Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
The Senshi Theory Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did I do a good job writing this?
  Yes. It makes total sense.
  If you say so...
View Results

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:41 am
This is just conjecture! I picked up this information over the years and peiced it together. Here is what I've come up with.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:27 am
... is there a, "to be continued," here?  

TheWitchGotRobin

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:27 am
A Sailor Senshi is a being that is in fact the Gaurdian of a planet. They are gifted with special powers to help them acheive this purpose. Females are more likely to be born a Senshi or reasons unknown, but there are male analogs. A female is known as simply a Senshi and a male is called a Knight. In this document, either gender will be refered to as Senshi. Usually, a Senshi revered by normal people, and therefore they are often in an authoritarian position in a planet's society. More than one Senshi may be born to a planet, which is a common occurance.

Powers are classified under 10 known elements: Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, Ice, Lightning, Light, Dark, Bio, and Holy. Some elements are more or less common than others. Holy, for example is a powerful, but rare type. (Sailor Moon is known to possess this type) The power of a Senshi comes primarily from the planet they are associated with. That is their life source and the reason why they seem to live far longer than normal people. Power types are always closely bound to the Senshi's individual personality. A Senshi will create custom techniques in time, usually as they get stronger. Transformation from normal appearance to Senshi uniform is personalized, but ALWAYS reflects the element of the Senshi's power.

Sailor Crystals are shards of the starseed of the living planet that the Senshi defends. If the planet dies, the Senshi dies... and cannot be reborn. However, if the Senshi dies an unnatural death (that is, a death that was not of old-age) he/she will be born again and again until their life-span (usually around 5,000 years or so) expires natually. This gives rise to the common notion that Senshi are immortal. If at any time a Senshi runs out of energy, be it in battle or what have you, he/she will die.

Senshi are capable of creating special items with their own energy (Sailor Galaxia created a sword). Often, their distinctive uniforms are individualized by color and/or style. However, many elements are the same in all Senshi uniforms (the sailor's collar is a good example). Senshi are always reputed to be very attractive, at least among other members of their speicies and especially among members of the opposite gender. They are considered to be the image of physical perfection.

Although their have been reports of senshi being able to survive unprotected in the vauum of space, but this is not entirely true. There have been moments where this has occured, but most Senshi are just as frail as normal people when unprotected. The possibilities of an energy shield to hold in a breathable atmosphere are there, as it has been observed before (Sailor Moon R movie). Senshi generally have exceedingly quick reflexes, a high tolerance for pain in virtually all it's forms, excellent eyesight and hearing, and often the power to jump unnatually high, giving the appearance of flying.

When a Senshi reproduces, the gene that transmits the traits of a Senshi (yes there is one) is ALWAYS dominant! Meaning that when a Senshi has a child, their offspring will be a Senshi. Also, Senshi bloodlines become stronger with each generation. Eventually, it will become so powerful that the energy of the newborn Senshi's Sailor Crystal will shine through their third-eye chakra, more commonly known as the forehead, taking the shape of what has been accepted as the official symbols of each element (Sailor Moon is a good example of this. That's why she has the Holy symbol on her forehead... Queen Serenity isn't a good one, because if you pay attention, there is a string of tiny beads attached to either end of the crecent moon on her forehead... making her symbol, in actuality, a form of jewlery). This is a permanent birthmark and is not to be confused with the planet's offical symbol that also appears at birth.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:28 am
sorry i din't post it fast enough. I'm showing my house, so i'v been busy.  

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

TheWitchGotRobin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:33 am
Cool. Makes sense to me.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:52 pm
That's a good theroy- though it's only one.

There are many theories on a senshi and what makes them a senshi. According to your theroy, the Astreiod Senshi wouldn't be a senshi because their Astreodis. Therefore that would prove the Cannon wrong.

However, the Females are NOT called Scouts (that's a ridiculous DUB name.) they're simply called Sailor Senshi due to the Sailor Collar. And there are Male Senshi, they're just not called 'Sailors'. 'Knights' are a good sub. for it though.

Prime example would be Mamoru. He has a Sailor Crystal/StarSeed. He carries the powers of his planet within him. He's like any other Sailor Senshi only he doesn't wear a skirt or have a sailor collar. (though his cape could be considered one.). Though many people like to write him off as someone who just 'happens' to have somewhat of a power because his magic is not the same as the others. Therefore he's often not labeled under 'Sailor Senshi' even though he -has- a Sailor Crystal himself.

Lifespans of a Senshi varies as do their powers. 'Holy' isn't all that rare considering that both Chibi Moon and Chibi Chibi 'Moon' possess it as well.

Though I'm only picking out a few, I do not think it matters if a Senshi dies of old age or an unnatural death all their Star Seeds would eventually go back to the Cauldorn to be either reborn as a new person (Per Manga.) or stay within the cauldron itself until they're ready.

I do believe that the specailized 'items' such as the three Tailsmans (The Granet Orb, Space sword, and the Aqua Mirror) are created with their own powers but I also believe they are dettached peice of the Starseeds themselves so that the tailsmans never part with the actual senshi and may evovle over time with each 'new' owner.

Other items such as the Moon Sword and the Kaliedoscoopes that Mamoru bought Usagi and Chibiusa where given 'wills' of their own are never mentioned again to what happens to them. They may have simply disappeared into their owners- who knows?

Again, correct. Every time you see a Senshi, they're lovely, goregous and usually they are royalty on their planets.

However in Stars Manga ver. You see that the Sailor Animates are not original senshi and have taken the Sailor Crystals/Starseeds of the planet's guardian.

In all their cases, their planets were destoryed by Galaxia who defeated all the Sailor Senshi for each planet.

Of course, Senshi cannot Live in the vacuum of Space. Utterly non-plasuible. When you see the Sol Senshi for our System in space, you can see the barrier around them that protects them from the frigid and harsh conditions of space and to make it breathable for them.

Well, I believe most Senshi have to build a high tolerance level for anything. It doesn't just come out of thin air. Many things are worked on to be a senshi. As you can tell when we (those that haven't seen Sailor V) first meet Sailor Moon, she didn't really have a high tolerance for anything really. She fell and skinned her knee the first go around and cried about it. But later we see she's grown up a bit more enduring the pain like all the others are.

^ Over all, Any Sailor Senshi whether they have a collar or not or are female or male, have a goal and mission in life as a soldier. That's the thing most Otaku Senshi-makers make a mistake. They don't give their senshi a mission in life. What reason are they alive? What's their main point?

For the Sol Senshi they're main point is to protect their Solar System from opposing forces and keep the balance in it.

Galaxia was missing a purpose for being there and alive. Therefor she went -looking- for it. (in the manga). She discovered a hard truth and in her way, she was protecting everyone from war and such by trying to stop StarSeeds from being born (because both opposing Starseeds are born to cause conflict).

That was her whole thing. She couldn't accept anything that was less then what she saw.

>>;; So...bottom line: Sailor Senshi or whatever star system have a purpose and mission and that's to keep the balance of where they live from opposing forces.

(but that's my added two cents.)  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500

SilverStarboy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:26 pm
Wel great Theory but Chibi Moon has Holy powers since Her mother has it. So I guess it would be pretty rare  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:17 pm
SilverStarboy
Wel great Theory but Chibi Moon has Holy powers since Her mother has it. So I guess it would be pretty rare

I think Mamoru does to, only his version is different.  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Mercuryangel
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:43 am
Interesting theories. But where would the powers of the Starlights fall into this? And actually, that's another minor kink in your theory. In the manga at least, their home planet was destroyed but they still had their senshi powers; plus there's more than one for one planet.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:48 am
Luamervara
SilverStarboy

I think Mamoru does to, only his version is different.

Mamoru has Earth Power. He can touch the ground and feel things 3nodding It just so happens that he's also psychic... the weirdo. XD  

Syndrama

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:52 am
Luamervara
That's a good theroy- though it's only one.

There are many theories on a senshi and what makes them a senshi. According to your theroy, the Astreiod Senshi wouldn't be a senshi because their Astreodis. Therefore that would prove the Cannon wrong.

However, the Females are NOT called Scouts (that's a ridiculous DUB name.) they're simply called Sailor Senshi due to the Sailor Collar. And there are Male Senshi, they're just not called 'Sailors'. 'Knights' are a good sub. for it though.

Prime example would be Mamoru. He has a Sailor Crystal/StarSeed. He carries the powers of his planet within him. He's like any other Sailor Senshi only he doesn't wear a skirt or have a sailor collar. (though his cape could be considered one.). Though many people like to write him off as someone who just 'happens' to have somewhat of a power because his magic is not the same as the others. Therefore he's often not labeled under 'Sailor Senshi' even though he -has- a Sailor Crystal himself.

Lifespans of a Senshi varies as do their powers. 'Holy' isn't all that rare considering that both Chibi Moon and Chibi Chibi 'Moon' possess it as well.

Though I'm only picking out a few, I do not think it matters if a Senshi dies of old age or an unnatural death all their Star Seeds would eventually go back to the Cauldorn to be either reborn as a new person (Per Manga.) or stay within the cauldron itself until they're ready.

I do believe that the specailized 'items' such as the three Tailsmans (The Granet Orb, Space sword, and the Aqua Mirror) are created with their own powers but I also believe they are dettached peice of the Starseeds themselves so that the tailsmans never part with the actual senshi and may evovle over time with each 'new' owner.

Other items such as the Moon Sword and the Kaliedoscoopes that Mamoru bought Usagi and Chibiusa where given 'wills' of their own are never mentioned again to what happens to them. They may have simply disappeared into their owners- who knows?

Again, correct. Every time you see a Senshi, they're lovely, goregous and usually they are royalty on their planets.

However in Stars Manga ver. You see that the Sailor Animates are not original senshi and have taken the Sailor Crystals/Starseeds of the planet's guardian.

In all their cases, their planets were destoryed by Galaxia who defeated all the Sailor Senshi for each planet.

Of course, Senshi cannot Live in the vacuum of Space. Utterly non-plasuible. When you see the Sol Senshi for our System in space, you can see the barrier around them that protects them from the frigid and harsh conditions of space and to make it breathable for them.

Well, I believe most Senshi have to build a high tolerance level for anything. It doesn't just come out of thin air. Many things are worked on to be a senshi. As you can tell when we (those that haven't seen Sailor V) first meet Sailor Moon, she didn't really have a high tolerance for anything really. She fell and skinned her knee the first go around and cried about it. But later we see she's grown up a bit more enduring the pain like all the others are.

^ Over all, Any Sailor Senshi whether they have a collar or not or are female or male, have a goal and mission in life as a soldier. That's the thing most Otaku Senshi-makers make a mistake. They don't give their senshi a mission in life. What reason are they alive? What's their main point?

For the Sol Senshi they're main point is to protect their Solar System from opposing forces and keep the balance in it.

Galaxia was missing a purpose for being there and alive. Therefor she went -looking- for it. (in the manga). She discovered a hard truth and in her way, she was protecting everyone from war and such by trying to stop StarSeeds from being born (because both opposing Starseeds are born to cause conflict).

That was her whole thing. She couldn't accept anything that was less then what she saw.

>>;; So...bottom line: Sailor Senshi or whatever star system have a purpose and mission and that's to keep the balance of where they live from opposing forces.

(but that's my added two cents.)

good, good... I suppose you are right about a few things... lemmie edit it... *edits post*... ok hows about now?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:55 am
Mercuryangel
Interesting theories. But where would the powers of the Starlights fall into this? And actually, that's another minor kink in your theory. In the manga at least, their home planet was destroyed but they still had their senshi powers; plus there's more than one for one planet.

No, there's one SailorCrystal per celestial body (As we've noticed about the Asteriod Senshi they're not from moons or planets.) It's highly likely that wherever Kinmoku(sp) is there are either Three moons, three major asteriods, or three other planets.

Then again, a Shooting 'Star' would be considered a celestial body

Though you're right one one point, their homes were destoryed but they retained their power. Heck, Galaxia destoryed her own star home and retrained her powers.

Alechsa: =P but I'm crazy about that Weirdo.  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Mercuryangel
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:40 pm
I kinda phrased that part badly, but that's ok, because the point was resolved anyway. And that's a good point...I recall the Starlights but I forget about Galaxia destroying her own planet? Rather odd. But the multiple asteroids concept makes sense.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:47 pm
Mercuryangel

Ummm... *cracks open Sailor Stars Manga #2* yeah about that. Kinmoku wasn't destroyed actually... or at least they don't directly say so. We can only assume it was because of Galaxia's planet-busting tendancies. However... if it doesn't say so explicitly and the Starlights and Princess Kakyu are still alive without the bracelets, I'll have to say otherwise. This makes sense, ya?

Destroy her own planet??? well, it's plausable, as she had braclets to keep her alive, same as her followers whose planets were destroyed.

The starlight's powers seem to be of the light element... like Venus. But that's just me...  

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:59 pm
Despite the meaning of her civilian name, Uranus is also Earth-type.  
Home

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff