Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Life Issues
So they tell me this is wrong.. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

But it makes ME feel better..
  E/>
View Results

[. Negative Exposure .]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:32 pm
User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:41 am
for them its mysteriously wrong.Nobody understood anyway and it sucks when you think of it more.For us,its a relief for the pain we feel inside. Just a way to get pain over with.

Dont worry.I have mine here,only that it's starting to heal now.But if you look closely,its still obviously there.well almost.

User Image  

aikoislost

4,800 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:02 am
Its also incredibly weak and narrow minded to beleive that your in so much pain emotionally you have to hurt yourself physically, alot of people who are worse off don't cut, I can see no justification in doing so, I understand the why people do it, I just don't see how they can justify it. You say nobody understands, have you even tried to make people understand?

I'm sorry but this topic is a mokery against those who did cut and stopped, those who are pouring everything they have into stopping and those who help people stop.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:26 am
just don't do it...okay? even if it does make you feel better is it worth it?is it really helping? just don't...it's not worth it.  

rikaLeshay

The Dadalorian
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:25 pm
i did it before....it nevereven hurt i just threw up lol...and bled a bit, i did it to my legs and there are no scars, bt there are on my arms, it's really stupid so just stop, plus it's addicting  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:33 pm
My freshman year in highschool I hung out with a group of cutters. I was the one to convince them not to do it EVERY DAY.

Plain and simple, don't do it.

You hurt everyone around you, everyone that cares about you. If you think no one does, you're wrong. There's always someone to live for.

One of my closest friends was hospitalized three times for cutting, had to go into rehab, and left from school.
Another one of my best friends was hospitalized for taking 40 Advil (don't laugh). He had to get his stomach pumped and his liver almost gave out.

Never ever consider cutting or suicide. It's really not worth it.  

Mr. Fascist

[Catharsis Message]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:34 pm
I can understand that it's hard to stop.
With people just telling you it's wrong doesn't mean anything.
It doesn't heal you emotionally.
And it's all in your head when you think that physical pain heals your emotional pain.

I remember back when my best friend used to cut.
And I'd have to clean her up afterwards when she would call me to come over.

Maybe that's why I never released my emotional pain through physical pain.
She's stopped now though.
Thankfully.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:43 pm
Um.. ouch. D:

I'm not sure how to start this post, but that's not right.
I'm not going to tell you to stop, because you can't stop just because you want to or someone tells you it's bad.
I think it's less an addiction and more a state of mind. You need to have your own outside perspective of the situation, to see it for what it really is.

I don't know. I mean, I wasted a year of my life with a pair of scissors in my hands and one day I was just like, "Wait.. what the ********?" and I haven't since.

People get snitchy about it, and I'm in no way trying to be insensitive here, but it really is stupid and just a waste. Just because it makes you fell better doesn't mean it actually achieves something.

Everyone I've talked to who has stopped doesn't regret it in the slightest, and has never felt the need to once they realised what a d**k they were being. Again, no insensitivity intended, it's just honesty.

In fact if there is anything I regret doing more than anything else in my life it would have to be that. Really, it would. As materialistic as it sounds, no longer can I wear short sleeves. And I'm always thinking about what if my Grandparents see them? Or my children (some day). It's a horrible thing to have to explain to someone.

It's just one of those things where you don't realise how much of a mistake it was until you look back on it without your rose painted glasses.

And the hard truth is, no matter what people say about talking it through, or confiding in people, or seeking therapy, no one else can do s**t for you.
All the hard stuff is left up to you, everyone in between is just slowing you down.
If you want to do something about it, just stop ******** around and do it. If you don't then nothing anyone can say to you in this thread is going to help you.

So there you have it, something you can hopefully appreciate one day.

Gambino Statue

aikoislost

4,800 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:42 am
yeah I admit I was doing this before,those times when I thought nobody really understood.Now,I still think nobody understood even if I tried to tell them something,sharing with friends,something like that.All they gave me back is all advise.Well,I'm not really proud of myself but I just dont really take advises.I go on my own thoughts and belief.For the cuts,some cut themselves without any reason at all,just to make themselves 'emo'.really its honestly true at sometimes.For now,I don't cut if my problems are too easy handle (unlike some who cuts just because they scold by their teachers in school,ucck).It means I still cut but I never cut without any BIG BIG BIG problems to cut myself about.sorry guys,but thats just me.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:13 pm
you may think its helping, but its really not.
i regret everytime i did it.
cry
i did it because it felt like the only way i felt alive. i stopped. its was so hard to do. it does become an addiction. sometimes now i still want to and even now a year later, i still slip. but your not alone. theres always someone out there who cares and it kills them when you do it. so please for your safety please...try to stop. emo  

Breathe_In_Ecstacy

[. Negative Exposure .]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:36 pm
xLIZA

[- I think I'm getting better actually. I was at my Grandparents' house today and on the bathroom sink was a raorblade, I went picked it up and..PUT IT BACK DOWN. I told myself it wasn't helping, and I'm just going to get in trouble again if I keep it up. SO I got my notebok and wrote a little poem instead. It helped 100% more.-]]  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:45 pm
[. Negative Exposure .]
xLIZA

[- I think I'm getting better actually. I was at my Grandparents' house today and on the bathroom sink was a raorblade, I went picked it up and..PUT IT BACK DOWN. I told myself it wasn't helping, and I'm just going to get in trouble again if I keep it up. SO I got my notebok and wrote a little poem instead. It helped 100% more.-]]

Wow, that's really great (:
It's good if you have a way of expressing it, like writing.

Gambino Statue

ycorpse

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:28 am
please dont think you have to do that to yourself. it wont help. the only thing that will help is just to face your life head on and all it problems and accept the fact that things will get better.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:56 pm
I'm agreeing with the people that say don't cut. They've pretty much said everything that I feel about it... I never cut, I can't force pain upon myself. I just hope anyone that does cut finds someone that can help them... When I feel helpless and wish there was an escape, I now have someone I can go to. When I didn't, I'd just cry and write. Yes, writing does help. :]  

sezzykitten

Advienga

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:16 pm
I can't believe our country is so self-absorbed.

This is very cliche', but there are people around the world without homes, without any family, without enough food to eat who don't cut themselves.

Teenagers who cut their wrists should thank God/thier entity/whatever it is they believe in that they have food on the table and a roof over thier heads. You have clothes on your body and get to have an education.

So life sucks. Of course it does. You're anywhere from 14-17 years old, I'd assume. It's called HORMONES. EVERYONE goes through it.

That horrible depression where all you can think about is how much you hate yourself? Yup, everyone gets that. The feeling that you're all alone and no one understands you? Yup, that too.

So please, stop the cutting. It's not a release. It's not solving your problems. IT's a CRY FOR ATTENTION. Check it out. The person who started this thread put up a picture of their slit wrist. Why? So someone would see it. Someone would respond. Someone would PAY ATTENTION to the fact that they're cutting.

I know that it feels self-righteous and you think you deserve it. It isn't and you don't. Trust me, I'm almost 22 years old, I've been through the whole "Woe is I and all my dark depression" phase. Believe me, it goes away.

Find another outlet. Draw a picture, write some poetry, listen to your Dashboard or Taking Back Sunday or 30 Seconds to Mars. Update your Myspace with all that stuff. Find someone to talk to, to AIM, whatever it is that makes you feel better.

But don't sit there in your self pity. Don't cut yourself. 'Cause believe me, IT WILL PASS. It might take a while, but you'll hit the point where you're free of all that.

And damn does it feel good.  
Life Issues

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces