Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Life Issues
how do I get my parents to accept me? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TinkerBellsHell

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:37 pm
Ok so they hate me wearing
1.eyeliner so I have to sneak it all the time.
2.girl pants i have to sneak them too
and they hate like all my music but that is natural, I just need some advice to getting them to accept the eyeliner and girl pants
any advice?
do i keep sneaking it or tell them the truth?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:42 pm
Well. i can't really help you sorry!
But maybe you could make a deal with them
Like with my parents it's Keep my grades up or no more make up or going to hot topic till i get my grades back to A's
Maybe that might work..
Cus some parents accept it, some don't.
It's their mind. we can't change it(though we wish we could)

Thida Fxcking Tragedy++

ur_code_name_is_milo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:24 am
i'd say be upfront like i can be and just say 'your not wearing it so dont comment'.
but my parents can be push overs, i'd just keep it quite tbh  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:07 am
Dude, that sounds like me less than a year ago.

All I can say is, the fact that I have a grandmother who's accepting and a grandfather who prefers not to create conflicts over petty things has led me to be able to wear makeup and girl clothes without having to hide it.

Yeah, I said girl clothes, not just pants. I figure I should go with the whole kit-n'-kaboodle. Why, I'm wearing a girl's jacket right now.

-Isel-

xX-_riku_-Xx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:58 am
mydad just hates me all to gether mostly about the eyeliner but when my girlfriends over i fit into her pants so i say she made me wear it  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:06 pm
My parents refuse to let me get any piercings, where any make up, die my hair, or paint my nails black. It's not that they don't except you, it's more like they don't except how culture has changed. Remember, when your parents were children, make up on guys was queer, as in un mentioned,. It was strongly frowned upon. They just don't under stand the evolution of culture.  

Vlair Nitefell

LaFoule

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:04 pm
well some parents ( like mine) are keen to make you unhappy as they hate any kind of evolution... in this case culture has evolved to many things which they can't understand and /or know about.

I think that's just pathetic from them as my parents, specially my father, was kinda hippie (LOL yes he was and i laughed so much). They just canĀ“t accepot that you are beggining to change in a way or two but things have changed...

maybe you should talk with your parents...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:54 pm
heart dont let ur parents get you down. sometimes they just dont understand your independence... but dont stop being the real you! heart  

MISSmommysLITTLEmonster

-Isel-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:16 am
Vlair Nitefell
Remember, when your parents were children, make up on guys was queer,

And you know, back then, David Bowie and Queen were cool.

CONTRADICTION?! Unheard of!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:31 pm
Isel
Vlair Nitefell

Hahaa.
Isel Wins.
But Vlair also has his points, too, I guess.

SARSSS

1,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:37 pm
+ roffle!face
Isel
Vlair Nitefell

Hahaa.
Isel Wins.

And even when Queen and Bowie weren't cool, Def leppard, Twisted Sister and Van Halen were cool, so that should cover any bases for wearing tight pants and t-shirts.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:42 pm
Rellik San
+ roffle!face
Isel
Vlair Nitefell

Hahaa.
Isel Wins.

And even when Queen and Bowie weren't cool, Def leppard, Twisted Sister and Van Halen were cool, so that should cover any bases for wearing tight pants and t-shirts.

David Bowie had been cool up until like... neverending, he's still cool with the folks, and Queen was cool throughout the 80's.

I was picking on the "makeup on guys" factor, primarily with David Bowie and his androgynity, and with Queen and their... housewife photo shoot. It's in one of their greatest hits albums.

That, and Freddie Mercury was kinda... gay. Like for real real, not for play play.

We can also name all hair metal bands, we can name Kurt Cobain, Rick James, and any male celebrity between 1964 and 2006 who wore makeup.

-Isel-

tastexofxink2516

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:33 pm
Thats just how some parents are, I think they wan't to protect you more that hurt you. They are just looking out for what they think is best. My parents luckily except how I want to dress, act, look, and what music I listen to. My mother in fact even rocks out in the car with me and knows every word to almost every Disturbed song. heart You know it's just some parents are diffrent from others and you just have to talk to your mom and dad and tell them, thats what makes you happy and that they should just except that and love you for who you are, not what you wear. I can't really help since I'm not in the same situation as you, but I have friends who are and I kind of know what your going through. Good luck with you parents.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:39 am
im not saying you should stop what you do to please your parents, but if you do want them to accept you, heres some advice

go halfway with them, tone down you look just a little, go easy on the eyeliner, and rotate the pants you wear with guys pants.

cuz it really doesnt matter what clothes you wear or how you look, the big thing is how you act. your apperance doesnt make a big difference in who you are, it just acts as a sheild of protection between you and the world.  

ycorpse

rin08

Demonic Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:39 am
well,my mom yells at me for even wanting eye liner and she hate me going into hot topic or what she calls "the devil's place" but that's my life
I usually just tell her that it's who i am and want to be since she think that i'm a reflection of herself
it suck sometime since she's always going to that ae store and my sis love it there so she buys for both of us.  
Life Issues

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff