Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Mild to high flaming of atheist Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meisugi_Jaganshi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:02 pm
"YOU FAIL AT LIFE
the messiah is going to eat your skull k?"
I bring you the words of habnabit. I'm assuming this person saw my guilds, saw I was in this one, and decided to send me an annoying PM.

For this thread, discuss people flaming atheists on gaia, in life, or anywhere else. Also, you can discuss this person's rude message.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:25 pm
Meisugi_Jaganshi
"YOU FAIL AT LIFE
I bring you the words of habnabit. I'm assuming this person saw my guilds, saw I was in this one, and decided to send me an annoying PM.

For this thread, discuss people flaming atheists on gaia, in life, or anywhere else. Also, you can discuss this person's rude message.

How sad.
That's about as bad when this one guy said I was a follower of Satan and that I could go and burn in hell with him while he lived a wonderful life in heaven with a few pies. 3nodding

I don't think he understod that being athiest means you don't believe in Satan either.

cup_noodles

Meisugi_Jaganshi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:51 pm
cup_noodles
Meisugi_Jaganshi
"YOU FAIL AT LIFE

How sad.
That's about as bad when this one guy said I was a follower of Satan and that I could go and burn in hell with him while he lived a wonderful life in heaven with a few pies. 3nodding

I don't think he understod that being athiest means you don't believe in Satan either.

rofl I suppose not  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:08 am
||_______________________

I've never gotten flamed for it on gaia. :0 I'm sorry to hear mah members are. Someone did attempt to flame in our registered guilds ad once though.

So if the messiah=Jesus and eating a skull=cannibal then his argument is based on the idea that Jesus is a cannibal. Interesting.
    It's pretty pointless. I'm sure that guy would have been pissed if you had flamed him. Most people like going by double standards when it comes to religion.
_______________________||

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:58 am
That is pretty sad that someone would do something like that.

However it is not uncommon for thiests to open thier mouths before they think.

That is why a group of nun's that were harassing people at one of the malls looked so stupid. They were accusing people who wore black of being "Atheists" and "Satan Worshippers" at the same time. Illogical, yes?

Do you know the best thing you can do? It is to be polite, and ignore them.

Eventually they'll go away.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:02 am
Dude... this doesn't even look like flaming to me... i'm almost sure that it's some retarded 13 year old who has no real knowledge of his religion and likes to say incoherencies to those who don't agree with his way of thinking. I would say a white supremacist in the making, and a son to be proud of if daddy happens to be a hillbilly.

Crap... i just realized what i wrote would seem as flaming. I just can't stop swearing, it's not my ******** fault... is it?  

AnonymouZ

Aino Ailill

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:23 am
cup_noodles
Meisugi_Jaganshi
"YOU FAIL AT LIFE

How sad.

Whether you believe or not, many Christians believe those not of their faith (or even their denomination) have been led astray by the devil and are thus damned.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:03 pm
Anonymouz
Dude... this doesn't even look like flaming to me... i'm almost sure that it's some retarded 13 year old who has no real knowledge of his religion and likes to say incoherencies to those who don't agree with his way of thinking. I would say a white supremacist in the making, and a son to be proud of if daddy happens to be a hillbilly.

Crap... i just realized what i wrote would seem as flaming. I just can't stop swearing, it's not my ******** fault... is it?

You should talk to my freind whose old account was I wupped chuck norris, same problem, the new one according to his post is the martyr of intellect, try him, he might have advice.  

The Seven Deadly Sinz

PickleBoy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:50 pm
Yeah, I don't really argue with people cause they either get me really angry and I say stupid things that aren't what I really mean (I can't think when I'm angry) or I just start to laugh and make fun of them instead of having a logical argument. Ick.

And some people... I really don't like it that they use such double standards. Its ridiculous.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:43 pm
I was in a chat room being run by an atheist, and this one girl showed up and started asking us how we explain the origin of the universe... and after a while this one guy was like, "Listen, girl, this isn't the place to convert people." And she kept saying "why do humans have a conscience?" as if that was proof for g0d. That's not really flaming, but it was pretty annoying.  

Prince Rilian

DaniSeal

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:03 pm
I've never been flamed for being an atheist on here. sweatdrop And irl only the people that ask know I'm an atheist so not there either.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:29 pm
I wouldn't take it seriously. It seems that Christians are forgetting that the message of their messiah was kindness and tolerance of others. It seems Jesus, if he existed (I think he did, but many don't) would be rolling in his grave after seeing what people have made of his words.

In the guild I moderate someone said something to the effect of "I wonder if Steve Irwin was a Christian" and an Athiestic girl replied that Athiests can love animals, too. He replied with "Well, most Athiests seem only to care about themselves". Frankly, it was offensive. At least he was intelligent and open to discussion, later apologising.  

Dread Dionaea

Muaethia

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:09 am
Oh yeah, I remember that guy in the registered guilds thread: "aetheists suck a**". At least spell athiests right, come on... but in RL I havn't had anyone say owt to me. Not at my schools and not at college either. I've made a fair few christian friends and we just don't mention the subject, we'd rather talk about amusing things such as the scandal of the college pasta bake or theatre related stuff or rainbow coloured hats called bob... hehe. They know i'm athiest and know that it won't get either of us anywhere to try and convert me.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:59 pm
Aufstandkind
I wouldn't take it seriously. It seems that Christians are forgetting that the message of their messiah was kindness and tolerance of others. It seems Jesus, if he existed (I think he did, but many don't) would be rolling in his grave after seeing what people have made of his words.

In the guild I moderate someone said something to the effect of "I wonder if Steve Irwin was a Christian" and an Athiestic girl replied that Athiests can love animals, too. He replied with "Well, most Athiests seem only to care about themselves". Frankly, it was offensive. At least he was intelligent and open to discussion, later apologising.

The supposed teachings of Chistianty is "love thy neighbor(sp?)" But as far as I can tell it's come down to "love thy Christain neighbor".

cup_noodles

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces