Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Sailor Moon Manga Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Princess Geo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:57 pm
I don't hear much about the Sailor Moon manga around here, unless it's already been discussed. Does anyone read it? I've only just started, and I love it more than any other version of SM out there. Does anyone agree? heart  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:01 pm
It's original and uncut~ Everyone’s more mature and it's to the point (meaning minus all the pointless youma, cardian, droid, daimon, lemure and the odd - phages...) Nope, you just get good main characters and an awesome story line. In the manga, Chibi-usa isn't a brat, Plutos death/rebirth is fully explained, Usagi turns into a woman of grace, Rei isn't a b***h, Minako isn't a dumb blonde, Ami is actually pretty and not nerdy, Makoto isn't falling over every other guy, Mamoru actually HAS powers and helps out the senshi, Saturn has more 'camera time', and Uranus and Neptune are even more cool. Over all the manga is the original version and the Anime took on its own ideas with how things should fly, the live action was fun but ended right after season 1 so not much to compare... anyways. The Manga is awesome!  

User_8572

MikiSohma

Gracious Giver

8,650 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:17 pm
I just started the manga and I'm to where Chibiusa (Bunny in the manga) has falled from the sky.... I love the manga so much... just makes me smile... Especially Mamoru!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:28 pm
You can't even compare the manga to the anime. They're almost 2 completely different stories!

Don't even get me started on the Starlights! They're just like uranus in the manga, girls that dress like guys, but in the anime they ARE guys who become girls when they become scouts. Grr...  

Yotsu

O.G. Gaian

Dramaqueen_Alu

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:49 am
where can i find sailor moon's manga??  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:00 am
Princess Geo
I don't hear much about the Sailor Moon manga around here, unless it's already been discussed. Does anyone read it? I've only just started, and I love it more than any other version of SM out there. Does anyone agree? heart

I agree
Manga its great, and the picture is awesome 3nodding  

Aveii

Ophie In Water

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:40 pm
I've only been able to read the dark kingdom arc and I want to be able to read the rest of it so bad  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:11 pm
The manga is nice, good drawings and tons of stuff not in the anime. 3nodding  

Magical-Medli

SilverStarboy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:37 pm
I have only read one manga and thats one I have but its falling apart. I know its not on shelves anymore so if someone can show me a website where I can read it or a place I can buy it, that would be most appreciated  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:06 pm
I love the manga, even though I haven't read them all. Plus I can't find it anymore.

And on top of that, everyone I've bought had been poorly binded and pages tend to want to fall out! scream I'd wish they'd reprint it.  

TheWitchGotRobin

pink robotic techno kitty

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:39 pm
yeah i agree, the manga is one of my most favorite reincarnations of the sailormoon story. however, i can't help but note that a lot of the time, the villians didn't get as much character development as they did in the anime. but that's really my only qualm with the manga, it's all good. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:47 pm
Kawaki
It's original and uncut~ Everyone’s more mature and it's to the point (meaning minus all the pointless youma, cardian, droid, daimon, lemure and the odd - phages...) Nope, you just get good main characters and an awesome story line. In the manga, Chibi-usa isn't a brat, Plutos death/rebirth is fully explained, Usagi turns into a woman of grace, Rei isn't a b***h, Minako isn't a dumb blonde, Ami is actually pretty and not nerdy, Makoto isn't falling over every other guy, Mamoru actually HAS powers and helps out the senshi, Saturn has more 'camera time', and Uranus and Neptune are even more cool. Over all the manga is the original version and the Anime took on its own ideas with how things should fly, the live action was fun but ended right after season 1 so not much to compare... anyways. The Manga is awesome!

first off, I just have to say that I love the way you phrased all that

anyway, I have heard that the manga is far better than the anime, though I have been unable to read it. I have read some storylines and stuff though and it seems very cool. Anyway, if anyone can tell me (and all the other people asking) a good site to find this then I would be very appretiative (<--totally spelled wrong). Anyway, thanks

oh, and here's to reprinting the manga!  

darkelf1600

Lucy Stavers

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:03 pm
I like the manga, I had to read the Stars series three times to fully understand it though. There are still some things I'm confused about, but not that many. I do love the manga though!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:40 am
yeah manga fine but i'd rather watch anime  

kily_22

SailorYue

Lonely Survivor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:16 pm
Yotsu
You can't even compare the manga to the anime. They're almost 2 completely different stories!

Don't even get me started on the Starlights! They're just like uranus in the manga, girls that dress like guys, but in the anime they ARE guys who become girls when they become scouts. Grr...
they did that so they could put a boyband in the anime. and the VA's for the 3 lights.,..theyre great singers ^^

Quote:
have only read one manga and thats one I have but its falling apart. I know its not on shelves anymore so if someone can show me a website where I can read it or a place I can buy it, that would be most appreciated
im creating a msn group that will have the mangas available to read. im only halfway thru sailr v manga tho. ill psot when i put atleast vol 1 of SM  
Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff