Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Life Issues
beginner advice lol Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

halfmike

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:10 pm
i just started cutting for the first time but only my sister knows, i need help covering it up, do the scars ever go away, and how do you hide them?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:15 pm
Ok ok... don't dare ask 'how to cover it up' Stop it now, and find a more constructive way to get your emotions out.  

Rellik San
Captain

halfmike

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:51 pm
what if i have? you cant just judge me based on steriotypes of all emo kids that pose the question... i wanted some advice but damn...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:54 pm
First off... where do you cut?  

..Neko.Aimi..

halfmike

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:08 pm
uhh a little abouve the middle of the forearm i think  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:15 pm
well then... You'll have to wear long sleeves... thats how I hide my cuts.... The scares will fade... they might never go away completely but they will fade. I've been cutting for over 2 years... most of my old scares have faded.... but if I look closely I can still see them.  

..Neko.Aimi..

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:26 pm
halfmike
what if i have? you cant just judge me based on steriotypes of all emo kids that pose the question... i wanted some advice but damn...

I'm not, I'm telling you to stop before you become the stereotype.

Trust me, if you can't find constructive ways, theres always destructive like, beating the crap out od planks of wood and so forth.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:28 pm
Rellik San
halfmike

Trust me, if you can't find constructive ways, theres always destructive like, beating the crap out od planks of wood and so forth.
Hey... sometimes cutting is the only thing that helps... I know for me it was the only way I felt like I had any control. Please try to understand and not be mean.  

..Neko.Aimi..

halfmike

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:49 pm
i am sorry and i wont do it again, i just need some help right now... i need to hide it so i can never do it again.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:59 pm
I know how you feel... I really do... I want to stop cutting... but after a while you kinda get adicted to it. Stop while you can, kay? Cause if you don't stop now I garentee it will just get harder and harder to stop.  

..Neko.Aimi..

aikoislost

4,800 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:16 am
thats why it has been a precautionary measure for daring emotional people to slitting and cutting themselves to 'relieve the pain'.

yeah,i think you should advise yourself on what she said.It could be really addictive yet dangerous so think about it first before you really do the thing.Like rellik san said,there are other ways of letting those frustating emotions out.Dont use that kind of letting emotions out on yourself.But if thats really the only way youd be healed,I still deny but I can never stop you right?oh well.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:29 am
maddycatty
Rellik San
halfmike

Hey... sometimes cutting is the only thing that helps... I know for me it was the only way I felt like I had any control. Please try to understand and not be mean.

I'm not being mean, just I hate self harmers, I feel its inappropriate to ask for advice on concealment when so many have tried to quit.  

Rellik San
Captain

..Neko.Aimi..

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:50 pm
Rellik San
maddycatty
Rellik San
halfmike

I'm not being mean, just I hate self harmers, I feel its inappropriate to ask for advice on concealment when so many have tried to quit.

I know what you mean... and trust me.. I've been trying to quite for a long time... but... Sometimes the only choice you feel like you have is cutting or doing drugs... And I think that drugs are a lot worse.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:55 pm
I would have to agree with Rellik San. I used to cut too, and all it did was bring trouble. You do it and you might feel better for an hour or so, but in the long run you'll regret it for your whole life. There are other things that you can do to get your mind off of things. Talk it over with someone, get a punching bag, a new game, whatever works better for you.

Ky-Kaisuke

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:48 am
maddycatty
Rellik San
maddycatty
Rellik San
halfmike

I know what you mean... and trust me.. I've been trying to quite for a long time... but... Sometimes the only choice you feel like you have is cutting or doing drugs... And I think that drugs are a lot worse.

True, but going off my personal experiances I had some god awful teenage years, beaten by my dad, I had to be pulled out of school for fear of my life, even then, I was isolated and never eft the house, or hand any outside contact for 3 years. Yet I never felt the urge to self harm, I just found coping methods that worked for me, everyone has alternate coping methods outside of drugs or harm, all they prove, is how little you know yourself if you do them.  
Life Issues

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff