Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kage no Gensou; A Yuugiou((Yugioh)) Guild

Back to Guilds

A friendly guild for any and all types of Yuugiou: Duel Monsters fans. 

Tags: Yuugiou, Yugioh, Duel Monsters, Anime, Manga 

Reply General Discussion
least fave yugioh character Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

superwhatever

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:28 pm
who's ur least fave yugioh character well i don't like anzu/tea her friendship speches annoy me  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:06 pm
Same here. I can't stand her. stupid anzu ><  

Masami_Mistress_Of_Fire

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:58 pm
Vivian Wong... 'nough said...  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:18 pm
KitsuneChan8888888
Vivian Wong... 'nough said...

Couldn't agree more. I can't stand her and her "Mary-sueing" ways.  

Ohkami Majin

pixiestixryu

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:01 am
Well, anyone who kidnaps grandpa is OK by me! 3nodding

I think the worst character is espa roba. That little pansy...

Regarding anzu, yeah she's annoying, but so is every other single character when they're dubbed by 4kids. =P  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:41 am
Yeah, I agree. I'm not going to say Anzu is a favorite character, she is way down on my list, really. But I've gotten real sick of Anzu bashing.

I have no problem with disliking a character, or hating them, or whatever. People can feel however they want. But I don't like when in something such as a fanfiction or roleplay that character is brutually warped and made out to be an absolutely horrific person and you can't help but not stand them because they're so terrible, but the character isn't really like that at all. Anzu gets a lot of this, and it's gotten to the point where people are starting to act like it's canon o_O.

Now, I'm not going to stay I don't like the occasional gag comic or something that completely bashes on Anzu and her character. But I like those for Atemu as well, and he's my favorite. sweatdrop

Ohkami Majin

superwhatever

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:56 am
well anyone else gonna post??  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:17 pm
Hmmm... I never really liked Rebecca. I haven't seen her in the Japanese, but in the English she's so stuck up and has an annoying voice. ><  

Chibi Kitsune Warrior
Crew

Precious Treasure

12,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Lady Lunar Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:58 pm
... (Is going to get shot)
Actually I don't like Jounouchi.
And while you get out the stake for my roasting I'll explain... Some rest of the rant is pretty long...

Basically I don't like how he has been able to cheat his way through out the series. And I don't like his inability to care about another person unless he's in a fight.

(In terms of cheating)
If we go by the assumption that a starter deck in the show was the same as in Real Life. I find it hard to believe that Jounouchi would get a starter deck and take out every single card that was magic or trap based and make his original deck full monsters. I don't think he's so stupid as to not realize their importance if they're in the starter deck. However, it looks heavily like Grandpa keeps single cards out all the time that people can buy without going through the process of going through starter packs or booster decks.
Which leaves me to belive that unlike every single other duelist (Excluding Yugi) who would have gone through starter decks and booster cards just to even get 'a' deck. He just had to walk into a store. (Which means he didn't have to spend nearly as much money on cards as anyone Kaiba included would have).
Then there's his rare cards, He doesn't even have to earn Time Wizard it's just handed to him. Just like the star chip to let him into Duelist Kingdom.
Given the nature of DK we're supposed to assume everyone on the island dueling has won tourney's. We know that Peg's wants Yugi so that's excluded. But Jounouchi gets to cheat and not attend a single tourney and gets to go duel with the big boys. (What bothers me more is that he brags about being in the finals of DK but never admits to how someone with absolutely no tourney points could get into it).
Then moving on to Battle City...
I didn't really lothe him until I found out about a cut up ep from the Japanese version.
Now I'm not going to discuss how he got into BC. Because Malik wanted to use him to kill Yugi. (Though his arrogance that he belongs in BC simply because he survived DK annoys me. Then again he's never been targeted by major hitters just regular non magical based duelists but anyways...)
He supposedly went through DK because he wanted his sister to have that surgery. If you've never seen the Japanese version of BC then you miss the ep when he lost Red Eyes. Remember when Shinzuka (Another character I dislike) refuses to have the surgery because Jounouchi isn't there? Then Honda shows back up with him in tow? The part the cut out is that Jounouchi refuses to attend the surgery because he's more upset about losing Red Eyes Black Dragon. Yes people, he's more concerned about a card then his 'supposedly' more important Sister. And Honda had to punch the guy to make him even notice the importance of his own flesh and blood over a card.
They show the other times. Like how when Mai is talking about her personal thoughts he blows her off to look at a poster. BUT! When said actor starts treating Mai like she belongs to him and talking down at Jounouchi he gets upset. Then there's that whole debacle at the semi finales when he talks about his 'dream'. The way he completely disregards Mai's feelings by saying she's not in it. But when she gets put into a coma then suddenly her feels and well being becomes important to him.

(I guess at this point I should point out the difference between Mai and Jounouchi. Up to this point Jounouchi has had his soul sealed in items, dueled in the Shadow Realm and been put into mind control. Unlike Kaiba who doesn't believe in magic Jounouchi is well aware that there is magic. More so he knows magic is heavily involved in BC. If he's such a great caring guy this should have been in the forefront of his thoughts. Unlike Mai who the semi finales were her first experience with magic. And unlike Jounouchi who had the gang with him for most of his experiences' Mai was alone. But he completely forgets. And this is a theme through out his life. He doesn't care that he's hurting Yugi until Yugi gets beat up right in front of him (When they first became friends), he doesn't care that his sister needs him because he lost his Red Eyes (Until Honda beats him), he doesn't care that Mai's not attracted to Magnum, (Until Magnum talks down to him), He doesn't care that about Mai's feelings at all (Until Malik beats her in front of him). )

With Vivian and Rebecca it can be argued that they were merely filler fluff personalities and not important. But Jounouchi, is pure annoyance to me.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:07 pm
Wow... When you talk about it that way, he really sounds like a horrible person. o.o;;  

Chibi Kitsune Warrior
Crew

Precious Treasure

12,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Ohkami Majin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:24 pm
Wow, Lady Lunar Phoenix, you certainly present a great argument. I can't say I agree with everything that you said, but at least you backed up your dislike for legitimate reasons.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:48 pm
Ohkami Majin
Wow, Lady Lunar Phoenix, you certainly present a great argument. I can't say I agree with everything that you said, but at least you backed up your dislike for legitimate reasons.

Oh I know. I know a great deal of his problems come from his dad. But I get so tired of everyone whinning about how they are who they are because of their parents.
But when you think on it, a great deal of his problems comes from years of enabling his dad. With someone like his dad who never has to face what drinking has done to him, it's bound to affect Jounouchi.
Since his dad seems to be under the profile of 'nasty' drinker, someone with a temper, someone who thinks and probably complains that all the bad things in his life are because of someone else... You can see this reflected into Jounouchi.
Because obviously losing his wife and daughter didn't have an effect on daddy dearest. Jounouchi acts in much the same manner, something has to be physically in front of him before he will take notice of it. Again you see an drinkers' abusiveness with how he handled Yugi. All that talk of 'making a man out of Yugi' was probably something his dad put him through.
Yet here he is always talking about wanting to be a true duelist, but he doesn't change aspects of himself that hold him back. Granted he can't beat up on short people anymore without upsetting Yugi, but his behavior off the dueling field is very unprofessional.

Thinking like this came from me trying to figure out Jounouchi during a mental Kaiba rant. Trying to figure out how to get these characters to grow and mature. And the thing that stuck out for me about Jounouchi is that he's never really been forced to face that side of himself. He just thinks if he's a duelist then he doesn't have to deal with his dad, and his dad's influence on him. Dealing with other duelists, and trying to be a duelist afords him the chance to avoid his dad and his own personal problems.
While Kaiba has grown from being a very cold, (Murderous) CEO with no compassion or heart into someone who while cold is kinder hearted, and in his own way looks after Yugi and his group. And while Yugi has grown from being a bully magnet to someone who can stand on his own. Jounouchi has only grown in terms of being a duelist, not a person. Which is something I have to fix in my fic... Which is what led me to my glaring dislike of him in the series.  

Lady Lunar Phoenix

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:04 pm
That's a great argument LLP, and I do agree with quite a bit of it, even though Jounouchi is my favorite character. But really, those reasons you described, are part of the reason I love Jounouchi. He's not some guy who's always caring and selfless. He has tons of flaws which make him a more interesting character. He has caused suffering for quite a few people even though he tries to be "the good guy." He grew up as a gang member and a bully. While he was a little better than other members of Hirutani's gang, by not beating up significantly weaker people, he was still not a good person. Considering that, he has improved quite a bit but of course still isn't perfect. He was cruel to Yuugi and Yuugi was able to show him what friendship and self-sacrifice were. Yes, Jounouchi needed a pretty harsh example of Yuugi getting beat up for him, but at least he was able to accept friendship and change. To me, it feels like this bad attitude, many mistakes, and selfish yet arrogant personality get better as the time line goes on. Like it says at the end of the YUU*GI*OU manga, this story was each character's individual story. Well I think part of Jounouchi's story was himself becoming a better person. Sure, he never became as kind and lover as Yuugi or Anzu, but it's something. And I agree that Jounouchi has pissed me off many times, like when he refused to go see Shizuka in the hospital, told Mai she wasn't in his dream, and then the many occasions he's bragged, but I've learned to get over those times because no one is perfect. (Except for pegasus but we're not going to get into that now...) Even under all his flaws, I've always seen the good heart that Jounouchi so often hides. I feel the same way about Kaiba. He's such an a** but he really is a good person, which is why I love him too. ^^ By the way, all I was trying to say was the reason I like Jounouchi. I'm perfectly fine with you hating him LLP. Oh, and in one thing of defense, when Jounouchi was sitting on the beach, it wasn't exactly because he was so worried about Red Eyes. It was more like he felt like he sucked and wasn't worthy to be there for Shizuka if he couldn't even hold onto his most precious card. Yeah, still pathetic and stupid, but at least it's better than simply being more worried about a card than his sister. Plus, I doubt he realized that she would refuse to get the surgery if he wasn't there. Yay, done with rant. ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:14 pm
Lady Lunar Phoenix
Ohkami Majin

Oh I know. I know a great deal of his problems come from his dad. But I get so tired of everyone whinning about how they are who they are because of their parents.
But when you think on it, a great deal of his problems comes from years of enabling his dad. With someone like his dad who never has to face what drinking has done to him, it's bound to affect Jounouchi.
Since his dad seems to be under the profile of 'nasty' drinker, someone with a temper, someone who thinks and probably complains that all the bad things in his life are because of someone else... You can see this reflected into Jounouchi.
Because obviously losing his wife and daughter didn't have an effect on daddy dearest. Jounouchi acts in much the same manner, something has to be physically in front of him before he will take notice of it. Again you see an drinkers' abusiveness with how he handled Yugi. All that talk of 'making a man out of Yugi' was probably something his dad put him through.
Yet here he is always talking about wanting to be a true duelist, but he doesn't change aspects of himself that hold him back. Granted he can't beat up on short people anymore without upsetting Yugi, but his behavior off the dueling field is very unprofessional.

Thinking like this came from me trying to figure out Jounouchi during a mental Kaiba rant. Trying to figure out how to get these characters to grow and mature. And the thing that stuck out for me about Jounouchi is that he's never really been forced to face that side of himself. He just thinks if he's a duelist then he doesn't have to deal with his dad, and his dad's influence on him. Dealing with other duelists, and trying to be a duelist afords him the chance to avoid his dad and his own personal problems.
While Kaiba has grown from being a very cold, (Murderous) CEO with no compassion or heart into someone who while cold is kinder hearted, and in his own way looks after Yugi and his group. And while Yugi has grown from being a bully magnet to someone who can stand on his own. Jounouchi has only grown in terms of being a duelist, not a person. Which is something I have to fix in my fic... Which is what led me to my glaring dislike of him in the series.

Wow, you have a really good point here! Never thought of it that way, but you're completely right. Still, that doesn't give me any kind of dislike for Jounouchi. To me this just gives the fans more input on Jounouchi's character with our imaginations. That means it's up to us if Jounouchi ends up becoming a better person instead of just a better duelist and getting over his personal problems, and it's also up to us to determine how it happens. I've always loved it when manga, etc. leave it up to the imaginations of the fans to determine important things like that. Actually, I think your rant has made me like Jounouchi more, because now I can look at him as even more flawed than I thought. XD I really don't like it when characters are too perfect and start out all bad and improve in themselves throughout the series so much. Most people don't become better people so easily. It really makes Jounouchi more complex and realistic than most people realize. The majority of people, if they grew up with a drunken father and divorced parents, etc. would have a lot of flaws and wouldn't only require friendship and dueling to get over that. Thank you for this rant of your's because it really gave me more insight into Jounouchi and more interest in his character flaws. Now I just have to leave it to my imagination on how he continues to change after the series. ^^  

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Super String Theory

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:17 pm
Not going to bother getting involved with the Jounouchi arguement. XD

I dislike Insector Haga(Weevel something... I forgot). He's mean and shoddy. >(  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff