Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Next World Power Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 1:20 pm
You know how right now USA is all great and powerful, do you think that's gonna change and China is going to become the next world power?  
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 1:26 pm
t0shi0
You know how right now USA is all great and powerful, do you think that's gonna change and China is going to become the next world power?

Of course USA would fall, here's an article for you my dear 3nodding

The Eagle Has Crash Landed

quoting the pararaph:
Quote:
Pax Americana is over. Challenges from Vietnam and the Balkans to the Middle East and September 11 have revealed the limits of American supremacy. Will the United States learn to fade quietly, or will U.S. conservatives resist and thereby transform a gradual decline into a rapid and dangerous fall?

A few excerpts:

Quote:
Undoubtedly, the military remains the United States strongest card; in fact, it is the only card. Today, the United States wields the most formidable military apparatus in the world... ...Bear in mind that of the three serious wars the U.S. military has fought since 1945 (Korea, Vietnam, and the Gulf War), one ended in defeat and two in draws Saddam Hussein?s army is not that of the Taliban, and his internal military control is far more coherent. A U.S. invasion ... would likely suffer significant casualties... The United States may twist the arms of regimes in the region, but popular sentiment clearly views the whole affair as reflecting a deep anti-Arab bias in the United States. Can such a conflict be won? The British General Staff has apparently already informed Prime Minister Tony Blair that it does not believe so.

Quote:
This contrast embodies the oldest story in the history of hegemonic powers. The dominant power concentrates (to its detriment) on the military; the candidate for successor concentrates on the economy. The latter has always paid off, handsomely. It did for the United States. Why should it not pay off for Japan as well, perhaps in alliance with China?

etc etc.

Quite an interesting article, read it when you have time 3nodding Very educational.

Note this is written in 2002, pre-Iraqi war. however the predictions are quite accurate.

P.S. you have 2 kiki kitties, I'm stalking you whee  

Cat-Whiskers

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 1:40 pm
I'm pretty sure it will change.
With the Arabs in the usa, they are having issues with the CIA. This one girl I know she is Egyptian and sometimes she doesn't get mail for a week and then suddenly a bunch arrives the next week with postmarks from the previous week. It helps deepen the issue of anti-Americanism in other countries with the way Arabs are being treated here.

The United States relies on oil too much, especially foreign oil and that will be the real downfall. If you've noticed the increase in gas cost and how prices have inflated a bit. If the middle east and other nations that supplied oil to the USA stopped than of course the USA would have a harder time because Alaska can't produce enough of it to keep the economy alive.

China could become a world power due to its man power and how the eastern part of the country still has resources that haven't been touched yet so that will help them rely less on foreign oil.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 3:08 pm
Cat-Whiskers

P.S. you have 2 kiki kitties, I'm stalking you whee

Off Topic:
Aaah! Stalker! gonk
On Topic:
If the Chinese become world power, I'm glad I'm Chinese xD

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

Fates Toy

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 3:14 pm
Does this mean there will be another war?  
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 4:30 pm
iceion42

gonk WAR???  

[Pink Lady]

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 5:39 pm
the demon gurl
iceion42

gonk WAR???

Nooo! I hate wars! *runs off to build a bomb shelter*  
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 1:59 am
t0shi0
the demon gurl
iceion42

gonk WAR???

I doubt bomb shelters will save us should China and USA go to war. (Lol MAD.) xp  

Minielf

XShadowMistressX

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 1:41 pm
Hehe...my friend Andrea and I were talking about Darwinism and Survival of the fittest and we came up with this:

Asians are going to take over the world. We are the ones scoring highest on the ACT/SAT tests and getting into good colleges and med school. Then proceeding to lead nice successful lives. Then incorporating Darwin's Survival of the Fittest, there's the whole idea of competing with the other species (in this case species refers to non-asians) and since we obviously beat them out, eventually, we're just going to take over entirely. stare

Riiiight. eek  
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Minielf
t0shi0
the demon gurl
iceion42

gonk WAR???

I doubt bomb shelters will save us should China and USA go to war. (Lol MAD.) xp

Bush is gonna kill us all gonk  

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

Niphredil Ithilmir

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:45 am
China is getting there... although we do need to sort a few things out first.. like the whole corrupt government thing rolleyes  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:51 am
If somehow, China engages in a war with the US, it certainly means that the US has some righteous thinking against China. If that happens, how do you think the rest of the world will treat Chinese people? I'm sure some negative incidents will happen. And if China became the world's new most powerful nation, there will always be others who speculate China's integrity.

...Ah well....Something that won't happen until decades later.

wiim
Crew

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:12 pm
wiim

Yea, and you might not live to see it (no offense), but I will. gonk
Oh the irony of being young.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:14 am
t0shi0
wiim

lol surprised Ouch!  

wiim
Crew

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100

yalie5

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:28 pm
wiim
t0shi0
wiim

lol surprised Ouch!

lol yeah wiim she's got you there... but with her violence streak the government might put her on death row lol jkz  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff