Welcome to Gaia! ::

Numenore - A LOTR Community

Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Mittalmar - Original Archives
-Lord of the Rings Subforum Protection Force- Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gussumaru Kenji

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:37 pm
The Lord of the Rings Subforum Protection Force
(LSPF)
User Image
Mae Govanannen mellons nin. Well I have finally launched it as promised, now to explain exactly what you have joined, why this organization exsists.
Our Subforum is a place for those of us whom love the works of JRR Tolkien to talk about Arda, Tolkien, and talk with others who at least seem to have a similar mind set. Yet since this subforum was created (and it worsened grealty in just the past few weeks) there have been certin bakas who see fit to contaminate our subforum with there stupidy. Now I'm not saying that we do nothing about I just saying we are not as efficient as we could be.
We can't just sit around and wait for Vendi to take care of everything, she's probaly got a lot of other stuff to worry about, and our induvial attacks are almost usless.
To introduce my idea I start with a lame metaphor, ok think of it like this (or not) say a lion is hunting, alone it can not bring down its prey, but when they work as a group they can. My idea is that if we work to together, if we are organized it may help a little bit, I know its a longshot, but its still a shot to clean up our subforum! You see if I've noticed one thing about these illiterates its that they run when confronted by one, if us as an organized group confronted them they might leave for good, some just won't leave like that idoit worthlessshadow.
I think if we talk in a group about the biggest problems and maybe find ways to put a stop to them we could be doing some good, so there is the basic idea.
My biggeset issue. Those really stupid threads that should be dead but people keep posting in them, keep them alive, sometime it is us who is guilty of this even. I know Vendi locks them but only every few months maybe we could stop them before they become a problem.
What so you guys think? What annoys you?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:38 pm
The List
1. immortal dumbass threads
2. repeat threads
3. necroing
4. actor related threads
5. idioitic movie threads
I'll stop here for now.

Gussumaru Kenji

ChewySkywalker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:14 pm
Thank you for getting this up! It would be a miracle if I could just blow people up. Probaby the biggest issue is when people make repeat threads or ask a question and it gets answered fourty million times and I end up having to bother one of the mods to lock it. I hate havignt o bother them. A good Ex woudl be the how was sauron killed thread. I gave a sufficient answer and yet people didn't read it until there were abotu two copies of the answer on each page and I put them in gigantic font. That is probably the biggest thing that annoys me.
The only solution I can come up with for the repeat threads would be a directory of all threads that are already made and if they die, on what date they do die. I wouldn't mind keeping track of it and make the posts etc.
On the questions topic. I believe it was Edhellos who made the thread( I'm sorry if it's not. I really can't rememebr at the moment) that peopel could ask questions in, but it died very quickly. That should have become a stickie.
XD And I just solved the problems I had. Oh and please try and create on-topic discussions.If I have to, I will make a bunch of stupid on topic threads just to generate some type of on topic discussion because so many people have been driven away from the subforum.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:18 pm
So dearly I wish we could just blow people up. Anway I think we should start by making a list of the main problems.  

Gussumaru Kenji

Slacktopian

Girl-Crazy Smoker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:23 pm
Ooh, can I join? I love driving away idiots from the forum. I've been doing it since the original banner parades. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:25 pm
Nienna of the Valar is now a member of the LSPF.  

Gussumaru Kenji

ChewySkywalker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:32 pm
Nienna of the Valar
Ooh, can I join? I love driving away idiots from the forum. I've been doing it since the original banner parades. 3nodding

And don't we love those banners!

Gussu, add spam  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:33 pm
Mmm...banner parades... I think I still have mine.

*goes to find*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v115/Zurgiea/goblinbanner.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v115/Zurgiea/numenoreanbanner.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v115/Zurgiea/eaglebanner.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v115/Zurgiea/flyingbalrog.png

And my personal favourite...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v115/Zurgiea/bakshibalrog.png

Edit: Too many images, changed to links.  

Zurgi

Gussumaru Kenji

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:40 pm
Too bad those don't work anymore. The illiterates can't even read that much now. I swear they are getting dumber and dumber.
Spam? Isn't that what the Green Dragon is for?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:43 pm
Here is my arsenal. 3nodding These are for:

People who don't read the stickies
People in the wrong forum
People who necro threads
Repeat threads
Things that belong in the Chatterbox
Idiots  

Slacktopian

Girl-Crazy Smoker

Glorfirith Annun
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:20 pm
*struts in wearing a Glorfy style Nazi outfit*

Oh hell yeah! The Nazi is in the house...

[/lame]

I do think this is a good idea. Dunno how well it will work though.

I tend to sit down with Vendie on random evenings (lately, far too often) and I give her links and reasons to threads. It's so sad the amount of stuff she's not allowed to get rid of cry  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:56 am
I hate the times when I visit the subforum to find it looking like a minefield. Maily it's the necro-ing and posting of Non-tolkien topics that irritates me the most. And the blatant non-reading of the stickies. I am incredibly grateful to Vendie, and Glorfy for putting so much time in to trying to maintain a repeatedly molested forum.

Just out of curiosity, what kinds of stuff aren't you allowed to get rid of?  

PearlZenith

Bluering Bearer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:15 am
This is a really good idea. Since I joined Numenore and LFGG I go no more to the subforum and if I ever return to it I'm sure I'll run away. How many "Book VS film" or "Aragon VS Legalas" are there ? and I can't stand arrogant people who come in the subforum just to criticize LOTR or to say ask me questions I know everything cuz I've seen the three movies !!!...
Still I don't think I will join...I'm not sure that I understand all...(forgive the little frenchie)  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:47 am
Chewy, it wasn't me, it was Alfirin IV.

I would also like to know what threads she is not allowed to get rid of.
Do not sign me up, though.  

Edhellos

ChewySkywalker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:02 pm
edhellos
Chewy, it wasn't me, it was Alfirin IV.

I would also like to know what threads she is not allowed to get rid of.
Do not sign me up, though.

Thanks Edhellos! ( I have no clue why I remember you making it)

I know she can't get rid of archived threads until the bug goes away(if it ever goes away). I forgot what else though.  
Mittalmar - Original Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff