Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
Don't Let Other People Tell You Who You Are'nt. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Konstantine Keys

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:43 pm
Wherever I go, no matter what forum, on any website dealing with "emo": I see a threads like this. It makes me sad, how people fight in the name of "emo" I respect people not liking "fakes", I was the same in high school, but as I have gotten older, my perception has changed.

After college I got a job in the music industry and I met so many amazing bands (bands that liked being emo, bands that detested being emo, and bands that didn't know or didn't care what they were, they just liked playing music.) They taught me that they don't want their music to create conflict, they just want to make music that reaches out to the kids.

So many kids are just discovering music that speaks to them and makes them feel like they are not alone. A lot of them refer to it as "emo", because it makes them emotional. Whether or not it is correct in relation to what emo means, it means something to them, and everyone should respect that.

Remember the first time you heard the music that spoke to you, and then think of someone that put you down because of it.

Be nice to everyone! It is an awesome thing! Whether you are scenster, a hip kid, a rapper, or whatever, don't judge each other...accept everyone!

Okay that is all I am going to say on this subject. I just want everyone to live, love and listen to music that brings tears to your eyes.

P.S. A great book on the history of "emo" is called "Nothing Feels Good: Punk Rock, Teenagers, and Emo" by Andy Greenwald. It will open your eyes!

heart
Konstantine  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:47 pm
I read that book.
It made me break down in tears.

CHOKETRENDKILL

Konstantine Keys

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:51 pm
[night mare]
I read that book.
It made me break down in tears.

It is definitely an inspiring book!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:14 pm
i may go find this book  

m0ky

Konstantine Keys

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:20 pm
m0ky
i may go find this book

Definitely!
I got mine at Barnes and Noble (I think that is a national company whee )  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:49 pm
Konstantine Keys
m0ky
i may go find this book

Definitely!
I got mine at Barnes and Noble (I think that is a national company whee )

never heard of it the local libary might have it  

m0ky

Stygian Zero

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:58 pm
hmm...must find book.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:04 am
Any book that tries to connect Dashboard Confessional to Emo is full of s**t. When are people going to learn the modern Emo scene has nothing to do with acoustic guitars or nasally vocals.  

xdownwithxtheshipx

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:54 am
bassmule
Any book that tries to connect Dashboard Confessional to Emo is full of s**t. When are people going to learn the modern Emo scene has nothing to do with acoustic guitars or nasally vocals.

*ahem*

The two meanings remember, Dashboard Conffesional are what we call the 'emotional' side of it, you know that people that hijacked, the 'emotive' side's term for itself.

Anyway, to be honest, I agree, I could care less what your into, so long as you posses no delusions about what it is. Music is music to be enjoyed, I'm an angry person, so I listen to angry music. Some of you are emotional people, so you listen to emotional music, others are angry teens told to tidy their bedroom, so they sit around and sulk too the sounds of Nirvana thinking your original in doing so (I was doing it before some of you whipper snappers were born).

Just enjoy the music, have a laugh and a joke about it, don't let it run your life, make it a part of it instead.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:08 am
Will look for ze book.  

Sergeant Bananas

rikaLeshay

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:38 am
i just requested that book at the library...

that's really true too..you don't have to like everyone but you shouldn't judge them on looks or stereotype

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:54 am
Konstantine Keys
Wherever I go, no matter what forum, on any website dealing with "emo": I see a threads like this. It makes me sad, how people fight in the name of "emo" I respect people not liking "fakes", I was the same in high school, but as I have gotten older, my perception has changed.

After college I got a job in the music industry and I met so many amazing bands (bands that liked being emo, bands that detested being emo, and bands that didn't know or didn't care what they were, they just liked playing music.) They taught me that they don't want their music to create conflict, they just want to make music that reaches out to the kids.

So many kids are just discovering music that speaks to them and makes them feel like they are not alone. A lot of them refer to it as "emo", because it makes them emotional. Whether or not it is correct in relation to what emo means, it means something to them, and everyone should respect that.

Remember the first time you heard the music that spoke to you, and then think of someone that put you down because of it.

Be nice to everyone! It is an awesome thing! Whether you are scenster, a hip kid, a rapper, or whatever, don't judge each other...accept everyone!

Okay that is all I am going to say on this subject. I just want everyone to live, love and listen to music that brings tears to your eyes.

P.S. A great book on the history of "emo" is called "Nothing Feels Good: Punk Rock, Teenagers, and Emo" by Andy Greenwald. It will open your eyes!

heart
Konstantine

here's a simple thing
GET OVER IT!!!
thank you  

The Dadalorian
Crew

Konstantine Keys

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:12 am
Chaos A.D.
Konstantine Keys

heart
Konstantine

here's a simple thing
GET OVER IT!!!
thank you

I respect your opinion.
Thank you for responding to my thread 4laugh

heart
Konstantine  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:14 pm
Rellik San
bassmule

*ahem*

The two meanings remember, Dashboard Conffesional are what we call the 'emotional' side of it, you know that people that hijacked, the 'emotive' side's term for itself.

Anyway, to be honest, I agree, I could care less what your into, so long as you posses no delusions about what it is. Music is music to be enjoyed, I'm an angry person, so I listen to angry music. Some of you are emotional people, so you listen to emotional music, others are angry teens told to tidy their bedroom, so they sit around and sulk too the sounds of Nirvana thinking your original in doing so (I was doing it before some of you whipper snappers were born).

Just enjoy the music, have a laugh and a joke about it, don't let it run your life, make it a part of it instead.

ooooo good point  

m0ky

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:17 pm
m0ky
Rellik San
bassmule

*ahem*

ooooo good point

I knew it was a mistake not wearing underwear with these pants.  
The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games