Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Biggest Horror movie you've ever seen Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lesilrok

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:44 pm
EDIT: http://imdb.com/title/tt0486358/trailers

since they blocked it from Youtube.com there is IMDB.com

...But seriously This is truly showing, in my opinion, that religion can be seen as a terrible plague infecting humanity. The fact that children are being brainwashed in the masses believing that science does not prove anything and the sense of logic is waaaay out of place just sickens me. The scene with the little girl crying or that other kid having a spasm in the ceremony makes me want to spit on humanity. Makes me want to sometimes leave this country as it seems that idiots are trying to take it over. It makes me want to go to a place where the population of people are non-religious country where the numbers are huge ranging in the 50s% ration such as South Korea or even Japan's 85% where they have no perference in religion.

it just makes me think to myself that this country is going to hell (no pun intended)

any thoughts about this movie  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:39 pm
That is truly disgusting... in every sense of the word... and yet people have the friggin GALL to question me and my atheism... I simply don't understand these people. I really don't. What right do they have to do that? I mean, come on, people. Get real. "God's Army"? What the hell does he need an army for? To fight people for him? Then why doesn't he smite the bastards where they stand? GADS!!!
Calm... I'm okay...

Superior Jazz

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:49 pm
The idea is very simple...and disturbing at the same time.

The best way to stop a person from having a choice of wether or not to believe is to brainwash them at thier most impressionable age.

That is why you have stuff like this. You'll have things like Battle Cry, and Overzelous Church Camps. They want to start young, because once a person is old enough to develop the ability to use logic, they begin to question things.

Many people become Athiest or Agnostic after questioning faith, religion, and even those around them. It's sad, and it's pathetic....that anyone would go this far in order to preserve a belief that is based on Faith.

I really wish there was some way the Gov't could step in and prevent these poor children from being brain-washed. It isn't thier place. I understand that it isn't even my place. However...they are setting themselves up for a future that can be filled with the very thing humanity fought against so hard during the Middle Ages.

Seeing a video like that makes part of me die. There was this fanatic....his name was David...and I can't remember his last name.

He though he was the Messiah...and held up many people in a Texan church. He was dangerous. In the end he blew up the church, taking everyone inside down with him.

I don't want children to grow up being crazy like that man. That is why those kids...with those things in thier hands swinging them around scare me. They remind me too much of that religious fantatic that killed people...because he thought the end of the world was near.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:35 pm
I'll still watch this movie but I am going to scorn at humanity especially religion. The trailer has me pissed off to the max alone let alone I do not know how I am going to be when I watch the movie.

I would watch it to see both sides of the topic at hand.  

Lesilrok

PickleBoy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:52 pm
If you notice, she mentions the Islamic countries that are "our enemies" and how they are doing the same thing and sending their children to "camps" like this. It just goes to show, ignorance and stupidity just breeds more. Just like shinobukun said, brainwash them when they're young and you'll have an "army" for the rest of their lives.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:06 am
What the ********... that's just disturbing. That australian guy saying that the kids should "give their lives" for jesus. The kid saying that he was "saved" at 5 because he "wanted more to life"... a 5 year old doesn't know the phiolsophy of wanting more in their lives! A 5-year-old's life should be simple!

Talk about brainwashing.

I agree with pickleBoy, what that old woman said is entirely hypocritical. She says about the people in palestine "putting grenades into their [kids'] hands", but she approves of the kids in the US saying they will die for their religion?

It's so ******** up.

@ sang... that's awful. It just shows how quick people are to believe stuff like that, then they up wasting their lives because of it.

Muaethia

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:22 am
Muaethia
What the ********... that's just disturbing. That australian guy saying that the kids should "give their lives" for jesus. The kid saying that he was "saved" at 5 because he "wanted more to life"... a 5 year old doesn't know the phiolsophy of wanting more in their lives! A 5-year-old's life should be simple!

Talk about brainwashing.

I agree with pickleBoy, what that old woman said is entirely hypocritical. She says about the people in palestine "putting grenades into their [kids'] hands", but she approves of the kids in the US saying they will die for their religion?

It's so ******** up.

@ sang... that's awful. It just shows how quick people are to believe stuff like that, then they up wasting their lives because of it.

What it comes down to is that those Islamic Terrorists who are willing to die for thier religion were brained washed from childhood in many aspects. What they are doing at that camp is no different.

The only difference I see, is that it is two different religions.

In reality it is Christianity that causes the problem over there. They(the Islamist) are afraid that their part of the world will become westernized. It is not because they detest democracy, but that they detest Christianity. They fear that Christianity will do to thier religion what it has done to other countless religions...which is wipe it out.

They act aggresively in fear that Chrisitanity will replace thier religion, and that what they believe will be lost.

Zealots and Terrorists capitalize on this fear, and that is why they have such a large following. I don't think they have a problem with Democracy as much as a problem with Christians trying to convert them. That is what they fear...a fallout of thier belief.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:06 pm
... Is this for real?

I mean seriously. I have heard of things like this, I have even been to a bible camp, but nothing like that. I mean come on... people in Palestine giving them granades?!

You know the kids were taught lines... no kid talks like that normally at that young age. This... will haunt me in my dreams.

They did dances with ******** arrows... ARROWS!!

And Christians say that WE are the evil ones.

Yami_Ichi

Zambimaru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:24 am
That was one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen. I almost shed a tear watching that. Parents are taking advantage of their kids trust in them and using it to turn them into weapons or slaves of fait because they know kids are the best tool. I hope that isn’t the future of America.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:49 am
Yami_Ichi
... Is this for real?

I mean seriously. I have heard of things like this, I have even been to a bible camp, but nothing like that. I mean come on... people in Palestine giving them granades?!

You know the kids were taught lines... no kid talks like that normally at that young age. This... will haunt me in my dreams.

Were those arrows, or short staffs? I couldn't really tell.

Sanguvixen

Yami_Ichi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:20 pm
Sanguvixen
Yami_Ichi
... Is this for real?

Were those arrows, or short staffs? I couldn't really tell.

They looked too thin to be staffs. I assumed arrows by how long they looked and by their thickness that I could see.
^^;;
I could be wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:37 pm
=/ It's gone.. due to a TOS violation on Youtube..  

Nergalitos

Celebrating Reveler

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:18 pm
Nergalitos

Wow...really? What was the violation?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:21 pm
Sanguvixen
Nergalitos

=/ I dunno. It just says the the movie has violated the Terms of Use of Youtube. It dosen't get specific.  

Nergalitos

Celebrating Reveler

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:25 pm
Nergalitos
Sanguvixen
Nergalitos

=/ I dunno. It just says the the movie has violated the Terms of Use of Youtube. It dosen't get specific.

Hmmm....Might have been Copyright stuff...who knows.

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff