Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Like woah...
  Dude! D=
View Results

-[Madd]-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:44 pm
Okies, so I've had my lip piercing for about 7 weeks now so I suppose it can be considered healed and everything. Well, becuase of the job I'm starting my boss says I don't have to take it out, just find something smaller or less noticable. Just tonight, I bought a small stud to replace my ball closure ring, but I can't get the bloody thing off! I twisted this way and that and I have pushed and pulled at the damn thing for a good hour now. Can anyone help me here? Is there some super-special-awesome way of getting off or am I just that blonde?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:00 pm
You need special pliers to bend the ring. I'd say go back to your piercer and they'll probably do it for free...  

blessed.into.extinction

-[Madd]-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:02 pm
Oh....s**t. Well, at least I know I'm not crazy. Thanks. xD  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:03 am
Yea, some piercers put the balls in really tightly. My old piercer used to give enough room that I was able to pop them out, but my new one puts them on like I'm never going to change them. xp

I actually bought a pair of ring openers for the larger gauge jewelry I bought, just so when I get something too tight to get off, I don't have to run to my piercer "can you open this new jewelry I got?" But you have to be careful, otherwise you could scratch up your jewelry.

But yea, if you can't get your finger behind the ball, and just push it out sideways, then go to your piercer to get it out.  

Warninglv100
Crew

-[Madd]-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:57 am
You can buy your own openers? Where can I get a pair of those? (for future reference) Because I really like the look of the ball closure ring, but like you said I don't want to run back to my piercer everytime I want to switch out my jewelry. (Thanks for the info by the way =D)  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:00 pm
I just adjusted the jewelry on my own with needlenosed pliers.  

dagon is a gloomy bear
Crew

Lonely Lunatic

April_Ethereal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:43 am
-[Madd]-
You can buy your own openers? Where can I get a pair of those? (for future reference) Because I really like the look of the ball closure ring, but like you said I don't want to run back to my piercer everytime I want to switch out my jewelry. (Thanks for the info by the way =D)

BAF has some i belive, I think BME sells them too.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:34 pm
I usually give my piercer a couple bucks for autoclaving and she lets me use her openers/closers. She can't open my 4g captive, lol. whee  

curseyes

-[Madd]-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:57 pm
mintarden
I just adjusted the jewelry on my own with needlenosed pliers.

See, I don't want to risk breaking or scratching up my jewelry though. I'm kind of a newbie at this.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:58 pm
Metal_Mistress
-[Madd]-

BAF has some i belive, I think BME sells them too.

Ah, thank you so much.  

-[Madd]-

Warninglv100
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:43 pm
I got mine at hottopic actually. Though the ones I've seen they're selling now look kinda shitty (atleast compared to what I have). But I still wrap the ends with tissues to try to prevent scratching up my stuff.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:35 pm
Warninglv100
I got mine at hottopic actually. Though the ones I've seen they're selling now look kinda shitty (atleast compared to what I have). But I still wrap the ends with tissues to try to prevent scratching up my stuff.

they sell openers/closers at ******** hot topic?

wow, and to think they still sell some of the shittiest quality steel.  

curseyes

Warninglv100
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:31 pm
X-Rays
Warninglv100

they sell openers/closers at ******** hot topic?

wow, and to think they still sell some of the shittiest quality steel.

Yup, they do. The ones I got work rather well. Helped get open those 2ga cbrs I bought. But you definately need to watch what you buy there. Some of the brands are pretty good, but most aren't.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:00 pm
I have some 10g captive bead deals in my ear. It took pliers to get the balls out so I could put them in.. I got them at Hot Topic... and I've never been able to get the balls back in. I just wear them without the balls, but I'm always scared I'm going to lose them cause they spin fairly eaisly now.

Any tips? It's too thick to just muscle it, I've tried, at least when it's actually in my ear.

Switters

-Panty.Waste-

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:08 pm
Yeah I got my belly button pierced with a ring and I had to take two pairs of pliers and yank the thing off I was so scared I was going to rip it out. But it's all good now.  
Facial & Oral Piercings

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff