Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Japan(Discussion: Everything about it!) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mysterika

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 1:59 am
Okay, so, perhaps our grandparents and stuff may not like the Japanese, but what do YOU like about Japan?

I love their technology, and anime/manga!! heart whee  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 2:45 am
Japan originated form China, so that's...something...

I like the culture, probably because it's so similar to ours, but seems more mystic, since it is forieng after all.  

cold_blooded_chick

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 5:11 am
Tokyo is the fashion capital! heart
Yea.. but I really don't care bout fashion... Oh I know I'll make a list..
List of Stuff from Japan I like:
Anime/Manga
Hot Springs!
Sakura (They are so pretty!)
Sushi! But not the raw fish ones *shudders* raw fish gonk
The 100yen stores with the stuff don't break easily
Bamboo stuff...But China has those too...
Um.. Think thats like...

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 8:04 am
I like all the cartoons, the kimonos and the people there are really nice.  

Chikiya

KawaiiMistress17

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 8:13 am
Mysterika
Okay, so, perhaps our grandparents and stuff may not like the Japanese, but what do YOU like about Japan?

Eh 90% of everything Japanese came from China. However I give them kudos on their technology / video games. Other than that...not much. sweatdrop

I used to be into anime/manga...now i just find them rather dull. Oh yea...fashion, Tokyo street fashion is worth seeing. They wear so much stuff on them, yet not enough to cover most places. XD

1093843 bracelets + 2 inch skirt... woot!

However, they do have a very good fashion sense. ^^  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 12:28 pm
My grandfather was killed in the war sad  

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

yalie5

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 2:34 pm
KawaiiMistress17
Mysterika

Eh 90% of everything Japanese came from China. However I give them kudos on their technology / video games. Other than that...not much. sweatdrop

I used to be into anime/manga...now i just find them rather dull. Oh yea...fashion, Tokyo street fashion is worth seeing. They wear so much stuff on them, yet not enough to cover most places. XD

lol true^^ don't forget the 10 inchh platforms =P
and there is story that says that japan originated from a chinese princess . let's see the story says that there was a chinese princess and she was nice and then something got her pregnant and she had to run for her life then the gods liked her and made and island come out to the water just for her and she gave birth to the first japanese person on that island. but that's just a story. i'm not sure if it came from china or japan. lol
a more logical reasoning is that in ancient times people fron china fled to japan to begin their own government because it was too oppressive in china and then it was known as japan.  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 6:53 pm
yalie5
KawaiiMistress17
Mysterika

and there is story that says that japan originated from a chinese princess . let's see the story says that there was a chinese princess and she was nice and then something got her pregnant and she had to run for her life then the gods liked her and made and island come out to the water just for her and she gave birth to the first japanese person on that island. but that's just a story. i'm not sure if it came from china or japan. lol
a more logical reasoning is that in ancient times people fron china fled to japan to begin their own government because it was too oppressive in china and then it was known as japan.

That's actually not how Japan started...although i do like that pregant girl story. The real story is that, in the second dynasty. The Qin, the emperor also known as Qin Shi Huang, (this guy ordered the Great Walll to be built) searched for the fountain of youth. He sent his men to as far as he could, the monks that he sent out to Japan was stuck in Japan due to a particular violent thunderstorm, their ships were lost and they never got the chance to come back. Hence the start of the country of Japan.  

KawaiiMistress17

[Major General] Andrews

Distinct Citizen

7,100 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 9:28 pm
KawaiiMistress17
yalie5
KawaiiMistress17
Mysterika

That's actually not how Japan started...although i do like that pregant girl story. The real story is that, in the second dynasty. The Qin, the emperor also known as Qin Shi Huang, (this guy ordered the Great Walll to be built) searched for the fountain of youth. He sent his men to as far as he could, the monks that he sent out to Japan was stuck in Japan due to a particular violent thunderstorm, their ships were lost and they never got the chance to come back. Hence the start of the country of Japan.

so technically, it should be rightfully chinese? ancestry, historically spawned? intriguing....  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 11:00 pm
Yes, I DO know that Japan originated from China sweatdrop ( Very easy to tell so when studying their language systems. 3nodding ), but lets talk about what we like more about it in the present.

Having said Japan comes from China, I believe Korea also does. Random fact. *shrug

So, Kimonos, they're G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S. I tried on a yukata in Hawaii, it took around 1hour and a bit more to fix up the sash. So kimonos, obviously much more elaborate and elegant, would take a lot more time.
Fashion wise, phhftt, Japanese chicks crazily acsessorize and mix and match, clashing everything together! Its not exactly very well co-ordinated, but it still is okay on the eyes, though at times, a bit OTT. sweatdrop Though I admit, very big fan of Hello Kitty, and Sanrio.

Hot springs, I certainly hope they are better then the ones in Korea. You gotta go naked in those ones. sweatdrop

As for anime/manga, I guess the reason why I love it so much is coz the cartoons are 'humanized' in a sense. And with a touch of Asian flair. The boys always look stunningly yummy. I'm currently hooked on Furuba. 3nodding  

Mysterika

yalie5

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 11:58 am
Mysterika
Yes, I DO know that Japan originated from China sweatdrop ( Very easy to tell so when studying their language systems. 3nodding ), but lets talk about what we like more about it in the present.

Having said Japan comes from China, I believe Korea also does. Random fact. *shrug

So, Kimonos, they're G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S. I tried on a yukata in Hawaii, it took around 1hour and a bit more to fix up the sash. So kimonos, obviously much more elaborate and elegant, would take a lot more time.
Fashion wise, phhftt, Japanese chicks crazily acsessorize and mix and match, clashing everything together! Its not exactly very well co-ordinated, but it still is okay on the eyes, though at times, a bit OTT. sweatdrop Though I admit, very big fan of Hello Kitty, and Sanrio.

Hot springs, I certainly hope they are better then the ones in Korea. You gotta go naked in those ones. sweatdrop

As for anime/manga, I guess the reason why I love it so much is coz the cartoons are 'humanized' in a sense. And with a touch of Asian flair. The boys always look stunningly yummy. I'm currently hooked on Furuba. 3nodding

lol you crack me up xd
yes now that you mention clothes Japanese and chinese clothing a very similar and kimonos are very pretty though i have yet to try one on.^^i'm not big on hello kitty but i do like chococat and kerropi^^ as for hot springs ew... no way am i going in the water naked. and yes boys in mangas are yummy. they're so yummy that sometimes i turn them into cookies and eat them up. and korea was a part of china but they won their independance throuhgh war and china has stopped going after it. I think the same goes for japan though there is no actual record. if china were to take back all the land that had broken away there'd be alot of things to take back.  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 12:49 pm
my grandparents don't really like japanese...they said they're mean
but i like the anime and manga!! heart heart i draw manga  

[Pink Lady]

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 1:33 pm
cold_blooded_chick
... stare

Yea.. I'm gonna second that...  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 3:48 pm
t0shi0
cold_blooded_chick
... stare

Yea.. I'm gonna second that...
LOL
i forgot to mention i like their music. jpop and jrock is pretty good too. most of the music i d/l is jpop mostly because chinese music is so damn hard to find... at least the kind i can d/l lol  

yalie5

mitsuo01

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 9:27 pm
I saw some intresting facts, most people stated the obvious things. *Lives in Japan*  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff