Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Writing Contests/Games
Hawk's NaNoWriMo Challenge Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackHawkGS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:10 pm
Updated Oct. 29th: Added some people to participants.

Bet you can't do it. No, really. Bet you can't finish 50,000 words... IN A MONTH! eek

Alright, so I've seen all the threads out there. About trying to get as many people to participate in this fun event as possible. So, I decided to make a contest for our own guild! I think it'd benefit a lot of you out there that tend to begin writing about a novel, but forget half-way through.

For those that don't know what NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writer's Month) is, then go here: www.nanowrimo.org

Basically, it's a challenge to see if you can write an entire 50,000 word novel in a month. It begins Nov. 1 and ends Nov.30. You get to enter in whatever genre you want; but getting all the way to 50,000 is the hard part!

Let's get to the fun stuff!!

Rules and Entry:

- Must have an account set up on the NaNoWriMo homepage. It's simple to do, and the little profile thing you get is pretty cool. It'll help me keep track of all you contestants.

- Cannot begin writing till Nov. 1st. Just use honesty here. I think I can trust all of you to follow this. But yes, you can start brainstorming ideas and plots right now. You just can't start writing.

To sign up, simply reply in this thread with the following information:

Gaia Name:
NaNoWriMo Name:
Book Title:
Book Genre:

Prizes!:

The fun part! Ok, so you're all wondering what you'll get, eh? Well, if you complete THE ENTIRE THING (meaning, you get exactly 50,000 words or more) then you'll be awarded with...

eek A November/December Donation Letter. eek

You get to choose. No joke. I'll give one to every single person who completes the contest. And considering I'm not requiring you to give a sign-up fee, that's pretty good.

Participants:

Gaia Name: psy_annie
NaNoWriMo Name: Ms. Carmody
Book Title: Painting by Numbers (title due to change because of my fickle, fickle mind)
Book Genre: Chick Lit

Gaia Name:lidless_i
NaNoWriMo Name:lidless_i
Book Title:On the Division of Good and Evil (working title)
Book Genre:Fantasy/Horror

Gaia Name: [ In Nomine Satanas ]
NaNoWriMo Name: h.u.g.i.n.n.
Book Title: Aeternum Vale
Book Genre: Fantasy

Gaia Name: broken_91
NaNoWriMo Name: writers_block19
Book Title: ...err we need a title at this point?
Book Genre: ...workin' on that one too. I think I'm going to do Realism [I can never determine between fiction and non-fiction]. Its going to be completely realistic, but not actually a true story. So whatever you want to classify that as.

Gaia Name: Gomenroia
NaNoWriMo Name: Bantiarna un Ghaire
Book Title: Unsure at this point
Book Genre: Fantasy... unless it turns into Sci-fi... but ya... Fantasy

Gaia Name: Kirbyvictorious
Nanowrimo Name: KirbyVictorious (I'm a one-title girl, ya know?)
Book Title: Calstra
Book Genre: Fantasy

Gaia Name: Spastic waffles
NaNoWriMo Name: Write vivo
Book Title: Christine
Book Genre: Other

Gaia Name: VirginSnake
NaNoWriMo Name: Virgin Snake
Book Title: unknown
Book Genre: Fantasy/Fiction

Gaia Name: Oukow
NaNoWriMo Name: Altoid A Enchanment
Book Title: Dunno
Book Genre: maybe non fiction.....I dunno.... >.>;;

Gaia Name: Kattie
NaNoWriMo Name: Kattie
Book Title: I'll think of it later
Book Genre: Undecided

Hurry up and enter! Deadline is next Monday, the 30th.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:19 pm
why do we have to wait?

oh yeah....fairness. *curses fairness*

weeeeeeellllll.........

OKayimin!  

KirbyVictorious

BlackHawkGS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:26 pm
*Points to rules and sign-up section.* Reply with that small form filled-in.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:11 pm
I would try, but I don't have a solid story developed to encompass 50k words. I have a small story that I could turn into maybe... 25k but I don't know how I could double that without turning it entirely cheesy and rambling on with descriptions.  

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

Gomenroia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:04 pm
I'm writing a novel. Now obviously I can't use that... but could I write a sequel to it for this?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:59 pm
Gaia Name: psy_annie
NaNoWriMo Name: Ms. Carmody
Book Title: Painting by Numbers (title due to change because of my fickle, fickle mind)
Book Genre: Chick Lit

psy_annie

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:44 am
Hey, someone help me pleasE? I don't know how to sign up! Every time I sign in, it just goes back to the homepage l;iek I don't exist! Heeeeeelp! crying  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:37 pm
KirbyVictorious
Hey, someone help me pleasE? I don't know how to sign up! Every time I sign in, it just goes back to the homepage l;iek I don't exist! Heeeeeelp! crying

Check in the upper right hand corner to make sure you aren't logged in. Otherwise, you probably need to finish an e-mail verification. Not sure though... there should be a help section for it.

@ Gomenoroia: Of course! As long as you haven't written any of the sequel yet, then you can submit it.

@ Satanas Haha, ya, it's going to be hard. Getting all the way there is half the challenge. Maybe brainstorm some other ideas...? I'm using an idea for a book I formulated back in the 5th grade (literally) so it's not all that serious.  

BlackHawkGS

lidless_i

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:18 pm
Gaia Name:lidless_i
NaNoWriMo Name:lidless_i
Book Title:On the Division of Good and Evil (working title)
Book Genre:Fantasy/Horror  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:31 pm
Book Genre: ...workin' on that one too. I think I'm going to do Realism [I can never determine between fiction and non-fiction]. Its going to be completely realistic, but not actually a true story. So whatever you want to classify that as. mrgreen

broken_91

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:37 pm
Gaia Name: [ In Nomine Satanas ]
NaNoWriMo Name: h.u.g.i.n.n.
Book Title:Legion (subject to change)
Book Genre: Horror

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:41 pm
broken_91
Book Genre: ...workin' on that one too. I think I'm going to do Realism [I can never determine between fiction and non-fiction]. Its going to be completely realistic, but not actually a true story. So whatever you want to classify that as. mrgreen

No, you don't really need a title. Just a little something for fun.  

BlackHawkGS

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:44 pm
I found a brilliant way to take up loads of space... I'm going to have a serial killer. Several chapters (probably about 16) will be just for victims, and with about 6-8 pages per vic. Then the rest of the chapters for the detectives and the killer's thoughts, I can easily encompass a novel... Now for the nitty gritty.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:12 pm
Again with everyone using the serial killers... haha, but it sounds good! I'd actually love to read some other stories, though I'd probably have to wait till next summer to get the chance sweatdrop (so much stuff going on lately...)

And I just remembered I'm going to be in NYC for a week in Nov. With no comp access! eek I'll have to write like hell for these first few weeks...

Anyhow, I'm adding everyone to my NaNoWriMo friend's list thing. This is how I'll be keeping track of how everyone's doing (so make sure to keep that updated!)  

BlackHawkGS

Gomenroia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:33 pm
Gaia Name: Gomenroia
NaNoWriMo Name: Bantiarna un Ghaire
Book Title: Unsure at this point
Book Genre: Fantasy... unless it turns into Sci-fi... but ya... Fantasy

Would also like to mention how TOTALLY pumped I am all of a sudden!  
Writing Contests/Games

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff