Reply Final Fantasy Forum
What the crap? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Loxagn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:02 pm
Okay, maybe I'm just wierd, but I did not really like Advent Children. Don't get me wrong, it explained a lot, but two moments in the movie were just... agh.
1) The final attack against Bahamut SIN. I understand that certain allowances must be made for the FF universe, but come on. That jumping sequence shattered the laws of physics, lit them on fire, and then peed on the remains. That, and it just looked dumb.
2) 'Dilly-dally-shilly-shally'? These characters are HOW old now?
Don't get me wrong, I loved Final Fantasy VII, but I hated Advent Children.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:51 am
Well, I know that Nomura wants to show a different meaning to the whole Advented Children besides fighting against your sins. I think it's about how to forgive yourself or something like that. But yeah, Nomura wants to show a different meaning to the video, but he also wants to keep some of the FF style in it too. Like for example, the style of the Lifestream and the style of fighting, those are some of the FF style. So that fight with Bahamut is one of the FF style that they want to keep.

As for the DDSS, I forgot what is the meaning behind this scene. I'm not saying I know what the DDSS means but I know there's a reason why Nomura had it in the scene. Oy...... if only I brought my DVD with me..... sweatdrop  

Jisen Meizuki

Stubborn Gifter

Ashelux
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:10 pm
Loxagn
Okay, maybe I'm just wierd, but I did not really like Advent Children. Don't get me wrong, it explained a lot, but two moments in the movie were just... agh.
1) The final attack against Bahamut SIN. I understand that certain allowances must be made for the FF universe, but come on. That jumping sequence shattered the laws of physics, lit them on fire, and then peed on the remains. That, and it just looked dumb.
xd lol! i loved the movie a lot! but the jumping sequence did bother me XDDDD  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:54 pm
It was a pretty big dissapointment considering all the hype it was getting before bing relwased in all.  

SinnerShadow

Obsessive Lunatic

10,075 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Demyx06

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:16 am
i feel the odd one out i not seen it yet am trying to buy it over play.com or ebay gonk WHY ME JESUS gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:50 am
Demyx06
i feel the odd one out i not seen it yet am trying to buy it over play.com or ebay gonk WHY ME JESUS gonk

Dunno, but if you do have it, play it in sub version (Japanese.) The dub version is horrible.  

Jisen Meizuki

Stubborn Gifter

ShadowSora(unknown KH)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:37 am
The jumping sequence was kind of logical because they could jump over to cloud and throw him upwards. Though when they pause to talk a while it's not possible. So some of it is logical.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:11 am
ShadowSora(unknown KH)
The jumping sequence was kind of logical because they could jump over to cloud and throw him upwards. Though when they pause to talk a while it's not possible. So some of it is logical.

Well then, I guess you could call that the "Matrix." sweatdrop  

Jisen Meizuki

Stubborn Gifter

Da Jules

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:42 pm
you guys should stop complaining lets not forget final fantasy is a fantasy lol xD  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:15 pm
Loxagn

yes one thing its the final fantasy they can do whatever they want even shattered the laws of physics, and also i thing your talk about the the thing that was forged in the life stream
ps sephiroth rules  

Yuuichi-sama

War Nexus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:52 pm
when i saw FF7 AC, i just enjoyed. Who cares if japanese anime defines the laws of physics, gravity or whats not? I mean come on visual effects sells!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:52 am
Loxagn

1: they all had float materia equipped...

2: thats just lousy translation, in japanese it was "suruzuru-suruzuru"

witch is some short form of saying "get your act together, and quit dragging along with her death, I mean, god, it wasnt your fault, so just quit your bitching get over it!"

hope that clears things up...  

iceman_dk

Jisen Meizuki

Stubborn Gifter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:27 pm
So that's what SDSD mean. I know there was a meaning to it, but I forgot what it's meant. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:51 pm
C'mon. In Final Fantasy games they are fighting almost non-stop. Learning new powerful moves that can have them attack in whatever ways the creators can think up. It is not reality, it's fantasy. You don't like it too bad. The way FF game special moves and stuff work is just goin to get crazier and more intense as the series goes on.

Besides, the jump scene was awesome.  

Revolutious

oblivions demise

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:05 pm
I loved that movie! But the DDSS was annoying. In the japaneese version it was Zuru Zuru Zuru Zuru. Anomonopia for a dragging sound.  
Final Fantasy Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff