Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pokémon Defenders

Back to Guilds

A Guild for all lovers of Pokémon! 

Tags: Pokemon, gaming 

Reply Conspiracy Theories and Speculations: Who's Ash's Daddy?
Isn't Ash like twenty tears old? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

melikefood

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:28 pm
The series started about ten years ago and ash started at the age of ten, if you can remember the first episode.
So there is no aging at all?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:22 am
I don't think there is aging(lol@20yr old ash)There are a lot of inconsistencies in that show like:wouldn't pikachu be like lv.100 by now?  

Tanukigao

Bashful Shapeshifter

6,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50

funwithjoysticks

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:35 pm
nope odly enough ash's pokemon are always at about the right level to face whatever gym leader he's at, even if it's the first gym elader at a new place. the new pokemon he gets aren't much weaker than the ones he's had sicne he first started.

i mis his old pokemon, he either got rid of them or jsut never uses them. i wish i could see bulbasaur or squirtle again  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:24 am
Lol Team Rocket would be, like, 30. rofl  

Sexual Innuendo

Quotable Conversationalist

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100

jacachu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:53 am
funwithjoysticks
nope odly enough ash's pokemon are always at about the right level to face whatever gym leader he's at, even if it's the first gym elader at a new place. the new pokemon he gets aren't much weaker than the ones he's had sicne he first started.

i mis his old pokemon, he either got rid of them or jsut never uses them. i wish i could see bulbasaur or squirtle again

I miss Ash's old pokemon, too. D:

I was sad he kept giving them all away or setting them free. Even though that's a nice thing to do and everything, it was still sad not seeing them in the show. DDD:

Does Gary still have Eevee?

--
Also, to get back on topic - Yeah. I don't think Ash ages at all, though he doesn't look 10 really anymore. More like 14-ish. I'm not sure.

I stopped watching after Misty left, man. -_-

And now I heard there are new voices and everything... Laaame. D: I want the old voices back!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:58 pm
No, the time line goes as though only three years have passed, if you look at it in a way. :/  

Lilium-Loveless

CommanderAceRimmer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:45 pm
Sexual Innuendo
Lol Team Rocket would be, like, 30. rofl

Lol, don't be silly! They're just little kids. They said so in that episode with Casey when they went to join a bug catching competition. Why would Team Rocket lie?!

*cracks up*  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:26 pm
Given that my younger brother still watches Pokemon, and I have access to spoilers (lol, serebii.net), I am somehow expected to have rudimentary knowledge on the show. This knowledge going no further than knowledge on which Pokemon Ash, Brock, and whatever girl he's traveling with during that arch use.

LOL SPOILERS (highlight): Thus far, I know Ash is using Pikachu, Aipom, Staravia, Turtwig, and Buizel. Brock has Sudowoodo and Croagunk, and Dawn has Piplup, Buneary, and Pachirisu.

Now, on the time skip thing; the Diamond/Pearl arch recently came to Canada. I know this because I came downstairs one Saturday and saw my brother watching it. Ash's, Brock's, and Team Rockets voices are considerably different. Ash's and Brock's are much deeper, noting that they are, in fact, getting older.  

Shazbot_the_Pirate

Kahio

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 1:48 pm
Shazbot_the_Pirate
Given that my younger brother still watches Pokemon, and I have access to spoilers (lol, serebii.net), I am somehow expected to have rudimentary knowledge on the show. This knowledge going no further than knowledge on which Pokemon Ash, Brock, and whatever girl he's traveling with during that arch use.

LOL SPOILERS (highlight): Thus far, I know Ash is using Pikachu, Aipom, Staravia, Turtwig, and Buizel. Brock has Sudowoodo and Croagunk, and Dawn has Piplup, Buneary, and Pachirisu.

Now, on the time skip thing; the Diamond/Pearl arch recently came to Canada. I know this because I came downstairs one Saturday and saw my brother watching it. Ash's, Brock's, and Team Rockets voices are considerably different. Ash's and Brock's are much deeper, noting that they are, in fact, getting older.

Their voices only changed because 4Kids stopped dubbing it.

If you count all season as a year he should be 20; but more realistically count the regions (Kanto, Orange Arapello, Johto, Hoenn, back in Kanto for the Battle Frontier.) he should be about 15 years old which sounds right.

So actually I think they are aging.
In the Japanese I can't tell as I havn't seen alot of the early ones in that language his voice does change a bit while still keep the same voice actor.
(Compare this and this to this.)

|D And he's getting more angry as of late.
I smell teen angst! Lol

Oh yeah; there have been a few instances where he's said "I started my journey 1/2/3 years ago." but I don't remember when they happened. (I think there somewhere on Wikipedia.)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:39 am
I think that he's only aged about 3 years, but the new voices suck gonk  

ShadowEnchantress

SlayerBlade128

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:47 pm
melikefood
The series started about ten years ago and ash started at the age of ten, if you can remember the first episode.
So there is no aging at all?

Pokemon is not the only show they did this to.
Simpsons, King of Hill, Family Guy, and lots of others.
The only show i can think of the producers doing the policitly correct thing is on digimon. sorry to bring something not very pokemon related in to the forum, but i think it might be worth the thought.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:55 pm
Lilium-Loveless
No, the time line goes as though only three years have passed, if you look at it in a way. :/

Maybe but i think more than 3 years have passed cause theres over like 400 eposides and about 10 movies and most of the time each show is like 2-3 days long. so there should be a longer time span in there or something keeping the kids looking young. and i think in the time they have been on the road. brock should have grown a beard or misty starting to form more of a lady figure in the last eposide i saw her in.  

SlayerBlade128

CardcaptorNicole

2,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:58 am
funwithjoysticks

i mis his old pokemon, he either got rid of them or jsut never uses them. i wi
sh i could see bulbasaur or squirtle again

We probably might.the squrtile squad might need to come to sinnoh and ash might ask prof oak to send over bulbasaur.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:01 pm
jacachu
funwithjoysticks

I miss Ash's old pokemon, too. D:

I was sad he kept giving them all away or setting them free. Even though that's a nice thing to do and everything, it was still sad not seeing them in the show. DDD:

Does Gary still have Eevee?

--
Also, to get back on topic - Yeah. I don't think Ash ages at all, though he doesn't look 10 really anymore. More like 14-ish. I'm not sure.

I stopped watching after Misty left, man. -_-

And now I heard there are new voices and everything... Laaame. D: I want the old voices back!

Gary still has Eevee it just evolved into umbreon.  

CardcaptorNicole

2,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Wall Street 200

RobX2000

Profitable Conversationalist

7,400 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:32 pm
the new voices stink and they sond sorta doopy and the seasons where divided up wiered in hoen (pokemon Advance, Advance chanenge, andvance battle (I liked that theam song), battle frontier) Just bring back misty and the old voices and I will watch again. and for the topic maby why he doesen't age is all the legendary's he has been with and nearly killed by ( xd especialy Mew and Mewtwo) that energy blast was strong enough to knock a Palkia of its feet 300 miles away. (emotocon 1st movie act out) scream stressed gonk burning_eyes xp crying xd  
Conspiracy Theories and Speculations: Who's Ash's Daddy?

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games