Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Biohazard: Umbrella Chronicles:: Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 67 68 69 70 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MM-212 Beta
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:42 pm
::Biohazard: Umbrella Chronicles::

As official word has broken out, I thought I'd start the thread before others get out of control. Feel free to gossip out ideas about Capcom's new survivor horror coming out for the Nintendo Wii.

This thread will stay open until otherwise

What we know:

-4 chapters; RE1's mansion, RE2's RPD, RE3's city areas and RE4's village.
-Each chapter will have 2 characters to choose from. Example: RE1- Jill or Chris, RE2- Leon or Claire, RE3- Jill or Carlos, RE4- Leon or Ada.
-Gamplay will focus on RE4 control style.
-Game will have QTEs, but rather than push buttons you have to make motions with the wiimote in order to get through them.
-All characters will have some kind of a melee attack
-To insure replay value each character will have strength and weaknesses.
-Each character will have 2 unique weapons. Chris will have a pistol and shotgun and Jill with the pistol and grenade launcher.
-Saving will be similar to Resident Evil 4.
-Arcade mode is introduced. Similar to Mercenaries minigame in RE4.
-Scenario mode will have numerous cutscences.
-Conserving ammo will be a factor. Nothin like RE4 style.

For more info, check out the Raccoon City Times latest headline.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:13 am
I read about this in a Japanese Mag. I've got mixed feelings about this but hell, I'll be buying it reguardless of the final product. good call on making a sticky out of this topic  

Skylar St Claire

4,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

MM-212 Beta
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:43 am
Nicholai Ginovaef
I read about this in a Japanese Mag. I've got mixed feelings about this but hell, I'll be buying it reguardless of the final product. good call on making a sticky out of this topic
I love this idea, finally we get to find out what happen to Umbrella after the takedown of Raccoon City to the years after. It be a great setup for Resident Evil 5. Plus its like their remaking RE1-RE3.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:11 pm
I just hope it's not gonna be a Resident Evil in a Nutshell type of game. I mean, yeah, it says cutscenes, but will they be as elaborate as the ones in the actual titles? I can believe them doing a good job on the backgrounds, characters, monsters, etc. But it really sounds like a cheaply scrapped together game. Production wise, I mean. I'm sure the gameplay is gonna be very interesting, but I'm very skeptical on the narrative and the voice acting aspect of this game. It just seems like something that Capcom's gonna throw together, like Dead Aim, (Though I did enjoy it, it didn't have half the production value of the other RE games), with a bunch of continuity errors. I mean, we'll see, but I'm skeptical.

Not to mention it could very well disprove my book, and thereby, making me revise it again for the 4th time. But that's my own beef.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:02 pm
I can't wait to see this in action. Jill with a grenade launcher with the RE4 camera? Hoo-hah! biggrin Sounds like a ton of fun. :O Knowing Capcom, and them most likely hearing the populace wanting a remake of the other games besides REmake, this will turn out to be a fine title. I'm sure they'll find good voice actors for it, like in RE0 and REmake. In my opinion, of course. Survival horror is going to make its return! >D Ammo conservation returns! Woo! xd Bio's skeptical, I'm optimistic. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:33 pm
XDXDXDXDXDXDXD Fangasm attack  

Omega_Ion_Tangora

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:40 pm
Okay, to be honest, I'm HOPING it's gonna suck. Not because I hate Nintendo. Because I hate the idea that if it turns out really good, I either have to spend $400 extra dollars AFTER buying my PS3... That, or miss out on a great RE title. Damn it, I'm just not that wealthy!  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:44 pm
Yes, that's why I don't ask about the games off of the Playstation console...... they end up as heart breakers.......  

[~.Kami.Kaze.~]

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:45 pm
I'm going to do everything I can to get the money for both. I want RE5 and RE: UC. Very badly. Like, heart achingly. I can't choose which one first, though. D:  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:13 pm
I could care less about the graphics, I hope the game is more focused on Umbrella than the indepth story of each chapter. I'm going to guess this will be shipped before RE5 or sometime close to it.  

MM-212 Beta
Captain

[~.Kami.Kaze.~]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:26 pm
Not like most of us won't try to complete each game in one sitting anyways. >.>  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:40 pm
All we saw were the backgrounds of the mansion. No characters. Is this game gonna be in first person? Because that would completely suck.
For all we know, Capcom made the characters have big heads. I mean, that's what every other Wii game did.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:56 pm
MM-212 Beta
Gameplay will focus on RE4 control style.
Silly goose! xd  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:27 pm
Canas Renvall
MM-212 Beta
Gameplay will focus on RE4 control style.
Silly goose! xd
The only difference between RE4 and a First Person Shooter is that in RE4 you can actually see the BACK of the character.  

Biohazard EXTREME

[~.Kami.Kaze.~]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:53 pm
First person sucks......... In Derge the demo parts I played at a game store, half the time Vincent's damn head took up more than half the screen.
Quite frankly I liked the RE4 style POV, not too much character occupied the screen so it was still easy to pick off the Ganados.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 67 68 69 70 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff