Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kage no Gensou; A Yuugiou((Yugioh)) Guild

Back to Guilds

A friendly guild for any and all types of Yuugiou: Duel Monsters fans. 

Tags: Yuugiou, Yugioh, Duel Monsters, Anime, Manga 

Reply General Discussion
Official Guild Discussion Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Contest Subforum?
  Yes.
  No.
  Maybe in the future.
  Not sure yet.
View Results

Gunpowder Valentine

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:47 pm
This thread was created for everyone who is a part of this guild to discuss their ideas, upcoming features, and just about anything related to the guild's growth. It doesn't matter how long you've been here or how many posts you have. We still would like to know what you think.

Please try to keep all topic pointed somehow to bettering the guild.

Main Topic: Contests.

What kind of contests would you guys be interested in joining/starting?

Also, do you think anyone should be allowed to start a contest, or should we have official threads where people can enter?

Any other ideas concerning this are welcome too.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:13 pm
Yes, any input is appreciated. As you may've already noticed, the guild is having a big update going on right now. We always like to hear ideas from other members. ^^  

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

pixiestixryu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:24 am
Well, I like the name as it is... though I don't know what it means. Thats irrelivent! This name stood out from the other guilds, its one of the reasons I clicked it.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:46 am
pixiestixryu
Well, I like the name as it is... though I don't know what it means. Thats irrelivent! This name stood out from the other guilds, its one of the reasons I clicked it.

Seriously? ._. That's good to know about it standing out. I was thinking it would repel people for some reason. whee

Gunpowder Valentine

Sakuae

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:25 am
Yeah, I kind of like the name we have already sweatdrop It sounds cool biggrin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:25 pm
Interesting; I wouldn't think that a random Japanese phrase (okay, so it does have relevance to YUU*GI*OU, but most people don't realize that) would stand out, but thanks for saying so. Please continue discussing people. ^^
Actually, I was thinking about "Duel Standby!" and while I do like it, it was just something that popped into my head because I had had a guild on Neopets that had that name. It was only really an example of a different name though I am fine with it. ^^;; Anyway, I was thinking though that it might seem too much like a "Duel Monsters Card Game guild" instead of a "YUU*GI*OU" guild. Honestly, we don't talk about the card game much in this guild.  

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

pixiestixryu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:47 pm
KitsuneChan8888888
I was thinking though that it might seem too much like a "Duel Monsters Card Game guild" instead of a "YUU*GI*OU" guild. Honestly, we don't talk about the card game much in this guild.

yeah, thats what I was thinking too. sweatdrop

Its hard coming up with a catchy new name. Just another reason I think it shouldn't change.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:56 pm
I like the title the way it is. It stands out.  

Nikil-san

29,750 Points
  • Miasmal Lake Visitor 25
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Amateur Decorator 50

Gunpowder Valentine

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:14 pm
Thanks to those who've posted so far. :3 It's nice to see how everyone feels.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:59 pm
Hmm, personally, I love the guild name. 3nodding When you look at it, it draws you to it, y'know? At least that's what it did to me. ^^;;
If you guys really want to change the name, then how about something like... Well, I don't really know how great the name is that I came up with, but I'll risk looking like a weirdo 'cause I want to make a suggestion. >>;; How about "Duelests United"?  

Chibi Kitsune Warrior
Crew

Precious Treasure

12,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

pixiestixryu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:45 pm
I'd rather have something that reflects our main focus if you guys are really set on changing it. Like yu-gi-oh yackers. domokun

I don't know, XD we don't seem to duel much. Its more of just strange little chatter and swapping info.

It should have alliteration.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:52 am
I like the whole "Duelists United" thing, actually. But the problem with that is that it may come across as if we're a dueling guild, focusing on just the card game, even though Yuugiou is based off of the card game and the name simply reflects the main idea of the show. I mean, we could go with something like that, but then we'd have to have an extra string of words in the title((like we currently have now)), saying something like, "A guild for all Yuugiou fans".

Alliteration isn't a bad idea either because I think it makes the name easier to remember.

The thing with the current name is that anyone who isn't familar with Japanese is probably mispronouncing it. So do you think we should stay away from Japanese, although some of you said that the originality of it was what you were initially drawn to.

Gunpowder Valentine

Chibi Kitsune Warrior
Crew

Precious Treasure

12,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:45 am
I am the Burger King
I like the whole "Duelists United" thing, actually. But the problem with that is that it may come across as if we're a dueling guild, focusing on just the card game, even though Yuugiou is based off of the card game and the name simply reflects the main idea of the show. I mean, we could go with something like that, but then we'd have to have an extra string of words in the title((like we currently have now)), saying something like, "A guild for all Yuugiou fans".

Alliteration isn't a bad idea either because I think it makes the name easier to remember.

The thing with the current name is that anyone who isn't familar with Japanese is probably mispronouncing it. So do you think we should stay away from Japanese, although some of you said that the originality of it was what you were initially drawn to.

Yeah, that's what I thought also.

Maybe we can keep Japanese names and have a pronounciation thing on the main page...?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:04 pm
chibi_kitsune_warrior
Yeah, that's what I thought also.

Maybe we can keep Japanese names and have a pronounciation thing on the main page...?

Yeah, that's a good idea. At least for now, so people can understand it a bit better.

Gunpowder Valentine

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:48 am
Or maybe at least a translation. Japanese pronunciation is hard to explain over the internet and it might make the front page seem too difficult and cluttered if we go into a long thing on how to pronounce "Kage no Gensou" or any other Japanese title.  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff