Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
International Towel Day Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Le Phanta Muffin-san

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 6:23 pm
As a newb to the guild, I glances through the post list... and hadn't seen this mentioned. Zaphod forgive me if it's already been posted.

http://www.towelday.kojv.net/

The Towel Day Website

You sass that hoopy Douglas Adams? Now there's a frood who knew where his towel was. You are invited to join your fellow hitchhikers in mourning the loss of the late great one. Join in on towel day to show your appreciation for the humor and insight that Douglas Adams brought to all our lives.

What do I do?
Carry your towel with you throughout the day to show your participation and mourning.

When do I do it?
May 25th, 2005.

Were do I do it?
Everywhere.

Get out there, and carry those towels.  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:05 pm
That'd be interesting to do...if only I had a towel...at least one that wasn't dirty. I might do it, who knows.  

Cracovin

Le Phanta Muffin-san

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:15 pm
Cracovin
That'd be interesting to do...if only I had a towel...at least one that wasn't dirty. I might do it, who knows.

You've got four or five days to wash them, you know.  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:20 pm
I'm definetely going to show my love for HHGG. Mind you I've got school on the 25th so i might just tie a mini hand towel to my pants.  

Lunar_Blade

Cracovin

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:58 pm
Phanta Magoriga
Cracovin

You're right, but my school has a really strict dress code, and even stricter on the last day of school, I have no idea how a towel would go over.  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 11:39 am
Lunar_Blade
I'm definetely going to show my love for HHGG. Mind you I've got school on the 25th so i might just tie a mini hand towel to my pants.

I'll probably carry my big beach towel the same way I did the day of the midnight showing of the movie... wrapped around my waist like one of those sarong things. Over your jeans, it's a swell fashion statement, within easy reach, and even keeps your waist area warmer!

I love my towel.  

Le Phanta Muffin-san

Tulse Luper

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 12:48 pm
I guess I'll just have my towel hanging over my shoulder or something then, definitely going to participate.  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 3:17 pm
Cracovin
Phanta Magoriga
Cracovin

You're right, but my school has a really strict dress code, and even stricter on the last day of school, I have no idea how a towel would go over.

That's true. Darn SCHOOL.  

Le Phanta Muffin-san

Lunar_Blade

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 8:56 pm
Phanta Magoriga
Lunar_Blade

I'll probably carry my big beach towel the same way I did the day of the midnight showing of the movie... wrapped around my waist like one of those sarong things. Over your jeans, it's a swell fashion statement, within easy reach, and even keeps your waist area warmer!

I love my towel.
Alas, I have a dress code which would definetely cross a beach towel around your waist as "Inaproppriate dress". I'll be able to get away with my little hand towel but that's about it.  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 12:01 pm
Lunar_Blade
Phanta Magoriga
Lunar_Blade

I love my towel.
Alas, I have a dress code which would definetely cross a beach towel around your waist as "Inaproppriate dress". I'll be able to get away with my little hand towel but that's about it.

Freedom and democracy at its best is it not, when young people cant even celebrate their favourite writher by carrying their towel sweatdrop  

Tulse Luper

OliverWoodsGal

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 8:43 pm
alright!!! I totally forgot...thanks for the reminder...*rushes to tell friends!*  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 8:45 pm
I guess I'm lucky.... I go to an art school. This sort of thing isn't even noticed.  

Le Phanta Muffin-san

Xiuni Oontz

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 3:14 pm
I'll be sure to wrap my towel around me, but, I probally won't leave my apartment. Never do. gonk

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:01 am
xd Happy International Towel Day! *Fetches oversized towel* heart  

Fuzzykit

Tulse Luper

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 11:16 am
My international towel day was a blast, except from all the time I spent trying to explain to strags what a hoopy frood who knows where his towel is I am.

Ignorant, silly strags.  
The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games