Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Children-Are YOU Making them? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are YOU Going to have kids?
  Yes (I care about the world)
  No (Too much responsibility/Pain for me)
View Results

Flammable Bait

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:16 am
For non readers-

Basically, because you can only have one child. The female population is declining, due to 'abortions'.

(My mom told me it's common to find fetuses on the street)

Families in China are concerned with losing the Family Name you see,

I know i would ;D but i can have as many kids as I damn well please.

Furthermore. It'l be mega hard for CH to <3 and be <3'd In the year 2020 or so if i were to ever return to China. (Likly)

So please, FFS plan to marry and have some kids. And the faster you do it, the less Lolita we'll have.

''China's gender ratio is unbalanced as a result. The trouble is that the men which the custom of selectivity sought to "produce" will have to pay for their privilege by suffering a shortage of brides. And in future that means fewer kids.

Indeed, by 2020, the surplus of Chinese males in their 20s will exceed the entire female population of Taiwan. The gender imbalance will get worse before it gets better; selective abortion is set to increase, not just for second and third births, but also for first births. This will cause social strains. Many young men will have to accept bachelorhood, a condition which often drives men to crime, even suicide and depression. Women on the other hand, will be scarcer, though whether that will lead to an improvement in their current low and often abused status is questionable.

To ensure that it does, anti-discrimination laws and rules on equality and female rights will have to be strengthened. The Chinese authorities could also abandon their policy of one child per family and allow family size to grow. However, without family planning and a proper revolution in recognising the rights of women, that may simply lead back to rapid population growth again.''  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:42 am
Mmkay...

So you're actually saying there'll be more males in China than females in the year 2020?
Because women want to give up their baby, which has more chances of being a girl than a boy, depending if the girl developes male features?

And I already know why families want boys just to keep their family name, just like the past of Emperor's of China wanting males as their heir or their wives would be neglected...

And I'd rather adpot than marry and make my own kids rolleyes
Too much pain >_<

Unless there is a good enough reason that can make me want to get married and have kids.

And taking Dr Who's ideas, the world might not be such a safe place to live in due to increase pollution, therefore there is really no point.
Unless the everyone in the world starts to become good, and cleans up the world, then yeah.

` T a p i o c a `

kyoslove74

Romantic Prophet

8,500 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:46 am
hmm lets well I wouldn't mind gettign amrried btu i want equality and I don't want to be loooked upon as somebodys pray and property.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:30 pm
This sounds so ridiculous.. CH, where did you get that from?

Besides - and I know this sounds heartless - it does sort of help solve the population increase problem..

@kyos - It's okay, it's the 21st century and you're in the Western, 'civilised' world. That won't happen.

Marriage? Perhaps. I want an exciting life, whatever I go on to do, and if marrying is exciting, well.. wink  

Niphredil Ithilmir

stupidmama21

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:48 pm
I have had 2 children (twins) and it isn't that big of a deal... only if you were born and raised in China wink I was born in China, but I left when I was 4... people hated me because of my dark skin and the fact that my father was black (he was in america) so my mother and I were always getting hit and stuff thrown at us and being yelled and so we moved with my dad's family to Japan for about 3 more years, and that wasn't working out, so we came to America. biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:04 pm
I agree with Niphy.

It helps the population problem.

But it's still cruel, all the girls are getting killed/sold/eaten. (Ok, I made up with eaten part. xD)

Hm.

More men. Isn't that a pro for the women? <3 xD

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

kyoslove74

Romantic Prophet

8,500 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:04 pm
Niphredil Ithilmir
This sounds so ridiculous.. CH, where did you get that from?

Besides - and I know this sounds heartless - it does sort of help solve the population increase problem..

@kyos - It's okay, it's the 21st century and you're in the Western, 'civilised' world. That won't happen.

Marriage? Perhaps. I want an exciting life, whatever I go on to do, and if marrying is exciting, well.. wink

yea which is a great thign but china seriously needs to get off there high and mighty horse or the girls will eb so few that the chinese guyes will end up marry people fo different nationalities because of there mothers getting abortions, taking the child into adoption or whatever ... exciting lfie sounds fun you'll get married cool  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:39 am
Niph - I forgot to add about the increase of population xd But yeah, I agree....so many freaking women are making too much babies these days...and treating them badly -_-

t0sh - If you mean girl babies that died in the mothers womb, then yes, they do get eaten, males inclusive ninja Chinese people eat the dead babies in special dishes....it was in a chinese newpaper that my dad found - gags -
I thought I mentioned about this in the ICU before ninja

Men aren't such a good thing for women...they can abuse/cheat on them depending on their personalities...and same can happen the other way round ninja

` T a p i o c a `

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:06 am
But less women would mean less choices for men thus the existing women would have a better chance. Yes?

Ah, and I heard about the eating fetus thing when I went back.

I wouldn't goto a resturant for weeks. xD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:15 am
Wait.. what's this eating foetuses thing? I've never heard about it. eek sweatdrop  

Niphredil Ithilmir

Tokioka

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:14 am
Niphredil Ithilmir
Wait.. what's this eating foetuses thing? I've never heard about it. eek sweatdrop
I saw some photos of a japanese man eating a fried foetus. My very sick friend showed them to me at his house. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:41 am
well, population is an issue in China as well... it was seriously populated when i went over there... traffic was chaotic that drivers became experts in cutting lanes like crazy....

so to abort the one child policy might really cause troubles as well.. >.< i do agree however that they should strengthen anti-discrimination and women's rights... so that families can consider giving births to female...

then again, i can tell you that the overall most China women are very independant and strong on their own... there are lots of single women out there in fact... As for the poor ones, most of them would flock to other countries to seek better opportunities in career or find a man to marry in Singapore instead rather than marry the man in their own country...

China will have lots of social problems to solve..  

soumakisa

Niphredil Ithilmir

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:30 pm
@souma - You're overestimating the ability of the poor women in China to choose. The part of the population that we out-of-China Chinese people see are the ones who are relatively rich;; in the top 5, 10% of the country. There are hundreds of millions of women living in rural areas who simply can't flock to other countries or marry Singaporean men because they can't afford to.

But then, to be fair, the one-child policy is a lot less strict in rural areas anyway. -shrug-

Yes, lots of social problems..  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:06 am
some do not use their money at all... the men would pay their air tickets and arrange them to come here from what i know..

i had some uncles, my friends' fathers.. and they all married China women..

according to statistics, the amount of China women coming to Singapore is increasing rapidly..

of coz not all of them are poor.. some were average women that choose to go to other countries and reside..  

soumakisa

I ran out of name changes

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:02 am
It's truths. Although seeing as we are using English to communicate then that obviously means we arent fully located in China.

and yes this is truths, and it's not just MORE male then female, it's around for every 1 female there is 3-4 Male.

I think :l Need to do more research on it.

Source: Last year when i went to China and my mom talking about it in England, as well as google search results.

So yeah :l

My estimate: Richers get all the girls, Poorers go revolutionizing.

Maybe >_>

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces