Welcome to Gaia! ::

Byako, City of Everything

Back to Guilds

Byako, the city of everything. A city hundreds of miles in size where anything can and does happy on a daily basis Join the random sillyness 

Tags: plushie, city, random, silly, Byako 

Reply Byako, City of Everything Main Forum
Port Dark Water Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kethean

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:00 pm
Locale Name:Dark Water Port

Classification: District
(district, business, city service, eatery or inn, clan, other)

Controlled:Unaligned (Bunny Pirates)

Description:

Episode 1: The Dark Tide

Port Dark Water was once Byako’s prestigious ports, many traders came from far and wide to distribute shipping goods and the local residents thrived for a time. Until one day the waters became cursed and filled with plight for a reason unknown. Many of the easy going traders often clashed at sea unable to control their ships and only the courageous or foolish ever ventured out to sea.

With the recent arrival of ‘The Cutlass’ gang running rampant through out the port its residents have lost any hope of returning to their former glory and the troubles of the area only seem to be brewing. There are still a few that dream that wonderful dream of returning to their former glory and rumors run abound of a man from a far off land seems to be going against the dark tide.

Episode 2: Old Friends, New Enemies

With Meeky just settling in the arrival of a letter from her past troubles her, unsure of what she'll be facing in the coming days she is determined not to make the same mistakes she had in the past but will she be prepared for it all while still helping Kethean investigate 'The Cutlass' gang that is just boiling to strike back?

Port Dark Water is stirring with new blood with mysterious strangers with unknown agendas. The Cutlass gang is on the hunt for a deal gone bad and word is they aren't alone.

Past Events:*The bunny p irates were established and a number o f strange fellows entered the area

Current Events:The place remains dark and confining  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:01 pm
Member List
This little area is going to hold our official member list bios/characters that are dedicated to the clan/area that this thread is. Seeing as I know some of you already have your characters and bios posted elsewhere, I wanted a little place I could look and easily find them that concern me... so here we are. The layout of the bio is stolen off Jasae so don't go thinking I'm asking these things. stare

Name/Date Joined: Kethean (December 05, 2006)
Species: Human
Home: The Slums
Ability Style/Job: Bounty Hunter/Raider
Weapon: [Insert over-powered weapon here]
Ability: [Insert over-powered god-like ability here] ...sarcasim appearently
Weakness: Wine, women, and song?
Description: 6'2, Dark skin, dark eyes, dark hair, strong build..uh, my avi?
Storyline: You're in it...
Quote: I'll get right on it... soon, seriously...
(Yeah I really need to change the layout but my times up so i'll redo it later, mwahaha... quote -_-)

Meeky (December 05, 2006)

[Hopefully as time goes by we plan to put character photos in here.]  

Kethean

Kethean

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:02 pm
Bounty Posters

[ There will be a list of posters here of current and past bounties, as the "episodes proceed." ]  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:03 pm
Misc.

Dec 5, 06 - Ok, so Jasae has asked me to make a clan and I've brought along a close friend. Generally how this works is that its pretty free based much like the most of Byako. The catch? I'm trying to keep the threads entirety in an anime like theme. Which is why I'm refereing to the times inbetween updates as Episodes.
Thus far though the general idea is that Meeky and myself own and run a Bounty Hunter buisness, I think in time it will pretty much explain itself but anyways we'll just see how it all goes. Oh, and I know the first post by me is overly large and maybe not what most of you are used to but don't worry, thats just the starter. I usually do my RP first person so don't be too thrown off by it.

Dec 19, 06 - Hey, first episode is done! I really liked it, the bare basics of character intros with lead offs to more face time down the road. As soon as I finish this I'll hopefully put a mini bio up above for Kethean on the member list. Something so that new members can get an idea of who is who without having to read the entire list of episodes.

Also, it was brought to my attention that some folk read but don't post... hmm I'm guessing no one is sure how to interact their characters into this clan? Well, we are of course looking for new members to join but havent done any avid scouting, if you do intend to make a new character to specificaly join this clan/area then just mail me if you have any questions or need any help at all. (Granted I own and work two buisness'... yes two, so my reaction time isnt the best but I will always get back to you.) But mostly the best example is the first example and that being Midnights character just arriving. I'm sure it'll be easier to jump in when we have more people running about.

Kethean

Kethean

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:03 pm
On one of the many buildings that surrounded Port Dark Water could be seen a man by the name of Kethean sitting on the roofs ledge. He looked around just to be certain he wasn’t being watched and when he felt it was safe he brought out a cigarette and lighter and leaned in to light it but the sudden sound of someone coming onto the roof caused him to drop both cigarette and lighter. He caught the lighter before it fell off the roof but the cigarette was lost to him and cringed his eyes waiting for the stern voice but it never came. He paused and looked over his shoulder and found a child with a blank face staring at him. They both knew each other and after a moment the boy could be found sitting on the ledge with the older man and tugged on his shoulder pointing out at the coast deep into the ocean. Kethean looked down at the boy named Rusty with a curious look but knew exactly what the child wanted. With a grunt and a reluctant tone to his voice he began to tell the story that the child loved so much.

He had been escaping the Rich side of town on one of the many raids he was accustomed to attending but this time around the security had been bolstered which only made escaping more difficult. He knew Port Dark Water well enough and knew that anyone with coin in their pocket would do well to keep their distance. The Port was known to house brigands and cutthroats amongst the many shady business men and residents just trying to make their way. As he was running down one of the ally ways he stuffed himself between some warehouse boxes and assortment of trash and smiled with satisfaction as he saw the security officers run past. Then out of the corner of his eye he saw a small hand reach down from above him and take silver crest that he had stolen, he looked up suddenly to see a bright pair of eyes staring down at him. They quickly pulled back to the top of the wooden box Kethean was behind and in anger of him being robbed he shouldered the box sending it toppling over. He heard scampering but had no time to look as his reckless actions had caused his hiding enclosure to fall in on him and he quickly burst out. Suddenly he was face to face with a small girl to which the bright pair of eyes belonged to, she giggled and clutched to the crest, simply uttering the word ‘shiny’ to Kethean as if he didn’t realize the value of it. Kethean tilted his head staring at the fuzzy ears sticking out the top of her head and he asked bluntly what she was. The girl seemed to twitch at the question and tilted her head and simply claimed she was a Meeky. She then quickly complimented his pirate skills on acquiring so many shiny objects but before any more could be said a shout from around the corner could be heard. Kethean didn’t need a second warning before he was off and running.

It had been two days since his first encounter with Meeky but it was the second encounter that had sent the both of them down a difficult road. He had been sitting in one of the many pubs that littered the city and hadn’t noticed the girl sitting next to him. He was wearing a hooded cloak to avoid recognition because he was never sure when trouble would be looking, so it came as a surprise to him when the small hand reached out and slapped a steel bracer hang cuff around his left wrist the other end clamped on around her own wrist. He looked over suddenly at the Meeky in disguise and the bright eyes had given her away to him but she simply tilted up her nose and gave a mocking sniff and smiled at him as if to explain how she had found him. He furrowed his brow but didn’t say a word because Meeky quickly said that the bounty on his head must be more than enough money than she needed. That’s when Meeky realized that silence had fallen over the pub and she looked around to see that the many patrons were eyeing Kethean with greedy smiles. Before she could react to the situation Kethean got up and started running for the back of the pub dragging Meeky with her legs kicking trying to find ground. A sudden uproar of men in search for easy money began to toss bottles, chairs, and anything else they could find in an attempt to stop them. The two of them burst through the back door and Kethean saw a flight up stairs leading upwards and downwards, he chose to go up. Meeky had found her ground on the steps and tugged at Kethean shouting at him that the bounty was hers and that he shouldn’t struggle. He paid little attention to the light tug at his arm as his adrenaline was pumping and he was trying to figure a way out of this situation.

The door down below them didn’t last long and the stairwell quickly became loud as drunken patrons gave chase. They reached the roof and Kethean finally gave notice to Meeky and with a growl he tugged her through the doorway and slammed the roof door shut. He yelled at Meeky telling her she should never offer a golden opportunity to the desperate. Meeky quickly reached down and drew one of her twin daggers and growled that she too was desperate and that the opportunity was hers. Before they could argue more loud bangs could be heard against the door. Out of frustration Kethean ran over and slammed his foot into the door sending the door inward and shouts of confusion and surprise could be heard. The patrons saw Meeky with a weapon and quickly drew their own and that’s truly when the two began to run together. They turned tail and ran for the roof ledge, Kethean assumed they were thinking the same thing, and shouted for her to jump and leaped and to his horror when he heard her say wait. The weight of Kethean jumping off the roof and Meeky standing there with disapproval of the plan pulled Meeky off the roof and sent the both of them falling. Kethean fell straight down into the fire escape on the side of the building and his stomach slammed against the rail he hung over and the air escaped his body, a second later he saw a scared Meeky fly past him and looked down at her as she dangled below with the steel cuffs the only thing holding them together. Meeky yelled up at Kethean for his stupid plan and ‘eeped’ as the bar patrons started hurling things down at them. Kethean kicked his legs and the two fell down to the ground, Kethean caught the second floor fire escape rail and the tug of Meeky made him lose his grip. Luckily enough the distance was enough for Meeky to make a safe landing and for Kethean to fall to the floor in a heap.

He woke up a time later, unsure of where he was, with a very sore back and side. It seemed that Meeky had dragged him away and as he looked over at her with her ears twitching he realized she didn’t quite know where they were either. She told him that he had passed out a while ago and she had to drag him here and that there were still a few people looking around for them. Kethean took the time to examine the area they were in, it seemed to be a rather large warehouse, nearly a small castle in itself with two floors to its name. There wasn’t much in the warehouse despite its size, it seemed pretty run down and the two of them were surprised to see a small child simply staring at them with a smile. Meeky seemed the most interested in the child and the child couldn’t seem to take his eyes off Meeky’s ears. Despite the odd location the child didn’t seem too surprised to see them and as Meeky tried to talk to the boy Kethean was trying to think of a way of escape.

The two had stayed with the boy for a couple of hours and they had both realized that the boy was mute; he seemed to live upstairs on the second floor of the warehouse. Neither of them could tell how the boy survived but he seemed to manage well enough on his own. He seemed quite excited to have their company and found other means in which to communicate to them, his face and body often describing his feelings and emotions for him. Meeky had determined that as soon as it was clear she would take Kethean in and Kethean figured that as long as he was safe for the moment he would worry about the rest later. He asked her for a reason to his capture and she would simply twitch her nose and say that she needed the money. When the mute boy that they had come to know as Rusty waved them down and beckoned them to follow they agreed and he lead them down to the warehouses basement which in itself was much larger than the warehouse and lead deep down to the coastal floor. It seemed the boy was showing them a way out and at this revelation Kethean became fond of the boy. Rusty smiled at himself and spread his arms to the coast and breathed in the ocean air, then sighed as he realized Kethean and Meeky were behind him fighting to break lose from their bonds.

They both had stayed with the child Rusty in the warehouse for three days, each night sneaking out trying to find a way to freedom and each night they would have to rush back and hide. Rusty always seemed to crawl out of the warehouse with ease and return with food and one item of particular interest to Kethean. When Rusty handed it to him with a smile Kethean saw a bounty poster of himself and a rather large reward. It had the Security seal of approval on it as well. He looked over at Meeky who snatched at it with glee and mentioned with a squeak that she had really outdone herself this time. The two argued over it and Meeky mentioned she needed a new ship and didn’t mind bringing in a fellow pirate. Kethean laughed at being called a pirate but didn’t argue seeing as what he did wasn’t much better. It was then that Kethean realized how they could both escape and get what they wanted.

They had sent Rusty with a message to the security force that in exchange for the dropped charges against Kethean he would in turn capture criminals that equaled to the value of his reward. The security force reluctantly agreed but only offered half of the reward money to him and they accepted. Kethean assumed it was better to get half than nothing, which is until he realized that Meeky considered the money her half and his half was payment for his freedom. He lost track of Meeky and Rusty for a few days until they returned with Meekys ship which she kept in the basements port from then on. It seemed she had crashed her ship in Dark Waters deep ocean and had been looking for money for repairs and it seemed now she had gotten what she wanted, as a show of thanks Meeky agreed to assist Kethean in his Bounty Hunter endeavors.

Back on the roof Rusty and Kethean stared out at the ocean coast and he ruffled the child’s hair as the story of their meeting had come to a conclusion and he nudged Rusty to get back inside because he was getting hungry. Down below they could both hear Meeky cursing which they both knew meant that tonight’s food would be burnt again.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:30 am
Meeky soundly cursed the stove while sucking on her burnt fingers. It was really not fair that she had to cook tonight. She had been hoping to head out early and 'aquire' enough money to buy some new ink.

She just couldn't make a proper poster with what what she had now. Her last great poster was now useless as it belonged to her fellow pirate; who was actually coming down the stairs at the moment with their apprentice. She stopped cursing a moment to smile at the sight. It actually felt like being on her ship again- except not.

That man wasn't her captain, and that boy didn't resemble any of her former crew mates, but they were good enough pirates.

For now.

Rusty looked at her curiously, silently asking what she was thinking, but she simply shook her head and twitched her tail before turning back to the stove to try and salvage dinner. She didn't understand her own thoughts enough to be able to put them in words. Hopefully Kethean would be his usual self and attract some trouble soon. Maybe then she could get rid of this odd melancholy feeling that attacked her today.  

Meeky

Kethean

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:18 pm
[Jumping into later that evening, couldint post yesterday so bleh. stare ]

Kethean was standing at the peers edge and watched the flashing lights of trade ships daring the dark waters. Not much word of his new setup had gotten out yet and he was fighting his old habits to plunder but figured he'd do one better and wait around to see if anyone else decided to target this location.

*rubs his hands together and raises the collar of his jacket for a little extra protection from the cold* ... I guess I was mistaken. *tilts his head to the side as he looks down the peer as he notices a few shadowed figures running behind a warehouse and grins* Jackpot.

He begins to move forward trying to be as silent as possible following the dark figures to see where they lead him and if indeed they do intend to rob any supplies.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:22 pm
Meeky sit at a desk going through some of her sketches, trying to decide who she should do a poster of next. Beside her were notes on the various people featured in her sketches and tentaive Bounties.

"Where does one even begin in a city like this?" She stretches and hears her back crack. "I do think a break is in order..." Standing up she turns and heads for the small room next to her studio. Earlier she had left Rusty in there to go through some of the old journals and books that came off her ship.

The kid seemed fascinated by anything to do with Pirates and well, she didn't mind that little obsession at all. It reminded her of herself when she was younger, only she was alot more curious. So curious that she ended up one herself by accident.

Smiling she pushes away those fond memories and steps into the room, looking for Rusty. She spots him sitting there staring at one of her books, a small frown on his face.

She walks over to him.

"What? See something you like?" Rusty looks up and hands her the picture he had been looking at. She stares, te smile leaving her face. "This...." She shakes her head and quickly mumbles "I need to go." Before walking out leaving a confused Rusty behind.  

Meeky

Meeky

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:32 am
Rusty stared at the closed door, wondering what had gotten into Meeky. The little Fox was usually cheerful and always ready to cause trouble. But today, she had seemed off.

Maybe it was too much time on land?

Could pirates get sick if they didn't go back on water?

Should he drag her on to the boat for the evening?

Would that help?

Not realizing he had been pacing, Rusty fell to the flor suddenly dizzy. Shaking his head he decided he needed another opinion on the matter before he decided wether or not Meeky was sick.

He needed to go find Kethean. Grabbing his coat he stepped outside and headed in the direction he had last seen the older man leave in.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:05 am
Meeky felt silly getting all mushy and stuff over a picture. Her former Captain would have kicked her half way across the ship if he ever saw her like this.

But silly or not, here she was getting teary-eyed over a damn photo of her and said Captain. Not fair! She was stronger then this! She was tougher then this! And she would prove it dammit!

Anger pounced and devoured all the sappy, mushy, wussy feelings in her, leaving her feeling cleansed. Tears didn't help, but a good fight did.

She headed for the door.

When in doubt, go to a bar.  

Meeky

Meeky

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:05 am
Rusty looked around. He knew Kethean had come this way, but there was no signs of the older man.

Only rats.

And he really didn't like rats. Nor had he any way of telling the rats this. They didn't understand him when they montioned him away and without being able to yell, he was stuck with them.

Well, there were worse things in life to be stuck with....

"Hey pretty boy...."

He turned and looked at the owner of the voice, a large fairly ugly brute that smelled bad. Yup, he prefered the rats.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:53 am
She found a bar easily enough, but no one seemed to be in a fighting mood, which really, REALLY annoyed her. Usually they were always ready to exchange blows, but not today.

The one day where she wanted to beat someone black and blue...

And they were all just content to sit there and drink. Grumbling under her breath she ordered another Pepsi (caffeiene for some strange reason acted like alcohol to her) and sat back, glaring at all the perfectly content scoundrels around her.

Her tai flicked in annoyance as she glanced up at the clock behind the bartender. She'd give it another hour. If a fight didn't start in that period of time, she would start one herself. It shouldn't be too hard to claim someone in the bar had a Bounty and then try to claim it.

Yeah, that would start a fight, just like last time....

Grinning she continued to sip her pepsi unaware of the eyes watching her.  

Meeky

Meeky

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:54 am
Rusty backed away from the man approaching him. He could smell the alcohol on the b*****d's breath and that made this situation alot more dangerous then it could have been.

Drunk men didn't react to pain as well as a sober man did.

But if there was one thing Kethean taught him, it was how to take a man down, drunk or not. If he could just stand to let the guy get a little closer then he could make his move.

"Not the talkative type eh? That's fine by me, it just means our time together will be more...productive." He leered at Rusty and the boy had to wonder how a drunk man could speak so well. It was a little disturbing.

The man took another step closer and Rusty frced himself not to take a step back out of instinct.

"Stopped trying to run, eh? Good!" The man moved closer and one hand reached for his belt. Rusty took the tiny moment of distractiona nd kicked. Hard. Right below the belt.

Wow. It seemed Kethean was right. A man did go down fairly quickly when you hit them there. Rusty decided not to stay around and see how long the effects of his attack lasted and took off. he hoped he was going in the right direction.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:31 pm
An hour was up and still there was no fights.

Time to chnage that.

She stood up with the intent of choosing her target, but a hand on her back prevented her from going anywhere.

"Wha-?" She turned her head and saw a tall cloaked figure standing behind her. She couldn't see the person's face, , or anything else for that matter. But they did have a letter in their hand and it was being pushed towards her, so she took it.

And as soon as she did, the hand on her back left and so did the figure. Well that was interesting. She flipped the letter over but saw nothing on either side. Shrugging she headed for the door. She'd open it at home.  

Meeky

Meeky

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:09 pm
Rusty stopped for a minute to catch his breath. Looking over his shoulder he saw no one and decided it was safe enough to sit down for a minute or so. He had really gotten into better shape ever since he'd begun living with two pirates, but still, he was very far away from their level.

Yet he didn't let that fact get him down. One day he'd be good enough, he'd be an equal to Kethean and meeky, someone the could depend on.

He smiled.

He was very glad he'd found them and that they'd let him in to their lives.

Byako, City of Everything Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff