is back from the dead.

Phenakism

xdownwithxtheshipx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:44 pm
Not my fault.  
Music Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers