Reply ----::::The FISH Tank::::----
On Vacation... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

supercoolbandgeek

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 6:06 pm
Any stories of what you've found in your tank after a vacation? Or just some general advice on the topic to others?

-When I got back from vacation one time, there was a mass of snails around the feeder thing, and (as far as I could tell) a parasite thing. (i haven't seen it since--- i put stuff in the water). Later on, though, when I was cleaning out the filter, there was a slug thing. Pretty gross. I squashed it. (also haven't seen another one of them).  
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 8:59 pm
hm...I have not really gone on too many vacations, dont know what all happened then, but I came back from a day out to find that my Ram is attacking my betta....I think my Ram is sexist or something cause it is a female and beats up in my male swordtail and betta.. xp  

SquishyAngeh
Crew

Majah
Captain

Blessed Seeker

5,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 9:09 pm
Whenever I go out on a trip, I always loose a fish or two when I get back. The worse was the most recent one... crying  
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 9:16 pm
I know, I feel so bad for you, is it getting better yet or are you still loosing them sad  

SquishyAngeh
Crew

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 10:35 pm
Let someone take care of them iff you are gonna leva for 2 weeks or more or they will all be death when yu come  
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 9:49 am
yeah, I myself wanna go on a vacation but I dont know if I can fully trust those vacation food thingies.....and since I have enough fish I might have to get 2 of those things  

SquishyAngeh
Crew

thrivis

Bashful Cultist

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 10:23 am
I haven't really gone on a vacation with too much incident... I've been gone for the weekend quite a few times without any of my fish suffering.

I did go on vacation for a week once, and I had my mom take care of my fish... And the only fish that died was one I knew was having health issues for a while before. I figured he'd pass away sooner or later. Just happened to be when I wasn't there to take care of him. sad

I've wondered about those vacation food thing too... I don't know anyone who has used them, so I don't know if they work well or not... Has anyone here used them?  
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 4:25 pm
i've used the vacation food things. we were only gone for a week, though, so it wasn't that bad. I'm not sure how much of the food my fish actually got, though, because when I came back there was a mass of snails eating it. bottom line- if you don't have snails and it's only a week, go ahead. i'll be gone for a few weeks over july 4th, and i'm going to ask a neighbor to take care of the fish for me.  

supercoolbandgeek

Kansai_Gal

Aged Browser

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 11:15 am
Solid green alage bloom.

Me: What did you do to my tank?
Mom: Nothing!
Me: Did you turn of the light?
Mom: No!

crying  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:42 am
Kansai_Gal
Solid green alage bloom.

Me: What did you do to my tank?
Mom: Nothing!
Me: Did you turn of the light?
Mom: No!

crying

Lolz! lol  

Majah
Captain

Blessed Seeker

5,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

supercoolbandgeek

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:50 am
Yeah... I just got back from a 10 day vacation. The feeder block worked fine. All my fish are alive and well... except that one has completely vanished. It was my male Platty, and it's nowhere to be found. It's weird.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:54 pm
your fish vanished? Wierd......maybe you should either look compleatly around your tank....or question any other pets you have that might be fishing behind your back, cats are very good at it, we had a cat once who drank from our tanks and we caught him drinking the fish...I dont think he ment to eat them but he did not exactly spit them out either sweatdrop  

Thanks_For_All_The_Fish

supercoolbandgeek

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:26 am
The thing is that I don't have any other pets, and I checked as best i could around the tank. I'm beginning to suspect that the other fish ate him or something like that.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:43 pm
I went on vacation for like 3 days last week, and I did have a vacation feeder in there, but when I came back they were all thin and nerotic looking, it did not look like they even ate anything  

Thanks_For_All_The_Fish

Sugar Slave

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:46 pm
I have used the feeders with no problem but I am now useing a timed feeder so that I don't have to worry about it. This vactaion I had no dead fish but alot of babies on my return home.  
----::::The FISH Tank::::----

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff