Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
I hope... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wooo!
  Poll!
View Results

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:24 am
...that they make another movie. The Restaurant at the End of the Universe. That would rock out loud. Except... at the end of the first movie Marvin says "The Restaurant is at the other end of the Universe" so... I don't know if it would work, unless they just kind of pretend he never said that... xd  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:07 pm
I dunno though...it would be pretty cool, the only problem is that one of the reasons (I think) the first one was so cool, is because DNA had a hand in writing it, but he obviously can't work on the next one crying and I'm worried about how someone else would adapt it...  

phlipp

Geoff_S

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:43 pm
I actually think that the main problems I had with the first movie had to do with DNA writing it. Not that he did a bad job, it's just that when Karey Kirkpatrick took over and finished the script once Adams died they left in things that Adams must've started but didn't finish, like Humma Kavula. Humma just seems completely dropped after his one scene in the movie and I think this is because Adams died before finishing the screenplay and Kirkpatrcik just left it that way instead of finishing it.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:14 pm
Hmm, maybe. I wish they hadn't started the whole Trillian and Arthur romance, though (BLECH.) I mean, if they're going to make two, they might as well make them all. But if theres Trill and Arthur, what about Fenchurch?

mostly harmless spoiler (highlight to read)
...RANDOM MIGHT BE SOME SORT OF HAPPY CHILD WHO IS ALL "I WUV MY PAWENTS THO MUCH!"  

TL-chan

phlipp

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:25 pm
rofl to the spoiler  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:49 pm
Or, worse. They might use some sort of fashionable, vapid teen actress for Random. If they do get that far, she has to be some sort of nobody.  

Lullabee

Timid Elocutionist

Daska

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:57 am
I really don't think they will make The Resturant At The End of The Universe into a movie, because I really don't think The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy did very well. The fans of course liked it, and we were probably about the only people who did, and even understood what the hell was going on it in. It's not like they went out of their way to explain any of their jokes. Plus the actor who played Ford killed the character.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:43 am
Lullabee
Or, worse. They might use some sort of fashionable, vapid teen actress for Random. If they do get that far, she has to be some sort of nobody.

Oh god! Anything but that!! gonk

Daska
Plus the actor who played Ford killed the character.

AGREED.  

TL-chan

mcm

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:17 pm
I vaguely remember something about him writing some stuff for an adaption of the second one. It was in the forward of the green book, if anyone gets to it before I do.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:59 pm
Daska
I really don't think they will make The Resturant At The End of The Universe into a movie, because I really don't think The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy did very well. The fans of course liked it, and we were probably about the only people who did, and even understood what the hell was going on it in. It's not like they went out of their way to explain any of their jokes. Plus the actor who played Ford killed the character.

Hey. I happen to think that Mos Def did an excellent job. Jeez.

Racist. XP (Just kidding, of course. I mean... about the racist part. Movie Ford was awesome. eek )  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Lidaby

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:58 pm
Mmm, I didn't really like the movie at all, though the TV series was pretty awesome. If they just stuck to the book, it would have been better (when will they ever learn...) and whoever it was that played ford... didn't suit the role at all. They could have done a lot better with the movie. It was disappointing cry

Maybe it would be better if they just left it as a book and TV series without ruining it.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:37 pm
Freaj
Mmm, I didn't really like the movie at all, though the TV series was pretty awesome. If they just stuck to the book, it would have been better (when will they ever learn...) and whoever it was that played ford... didn't suit the role at all. They could have done a lot better with the movie. It was disappointing cry

Maybe it would be better if they just left it as a book and TV series without ruining it.

Freaj!! The movie was just fine! Of course, it really screwed with a lot of things, and some of it was just weird, but it was good.
I heart Alan Rickman as Marvin!!!
They got that part soooooo right! It's the perfect voice for a maniacally depressed robot!!!!!!!!!!!! blaugh blaugh blaugh blaugh blaugh  

Ceribri

6,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Invisibility 100

Lidaby

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:21 am
Ceribri
Freaj

Freaj!! The movie was just fine! Of course, it really screwed with a lot of things, and some of it was just weird, but it was good.
I heart Alan Rickman as Marvin!!!
They got that part soooooo right! It's the perfect voice for a maniacally depressed robot!!!!!!!!!!!! blaugh blaugh blaugh blaugh blaugh

The movie was good if you hadn't read the books/ watched the series, because I was expecting something... better and different. It was pretty good except for Ford and Zaphod, they could have been better.

Marvin was pretty loveable and depressed, he was kinda cool. Haha, did you see the old marvin and the dalek that they slipped in there when they were on... um... jeez, where were they... queuing for something. I saw them and started pointing it out to everyone around me, till they told me to shut up. Probably didn't even know what a dalek was...  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:55 am
Sorry to say, but last time I checked there wee no plan to put RATOTU into production in the near future. All the actor have signed on (or so I've heard) but no studio has picked up the sequel.

An I love Mos Def as Ford.  

Fezzik999

potoroo99

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:59 pm
i didn't think the film worked very well, it didn't follow the story anyway so it would be difficult to make another.
anyway, it was trying to appeal to american kids, and when it finally got here in england i was dissapointed, it was english enough.  
The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games