Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
NaNoWriMo 2k6 My Idea Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which Is Better?
  Legion
  Aetunum Vale
View Results

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:31 pm
LEGION: (Title subject to change)

Another day, another murder. Another mutliated corpse, another god damn defeat. No leads. No suspects. No witnesses. We're outsmarted, every possible angle covered as if by some omniscient, omnipresent, all powerful God of death and destruction. Like Legion before him, he seems to be many and yet none.

"I smoke the days last cigarette, remembering what she said..."

The song plays on but those words echo through my brain, trapped like the last dying screams in an empty cavern.

OR?

Aeturnum Vale

It is a dark time indeed, Baldr's death so tragic and yet we all knew it was but a matter of time. It was foretold, but even I didn't want to believe it. Baldr's death, along with the birth of those monstrosities - the parasitic vermin from that damned Loki's loins - we all knew it was coming. Loki, the author of woes, tricked Hod, Baldr's brother, and the foolishness of the blind prevailed. With a twig of mistletoe, Loki successfully broke the last boundary. Fimbulwinter was upon us, and it was but a matter of time until things got worse. Mani and Sol fought for their lives every day, only barely inching away from the persecutors. How long before they were to be taken? Damn him. Loki had done plenty to ******** us over, but this was unthinkable. Damned jealousy.

Every now and then, we can hear his screams... the bitter and wretched screams. Sigyn could only sit so long before she had to empty the bowl that caught the poison of his punishment, and in those few horrified seconds, the earth itself rumbled with Loki's pain. It served him right. That b*****d. I was there the day his son was turned into a wolf and visciously attacked his brother. The eidolic screams as brother literally ate brother, it was almost unbearable... But I never looked away. I had met Baldr once, and never before had I been so inspired. His beauty was remarkable, and nothing short of magnificent. When we parted, he called me friend, and since then I was happy again... It had been so long since I was last truly happy... Not since that winter oh so long ago...

I had returned from a day of hunting... I was a finely skilled marksman, and even better with a sword, MY sword, which was named Laevatnir. I was looking for my wife, Varandi, to show off the boar I had killed. It would make for some fine supper for a few days. I layed the boar outside, for as cold as it was, it was fine from insects or anything that might otherwise try to infect my kill. I opened the door and stepped inside lovingly awaiting the warm fire to heat my frozen fingers. Glancing about, I noticed the room in disarray, and then I noticed the blood on the floor....

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:38 pm
O.o?

Sweeeeet.  

KirbyVictorious

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:39 pm
KirbyVictorious
O.o?

Sweeeeet.

Thanks... I figure my novel may be like 70% word vomit but damnit it will at least seem pretty damn cool in parts!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:40 pm
Word vomit... lmao!!!

I'll have to remember that when I start mine.  

Gomenroia

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:33 pm
Gomenroia
Word vomit... lmao!!!

I'll have to remember that when I start mine.

Thanks, it's a favorite saying of mine... what do you think of the excerpt though?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:37 pm
word vomit.....ick.

I, um, eat my words.  

KirbyVictorious

Gomenroia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:38 pm
Topics like this I need to read more of. I WILL read more when it's ready and if you don't mind posting it... but... ya. Mindless slaughter as a topic of a novel isn't my thing. usually... there was this one romance novel...  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:43 pm
ewwwwww. *shuddersasshethinksof The Notebook* Romance novels.

Um, mindless slaughter is kind of....in....my book...to....ehehe....

*runs away*  

KirbyVictorious

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:44 pm
KirbyVictorious
ewwwwww. *shuddersasshethinksof The Notebook* Romance novels.

Um, mindless slaughter is kind of....in....my book...to....ehehe....

*runs away*

lol what? I'm confuzzled.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:44 pm
Ya... but that's not the main theme.

Which is why this romance novel was passable... there was romance and the mindless slaughter as a double theme.  

Gomenroia

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:51 pm
The Notebook was the gushiest book I ever read....ewwwwwwwww. *shivershudder* And to think, it was written by a MAN! Well, all the sex in it kinda proves it, but there I go again, beign sexist.

Romance AND mindless slaughter? Sounds like some kind of video game especially for bored college guys...NO, BAD KIRBY!

sooorry.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:53 pm
Lol... the murderer was out to get the girl in the murderous kind of way... and the romance was between her and the detective solving the case... Actually not too bad considering that it was a romance novel.  

Gomenroia

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:19 pm

sounds like my book without the goodv.evil overtones and the slight Christian undertone that I never even knew was ther.....huh.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:23 pm
lol

Sadly.... my romance novels ARE my romance life...

*stabs all the stupid pathetic boys in this town*  

Gomenroia

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:26 pm
...this has gotten seriously off topic, and I'm at completely confused... still. How did we get on the subject of Romance novels -> Murder/Romance books?  
Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff