Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
China spying on United states?? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

what do you think?
  BS!
  ITS TRUE
  I dont know...i'm not realli that smart.
  uhh......
View Results

shortiegrl8

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:55 pm
Okay so i was just watching NBC news and its right now 5:46 pm, and gues what the topic was about??

CHINA

yes. You know WHAT they were talking about??

How china is stealing American technology!! WTF??! Used for missles?! Military and civilian technology!

CLAMING CHINA IS SPYING ON THE UNITED STATES!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032619/

Topic: • Is China spying on us?

watch the clip.

discuss!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:56 pm
i dont really care. i mean, i'm still a chinese citizen.
well Hong Kong citizen.... biggrin  

[.Mihiko-chan.]

Cat-Whiskers

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:28 pm
shortiegrl8
Okay so i was just watching NBC news and its right now 5:46 pm, and gues what the topic was about??

CHINA

How china is stealing American technology!! WTF??! Used for missles?! Military and civilian technology!

watch the clip.

discuss!

your link doesn't work sweatdrop but if you are referring to the Lenovo case then well... to each their own I guess. As opposed to defending China spying on the States, I would instead focus on the fact that the pot is calling the kettle black 3nodding "Intelligence gathering", aka spying, is done by every major (and minor) country in the world, it's just a matter of how well each country hides it.

Do you know that U.S submarines patrol near China's ocean boarder every day? Imagine what would happen if a Chinese nuclear submarine was discovered in U.S water, we would probably get Sinophobes slashing their wrists in fear of the "imminent nuclear disaster", that or running around like headless chickens screaming "oh noes! China is gonna nuke the s**t out of us!" So why can the States do it? Simple, they got a stronger economy (yes, economy, not military, but economy). Everything is driven by economy. If you have a stronger economy, you can bully other countries, you can make wild accusations, and you can invade and remove rightful leaders from other countries without much consequence (I'm talking about Iraq there in case you didn't know). Therefore, since the States at the moment have the strongest economy in the world with the largest GDP, they pretty much can do whatever they want... yeah... sad huh?

OK! Chinese propaganda time! Study hard and study well and contribute to China when you graduate. 3nodding 好好学习,天天向上. Translation: Good good study, day day up (literal) rofl

*ahem* Jokes aside, but yeah, if you hate those kind of accusations and you think they're unjust, try to get a stronger economy for China so we don't have to take anymore of those kind of political bullying 3nodding

and... more propaganda... 毛泽东思想万岁? lol  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:45 am
Who cares if China is spying on the US? I'd betcha the US, the UK and Australia has dozens of secret agents lurking inside China right now.
Just last year we had a high ranking CCP official spectacularly defect from China and sought Asylum in Australia thanks to Australian spies.

It's a sign of the times that if a similar news of Chinese spies in the US broke out 17 years ago there'd be mass hysteria and Commie witch hunting, but now China's been seen as a cuddly friend by every one of its neighbours and the West.

Now if topic had been "TALIBAN AND AL QAEDA TERRORISTS FOUND SPYING ON US ADMINISTRATION PLANNING FOR ANOTHER ATTACK" then quite rightly all the Americans would go beserk and start a massive witch hunt.  

Minielf

Legendary_ONE

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:36 am
Cat-Whiskers
shortiegrl8

CHINA

watch the clip.

discuss!

your link doesn't work sweatdrop but if you are referring to the Lenovo case then well... to each their own I guess. As opposed to defending China spying on the States, I would instead focus on the fact that the pot is calling the kettle black 3nodding "Intelligence gathering", aka spying, is done by every major (and minor) country in the world, it's just a matter of how well each country hides it.

Do you know that U.S submarines patrol near China's ocean boarder every day? Imagine what would happen if a Chinese nuclear submarine was discovered in U.S water, we would probably get Sinophobes slashing their wrists in fear of the "imminent nuclear disaster", that or running around like headless chickens screaming "oh noes! China is gonna nuke the s**t out of us!" So why can the States do it? Simple, they got a stronger economy (yes, economy, not military, but economy). Everything is driven by economy. If you have a stronger economy, you can bully other countries, you can make wild accusations, and you can invade and remove rightful leaders from other countries without much consequence (I'm talking about Iraq there in case you didn't know). Therefore, since the States at the moment have the strongest economy in the world with the largest GDP, they pretty much can do whatever they want... yeah... sad huh?

OK! Chinese propaganda time! Study hard and study well and contribute to China when you graduate. 3nodding 好好学习,天天向上. Translation: Good good study, day day up (literal) rofl

*ahem* Jokes aside, but yeah, if you hate those kind of accusations and you think they're unjust, try to get a stronger economy for China so we don't have to take anymore of those kind of political bullying 3nodding

and... more propaganda... 毛泽东思想万岁? lol

Good point, and LOL at the last line. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:37 am
(¨`¤
(¨*·.¸(¨*·.¸`·.¸
´·.¸.¤Sapphire´·.¸) `·.¸)

You do know there are spies everywhere ninja

Mostly every country has its own spy...just to see how the other countries are developing and then snatching their ideas for their own country...

Tis like a battle to become the most developed/richest country in the world~

Cat - But I thought Luxembourg has the largest GDP D=

The U.S. is 3rd largest 3nodding

http://www.aneki.com/richest.html

¤´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) .·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·`Dragon¤.¸.·`

` T a p i o c a `

forgotten_ninja

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:46 am
I hope they are

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:21 pm
==||
really, oh~ well~ it's not like U.S and china is gonna have a fight or something.....XD

Crystal Rainie

Cat-Whiskers

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:21 pm
7Sapphire8Dragon9
(¨`¤
(¨*·.¸(¨*·.¸`·.¸
´·.¸.¤Sapphire´·.¸) `·.¸)

Cat - But I thought Luxembourg has the largest GDP D=

The U.S. is 3rd largest 3nodding

http://www.aneki.com/richest.html

¤´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) .·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·`Dragon¤.¸.·`

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)

Total GDP, not per capita 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:51 pm
Building, infiltrated. New technology aquired.  

I ran out of name changes

forgotten_ninja

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:50 pm
the US is just picking on china...the other day on the news the US wanted to put the Chinese economy down by I don't know..do what they call a "fair" trade....-_-|| and raise the value of yen or something... my teacher also said that the chinese economy is booming and china is emerging as one of the superpowers...^_^  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:26 pm
Everyone is spying on everyone. Who cares. just let it go.  

Daisy Mai - 128K

hami banami

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:34 am
forgotten_ninja
the US is just picking on china...the other day on the news the US wanted to put the Chinese economy down by I don't know..do what they call a "fair" trade....-_-|| and raise the value of yen or something... my teacher also said that the chinese economy is booming and china is emerging as one of the superpowers...^_^

that's what all of my teachers say! xD  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:07 pm
Hanyue-Chan
forgotten_ninja

that's what all of my teachers say! xD

Even though my major isn't economics, my political science prof. did talk about the whole "US pressuring China into raising the value of RMB" thing.

The mechanisms behind this stragety is rather simple: We all know US owes (and continues to owe more) hundreds of billions of debts world-wide, which are recorded in the unit of US dollars (which is kinda obviously because the US government can only produce its own currency).

Well, since China has a booming economy, if the value of RMB raises, the value of USD will naturally decrease. When that happens, even though the US may still appears to owe the same amount of debt in US dollars on the World Bank record, the actual amount of the debt will be smaller than before due to the decrease-in-exchange-value of the USD.

In simpler words, less debt to pay off than the original amount; A rather cheap way to dodge debts. sweatdrop  

Legendary_ONE

t o x i c l i p s t i c k

6,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:35 pm
forgotten_ninja
I hope they are
Why?! o______O
I mean......it's kinda strange to have another country watching us and all.

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff