Welcome to Gaia! ::

Byako, City of Everything

Back to Guilds

Byako, the city of everything. A city hundreds of miles in size where anything can and does happy on a daily basis Join the random sillyness 

Tags: plushie, city, random, silly, Byako 

Reply Byako, City of Everything Main Forum
Tarlow Highlands (The RP) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

deathstar175

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:53 pm
Locale Name:

Classification:
(district, business, city service, eatery or inn, clan, other)

Controlled:Kanareshii

Description:Tarlow highlands the brilliant archipelago belonging to clan Kanareshii. Its a large number of islands floating in the sky
very rich in minerals and other resources

Past Events:

Current Events:

Last Current Events Page:

The magnificent Tarlow Highlands are a spectacle to see... if you can get high enough to see them, that is. It flloats just two miles above the Main Gates of Byako. The previous owners of this floating island built a weather control machine in the center of the isle, creating an impassible barrier between the strips of land.

Being avid race fans, the current owners Morris and Norris Stranglefeather have converted the island into a racetrack of sorts. A spectacular race will soon be held, the grand prize being ownership of the island itself.

Morris and Norris, being quite intelligent, have sent out invitations to all the clans. Before doing so, however, they set up a slew of traps and hazards throughout the whole island: anti-teleportation spells, E.M.P. fields, angry dragons, and just about anything else imagineable. Flying machines, you have been forewarned. Besides that, a huge floating sign and grandstands are being erected atop floating platforms so people can sit and watch the race in relative comfort.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:59 pm
The Bill board outside the island is completed and a map of the floating island along with the course is put up for all Byako to see.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y20/deathstar175/Highlands.jpg  

deathstar175

deathstar175

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:46 pm
The grandstands and sign are completed and on the sign the following words were put.
RULES

1. Fly fairly, no one is King of the skies yet... Probably...
2. One pilot per Clan (But if the pilot is absent on a roll day another clan member can roll in thier stead.)
3. All pilots must be ready with their planes and at the start line on or before the Race day.
((4. The race will take in a board game like style, 56 spaces. Each turn will be a roll of a six sided die. After everyone has roled the map will be updated with your current locations and I will post special updates about anything that might have happened upon landing on said space.))

The storm around the entrance intensifies blocking off the starting line and the storm around the grandstands dissipated leaving them open to the public.

(Topic is officially opened but please, PLEASE don't try to ruin this race. And stick to the grandstands.)  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:32 pm
Vendors began arriving in the Grandstands awaiting the crowds that were soon to come. Several people were already camping out in some of the better seats,
The Storm around the Starting line began to disappate.
The Day of the race is drawing close...  

deathstar175

deathstar175

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:19 pm
Crowds are now filtering into the Grandstand, hundreds of thousands of people of all species, dead and alive. All of them had come to watch the race, even though none of the racers had appeared yet, they eagerly awaited their arrival.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:43 am
lutia flew in standing atop a giant living sword sideways with a powerful engine attached to the hilt
and a single thick cable threaded through a par of holes drilled into it that functioned as riehns
"the jarian clan is ready"  

Sou Jara
Vice Captain

Faulty Ambition

Beloved Smoker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:06 pm
Laciryl Eciov entered the stands.
He elbowed his way to a seat with a good view and bought some popcorn.
"This should be one fine race."

~~~

Another racer pulled up beside Lutia.
His white bangs fluttered in the wind where they escaped from the hood of his heavy black coat.
His black boots gleamed almost as much as the large zipper on the front of the coat.
His feet rested on the pedals of a sleek flying black motorcycle.
His face remained turned towards the starting line as the ends of his black blindfold fluttered slightly.
He grinned.
"My clan is ready as well."  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:21 pm
dling nodded "everythings in order...clans jarian and mystery clan have registered"  

Jasae Bushae
Captain

2,900 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100

Sou Jara
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:17 pm
lutias eyes narrowed as she studdied this odd newcomer
a mystery clan huh? this will be intresting...

((500 gold its the guy who attacked kabina))  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:51 pm
The great ship Aria appeared on the horizon and quickly became larger as it got closer. Obviously, it would not fit in as a racer. A hanger opened on one side of Aria and an escalator let itself down to the grandstands. Several hundred Starunes came out of the ship to watch the race.  

deathstar175

Faulty Ambition

Beloved Smoker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:12 am
The odd racer from the mysterious clan turned his head to face Lutia.
He would have been staring, had he not been blind and blindfolded.
His grin widened.
"Jarian Clan? Ah, you must be Lutia. I have heard of you. You may call me Ansem if you so wish. Best of luck to you."
Light glinted off the young man's motorcycle.
Ready for the race.

((Really?))  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:11 pm
she nodded to ansem "likewise"
she looked around the arena curious if the other racers would make there apearance known

((jasae acnowledged you and he is such a profile nut that a unwritten character would have stood no chance getting into an official even))  

Sou Jara
Vice Captain

Faulty Ambition

Beloved Smoker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:43 pm
"Is it just me, or is there no other competition here?"
His grin faltered a bit before returning full force.
"It would be a shame for you to only race a blind man."

((And I've written many characters that Jasae's seen. Alabaster is not my only character. Not by far.))  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:36 pm
lutia smiles back "i know...but ill manage somehow"
she looked up seeing a large ship come in
"desta of hunter the princess of dramatics"
not that i dont enjoy a grand entrance myself now and then...

(( stare riiight rolleyes ))  

Sou Jara
Vice Captain

Faulty Ambition

Beloved Smoker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:17 pm
"Ah! A grand entrance! I should have made a better one myself."
The hooded man grinned.
He revved his engine in anticipation.

((Perhaps your brother doesn't tell you everything. Or if he does, perhaps he himself doesn't know the full story. I know full well how little of Gaia I tell my sister, and we're twins.))  
Byako, City of Everything Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff