Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Her Ghost In The Fog (beginning of my second novel) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:34 pm
This is not a finished chapter, nor is this by any means the definite version, but it is a good preview and I think most if not all should like it.

Chapter I

I smiled. Her face glowed in the fading sun. She threw her head back and laughed. I took her by the hand and we spun around, her hair flying wildly in the breeze. The sand felt cold and soft between my toes as we stood there on that beach. I pulled her in close to me and wrapped my arms around her. I heard the words echo through the evening sky before I had even mouthed them, “I love you…”

The amber light painted across her face when I leaned in to kiss her. Our lips touched in an explosion of sensation. “I never want to lose you…”

Bright fluorescent lights. She gripped my hand tightly. I raced alongside the gurney, desperate to never leave her side. I could not look down at her, I just couldn’t do it. Nurses in scrubs, and doctors in their white coats brushed by me in a blur. A policeman stood next to the door, and as I tried to enter with her, he stopped me. I fought and screamed, not wanting to even let go of her hand. I tried to push past him, jump over him, and even punch him. He held me back, then put his hand on the back of my head and pulled me into his chest.

I had known him since we were kids. His name was Brock, and in high school he had decided to become a police officer. Head buried into his chest, I wept. My tears stained his shirt for longer than I could imagine. I pushed away from him and stumbled to a chair, collapsing into the seat and dropping my head into my hands. Brock stepped over to me, placing his hand on my shoulder.

“We found her in the alley near the apartment. She was… pretty messed up. I’m sorry man.” The friend before me said, choking over his words. He bit back tears fiercer than I could; then again, he had a wife and kids safely at home, not lying in the ER at the county hospital.

After awhile I could control myself and stopped crying. I paced, right outside the room. Every now and then I tried to glance through a window, but I could not raise my eyes to it. The words echoed through my brain after Brock told me, “She was raped.” I was torn; should I wait here until she was better, or should I go and try to find the man responsible? I knew the latter was impossible, I had no leads, no idea what he looked like. Yet still, the thought of revenge, the feel of my hands around his neck until the last choking gasp of life passed through his throat, would not escape my head.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:38 pm
....it's really sad, and moving. How come the wife is always killed off in you're novels. Are you trying to say something by that hun?  

shortstoriestragicendings

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:41 pm
....it's really sad, and moving. How come the wife is always killed off in you're novels. Are you trying to say something by that hun?

No, it just makes it more tragic love.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:09 pm
...... This hit me hard. My friend was raped... earlier this year. And I was the only one she would talk to after it happened. Her step-mom is a b***h and though of her as a slut after it happened..

Anyways No more rambling.
You have a real talent for novels.

If this was a ready novel, I do believe I would be unable to put it down.
I really enjoy your writings alot. please I would like to see you add more to this. Though I may move this to the work in progress if you add to it.
Though this is short enough to stay here.

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:23 pm
GASP! Another Satanas novel!

Whoooa, this is intense.

WRITEMORE! ):

Criiiiiiis, you mustn't cliffhanger like that! O.o

And you're right, I do that sometimes (the whole tragic loss thing) but it works with boys and girls both for me. (I don't do adults stare )  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:26 pm
Tak-Jak
...... This hit me hard. My friend was raped... earlier this year. And I was the only one she would talk to after it happened. Her step-mom is a b***h and though of her as a slut after it happened..

Anyways No more rambling.
You have a real talent for novels.

If this was a ready novel, I do believe I would be unable to put it down.
I really enjoy your writings alot. please I would like to see you add more to this. Though I may move this to the work in progress if you add to it.
Though this is short enough to stay here.

If you don't mind wait til like Monday or so to move it to WIP. I might add a little more to it tonight but I don't know how much I can get done.  

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:30 pm
KirbyVictorious
GASP! Another Satanas novel!

Whoooa, this is intense.

WRITEMORE! ):

Criiiiiiis, you mustn't cliffhanger like that! O.o

And you're right, I do that sometimes (the whole tragic loss thing) but it works with boys and girls both for me. (I don't do adults stare )

I will write more dear Kirbs. I promise.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:48 pm
Planned on moving it after some time.
So everyone could see it first and then
look for it in WIP later.
wink

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:51 pm
Tak-Jak
Planned on moving it after some time.
So everyone could see it first and then
look for it in WIP later.
wink

Thanks Tak, that's why you're great. heart  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:53 pm
redface whee
Thanks Satanas

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:13 pm
[ In Nomine Satanas ]

No, it just makes it more tragic love.

I know, I was joking. Your writings are wonderful especially for a kangaroo. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:25 pm
lol Thanks hun and Tak. You should read my novel in the WIP forum. On Wednesday of next week will you delete it for me, or whenever you move this thread to there?  

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:26 pm
O.o

Never heard you say "hun" before.

o.O

and wtf with the kangaroo?

you better write more! stare  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:43 pm
KirbyVictorious
O.o

Never heard you say "hun" before.

o.O

and wtf with the kangaroo?

you better write more! stare

I live 25 min. from her. Kirbs meet my real life girlfriend. Thus Hun. Kangaroo is from when her mom misheard my last name and thought Cato was actually Kangaroo...  

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:48 pm
O.o

That was fast

Erm, hi?

It's really late and I'm very, very tired?

Much love...?  
Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces