13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
sometimes
60%
 60%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 15

DeadBabyDoll

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:35 pm
What do you think of lower back tattoos on girls? I think they look kinda trashy, I've heard them are called " tramp stamps" or "stripper tattoos" or "a** hats"? I think WAY too many girls get them, I see them on about 1 out of 3 teen/twentyish girls. I don't think it looks good when you see ink and thong peeking out from a girls jeans.
what do you guys think?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:09 pm
baha, "tramp stamps".
Yeah, I personally think they look pretty trashy as well. If I had a back tattoo, it'd take up my whole back, and that'd be the reason why it's on my lower back. >_>
Other than that, I don't have a personal problem with the individual themselves getting it there, however I find tattoos less attractive in that area.

----------

{` K L i M || M i L K `}

Zombina Corpse
Captain

Bree-bunny

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:41 pm
I've never seen a girl with one, though I live in Utah, so that's probably why. I think if it looks good yes, but people who get a piercing just because a lot of people are, are stupid.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:45 am
I'm not fond of the area...but a tattoo can be cool there, it all depends on the tattoo, and why the individual got it.

I know someone who's husband was going overseas (military family). She had her husband dip his hand in ink, and make a handprint on a peice of paper. She took it into a tattoo parlor, and had his hand print put on the small of her back, because everytime they walked into a room together, that's where he'd put his hand...  

girl_omnipotent

DeadBabyDoll

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:36 pm
girl_omnipotent
I'm not fond of the area...but a tattoo can be cool there, it all depends on the tattoo, and why the individual got it.

I know someone who's husband was going overseas (military family). She had her husband dip his hand in ink, and make a handprint on a peice of paper. She took it into a tattoo parlor, and had his hand print put on the small of her back, because everytime they walked into a room together, that's where he'd put his hand...

I think that is a really sweet story, and that is a great tattoo.
What I don't like is every other teenage girl getting one there just to be 'cool'. I see them so often, it's not even funny. I know this girl who got a celtic design there without even knowing what it meant, because she thought it looked cool. It's like tribal designs and asian characters used to be, every other doofus who wanted to look hardcore got a tribal or asian tattoo even if they had no connections or personal meaning.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:46 pm
Well, it depends to me.
I personally believe you have to have the figure to be able to get a tat there.
If you have what I like to call "jelly rolls" or an "inner tube" then the tat's gonna look bad.....at least to me.
I haven't seen that many people get lower back tats. Around here, most girls who wanna be cool get them on their ankle. Yea, they get the little celtic designs and all that nifty shiznit. It pisses me off, but what am I gonna do? xp
I personally wouldn't get one there, mostly because I don't like my a**. I do not like showing it off, and although I wear hiphuggers(they're comfortable), I usually wear long shirts over them. However, if I achieve my goal of losing some fat off of that area, I might consider getting something there. It sounds kinda fun, and if anyone complains, I can just tell them to quit staring mrgreen  

2aetH

Myphisto

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:35 am
It can be nice, if you aren't to fat (dont mean to offent anyone)
and if the thing you choose for the tattoo looks nice.
But here in the netherlands it's kind of fashion to get in on you lower back.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:27 am
Lower back tattoos, to me, are sexy as hell. I honestly had no idea there was actually a stigma against them. Going into detail would require a bit of crass detail that would be innappropriate, but still...*drools*  

NuclearOops

Chojin9999

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:44 pm
Almost all of the servers where I work have one on their lower back. I guess around here it's real popular with late teens/early 20 people. And I dunno how much truth is behind this, but one of them didn't know where to get their tattoo done at, so when they asked the artist told them that during something like pregnancy, the lower back tends to be the place that stretches the least/not at all.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:43 pm
Like Nuc, I was not aware of a stigma against such tats. I've never heard of them referred to as "tramp stamps" or any other name at that. I happen to like the way they look on a person, barring it isn't the same typical piece of art (tribal or whatever else is considered "popular" of late.) I feel a tattoo can be a way of personal expression, and seeing the same styles over and over only stamps the word "sheep" on people to me. In looking into a piece of art, particularly on someone's skin, I want to be looking at a piece of the inner person. Doesn't matter where it is.  

Lividacious

Sparkly Genius

NuclearOops

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:44 pm
As eloquent as Pheonix was I feel compelled to mention that on women they are sexy and doggystylable.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:00 pm
NuclearOops
As eloquent as Pheonix was I feel compelled to mention that on women they are sexy and doggystylable.
LOL! Spoken from the true perspective of testosterone driven male hormones! xd  

Lividacious

Sparkly Genius

Adjective

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:05 pm
Personally, I would not get a lower back tattoo, but as long as the person is happy with their decision, it doesn't bother me a bit.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:07 pm
"a** hats" That one made me lol

I dunno, I kinda like 'em. They're kinda cute.

I just wish more guys would get them!!!! I think that is like THE sexiest thing when a guy has a lower back tattoo (And isn't completely gay) (I'm not flaming, just saying that gay guys are probably more likely to get one) I like hip tattoos too....XD But that's a different subject!

I might get one, but I'm not especially keen on the idea. As long as it's not some trashy saying like "Your Name Here" or something like that.

Crystal Farms Cheese

popcornsharingbox

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:11 pm
I would never get one because the bad connotation connected with them. I'd never live it down.

Plus, I just don't want one that badly.  
Tattoos

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces