Inuyasha
  Final Fantasy
  Wolf rain
  S-cry-ed
  other
View Results

xxAngelofmurderxx

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:30 pm
What animes do you like??????????List top 5.

My top 5 favorits are

Trinty blood
Bleach
Inuyasha
Hellsing
Final Fantasy VII

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:04 pm
When one burns out, another takes its place;

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. I am gray, I am gray
Shoot it
I am color, I am color
Shooting
This is gray, this is gray
Shot it
I am color, I am color
Shot

Uh...*thinks*

At times, they seem close enough to touch,
as they transport your dreams far away.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

DarquePinkPaper
Vice Captain

boconnotto

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:09 pm
.. I don't think Final Fantasy VII counts as an "anime"? It was a video game. And then they made a sequal to it as movie with 3D CGA. The only cell-based "anime" they had was the "Last Order" clip that went with the movie and was never released in the US.

Also-- I am sick of hearing about how AWESOME Trinity Blood is. I read the manga-- loved it. Downloaded the anime when it came out, and cried. Trinity Blood's anime is a pathetic collaboration of ripped-off elements that was hastily tacked onto the title of a really good manga and novel. Esther is now a revenge-seeking pain in the a**. Dietrich gets flattened into a cliche-ridden villain. Abel was not supposed to be Vash or Alucard-- he was Abel. A bumbling, clumsy priest. Not. Vash. Not. Alucard. The manga was just released in the United States [if that's where you are]. Go read that and stop watching the Hellsing/Trigun/Equilibrium garbage that Cartoon Network is showing.

Similar response for Hellsing-- the manga is awesome. The TV series was okay [very pretty, very good on its own]. The OVA is much better [gorgeous animation with a better budget, wonderful music] and closer to the original storyline. Also, Victoria isn't such a weeping pansy as she is in the TV version; she actually kind of gets to enjoy herself a bit and fight back.

Inuyasha was fun for about thirty episodes and then, like Naruto, it got old, repetative, and boring. I blame the animators for messing up both of those series with filler and stupidity-- Rumiko Takahashi does have issues ending series, but.. geez. What happened to Inuyasha is just too much. It. Never. Ends.

As for Bleach, there we can agree. I don't tend to like shounen fighting series, but something about Bleach just drew me in. I think that maybe it was those awful drawings that Rukia drew, and who doesn't love Yoruichi? I mean. s**t, c'mon! That .. uh .. CAT. Rocks. Yes. Also-- some of the villains are just really very chilling compared to a large portion of anime baddies.

I don't personally have particular favorites, really-- so I'll go through genres. For weird ******** anime, I love Boogiepop Phantom and Paranoia Agent. For sparkly, pretty shoujo series, I'm watching Ouran High Host Club with my club right now. Thoroughly enjoying that. My roommate warned me that the ending they gave it is very Fruits Basket [since the anime doesn't end where the incomplete manga would] and that I might want to stab the production company. Mmn. I definitely wanted to stab the producers of Fruits Basket after watching it all the way through. With a blunt spoon or potato peeler.

I also really like Honey & Clover. The first season of Honey & Clover was a bit more interesting, but I still am enjoying this second go that I'm watching now. Again, I've been warned that the ending [it's only 12 episodes for the second season] may make me want to kill someone.

In terms of magical girl shows, I'm a huge fan of the Magic Knights Rayearth series [it was one of my first, ever, and I still adore it; the OVAs, not so much. They were just weird, though beautiful]. Sailor Moon was also my first anime, ever-- so I always will have a soft spot for it. Jupiter and Venus were always my favorites. I also can't help but giggle over the various versions and incarnations of Pretty Cure. They portray the characters as just perfect-- so clueless of their powers and amazed at the results.

For horror series, Jigoku Shoujo and definitely Blood+. They both just hit the glee button-- I want my own Haji. Or maybe a Solomon.

Action shows don't usually grabe me, but Black Lagoon has me fairly enraptured at the moment. Revy and Rock's "cigarette kiss" made me giggle like a little fangirl, though. It was so entirely out of place after their fight.

For comedies, I've always really liked Excel Saga [YES! PUNS!], Sorcerer Hunters [even if it does get a bit serious later on], and I can never stop laughing when School Rumble's on [Again with the puns!].

Whoooa, dude. I wrote a lot. o_______o

.:boconnotto:.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:30 pm
I have only played 2 FF games... *and I have never read an anime...sorry*  

Twilight Falcon

Lelandra

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:00 pm
my favorite anime:

DNAngel
Fullmetal alchemist
Ultra Maniac
Mythical detective loki ragnarok
Sailor Moon
Naruto
inuyasha
fruits basket
.hack//sign
.hack/legend of the twilight
outlaw star
and
gundam wing.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:03 pm
I don't watch any anime shows... just the movies that make it to the theater.
I might watch Full Metel Alchemist, if my bf manages to burn it to DVDs before he gets (the "D" word). I think he'll be a bit busy to deal with that though.  

Pixilated

Shameless Bookworm

your_only_pucha

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:26 am
1. Naruto.
2. Vandread.
3. Steelangel.
4. Galaxy Angel.
5. Inuyasha.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:10 am
My absolute favourit is Full Metal Alchemist. Though I also enjoy Princess Mononoke, Castle in the sky or anything of those.  

Mephil

Fashionable Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Signature Look 250

straw bury2

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:10 am
Nagima heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:44 pm
I'd say some of my favorite anime would include;

Wolfs rain
Fooly cooly
DNAngel
Deathnote
Fullmetal alchemist
Loveless
Naruto
.hack//sign
Psychic Academy
Bleach

Maybe more nya.

Kj the Neko
Crew

Lainana

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:24 pm
Ouran High School Host Club
Saiyuki
Prince of Tennis
Gravitation
Hikaru no Go
Air Gear
Pet shop of Horrors
Kyou Kara Maou
Death Note
X/1999
XXXHolic
Naruto
GTO
Loveless

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:49 pm
In order black's top 6

Full Metal Alchemist
Arc the Lad
Trigun
Cowboy Bebop
Wolf's rain
Evangalieon  

black_knightj

ozzy88

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:40 pm
Yah well im the newest member so i wana share some thoughts my favorite anime's are trinity blood, lupin the 3rd rofl , and trinity blood.

hey wat was that anime that got banned from the U.S i think it goes like tales of something with a p i dont know help i wana know... exclaim exclaim  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:29 pm
All fail in comparason to the greatness of gundam, just about all the gundam series are great. My favorite animes in order are...
1. Gundam seed Destiny
2. Zeta Gundam
3. Gundam Seed
4. Full metal alchemist
5. Gundam 0080 War in the pocket.  

Red_knightm

Red_knightm

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:32 pm
boconnotto
.. I don't think Final Fantasy VII counts as an "anime"? It was a video game. And then they made a sequal to it as movie with 3D CGA. The only cell-based "anime" they had was the "Last Order" clip that went with the movie and was never released in the US.

Also-- I am sick of hearing about how AWESOME Trinity Blood is. I read the manga-- loved it. Downloaded the anime when it came out, and cried. Trinity Blood's anime is a pathetic collaboration of ripped-off elements that was hastily tacked onto the title of a really good manga and novel. Esther is now a revenge-seeking pain in the a**. Dietrich gets flattened into a cliche-ridden villain. Abel was not supposed to be Vash or Alucard-- he was Abel. A bumbling, clumsy priest. Not. Vash. Not. Alucard. The manga was just released in the United States [if that's where you are]. Go read that and stop watching the Hellsing/Trigun/Equilibrium garbage that Cartoon Network is showing.

Similar response for Hellsing-- the manga is awesome. The TV series was okay [very pretty, very good on its own]. The OVA is much better [gorgeous animation with a better budget, wonderful music] and closer to the original storyline. Also, Victoria isn't such a weeping pansy as she is in the TV version; she actually kind of gets to enjoy herself a bit and fight back.

Inuyasha was fun for about thirty episodes and then, like Naruto, it got old, repetative, and boring. I blame the animators for messing up both of those series with filler and stupidity-- Rumiko Takahashi does have issues ending series, but.. geez. What happened to Inuyasha is just too much. It. Never. Ends.

As for Bleach, there we can agree. I don't tend to like shounen fighting series, but something about Bleach just drew me in. I think that maybe it was those awful drawings that Rukia drew, and who doesn't love Yoruichi? I mean. s**t, c'mon! That .. uh .. CAT. Rocks. Yes. Also-- some of the villains are just really very chilling compared to a large portion of anime baddies.

I don't personally have particular favorites, really-- so I'll go through genres. For weird ******** anime, I love Boogiepop Phantom and Paranoia Agent. For sparkly, pretty shoujo series, I'm watching Ouran High Host Club with my club right now. Thoroughly enjoying that. My roommate warned me that the ending they gave it is very Fruits Basket [since the anime doesn't end where the incomplete manga would] and that I might want to stab the production company. Mmn. I definitely wanted to stab the producers of Fruits Basket after watching it all the way through. With a blunt spoon or potato peeler.

I also really like Honey & Clover. The first season of Honey & Clover was a bit more interesting, but I still am enjoying this second go that I'm watching now. Again, I've been warned that the ending [it's only 12 episodes for the second season] may make me want to kill someone.

In terms of magical girl shows, I'm a huge fan of the Magic Knights Rayearth series [it was one of my first, ever, and I still adore it; the OVAs, not so much. They were just weird, though beautiful]. Sailor Moon was also my first anime, ever-- so I always will have a soft spot for it. Jupiter and Venus were always my favorites. I also can't help but giggle over the various versions and incarnations of Pretty Cure. They portray the characters as just perfect-- so clueless of their powers and amazed at the results.

For horror series, Jigoku Shoujo and definitely Blood+. They both just hit the glee button-- I want my own Haji. Or maybe a Solomon.

Action shows don't usually grabe me, but Black Lagoon has me fairly enraptured at the moment. Revy and Rock's "cigarette kiss" made me giggle like a little fangirl, though. It was so entirely out of place after their fight.

For comedies, I've always really liked Excel Saga [YES! PUNS!], Sorcerer Hunters [even if it does get a bit serious later on], and I can never stop laughing when School Rumble's on [Again with the puns!].

Whoooa, dude. I wrote a lot. o_______o

.:boconnotto:.
*claps* (after hearing the first half of the speech)  
The Polls Project

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff