Gaia's Official Body Modification Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Facial & Oral Piercings
Rejection >.> Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have /you/ ever had a rejected piercing?
  Yay.
  Nay.
  Mandatory 'other' option.
View Results

-Panty.Waste-

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:03 pm
I had my anti-eyebrow pierced.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I've had it pierced for about four or five months now, and it still hadn't healed, it was still spitting out junk. So finally lastnight, I was at work and they asked me to put a band aid over it, when I took it off it was so much worse. So I finally gave up, and took it out. It was my most favorite piercing I had. I thought it was so pretty and now it's gone.

Discuss:
Have you ever had to take a piercing out?
Rejected?
Mourning over piercings.
And the like.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:13 pm
They look like good, strong, big hands... don't they?

I haven't had a piercing reject, not even my eyebrow which took a lot of damage from the kids I babysat. I did eventually take it out though, and for months I felt empty without it.

I'm planning on getting my anti-eyebrow. If/when it rejects I don't know what I'll do...

Curious - did you get it done with a barbell (if so what gauge?) or a surface bar?
I couldn't hold on to them

`pidi[queer]

-Panty.Waste-

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:04 pm
Ianthina

I haven't had a piercing reject, not even my eyebrow which took a lot of damage from the kids I babysat. I did eventually take it out though, and for months I felt empty without it.

I'm planning on getting my anti-eyebrow. If/when it rejects I don't know what I'll do...

Curious - did you get it done with a barbell (if so what gauge?) or a surface bar?

I got it done at a place I don't regularly get piercings done at, and they pierced it with a barbell made for an eyebrow piercing. Mine rejected after like four months. I'm so sad about it. I feel naked. Everyone is shocked that I took it out.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:17 am
-Panty.Waste-
Ianthina

I got it done at a place I don't regularly get piercings done at, and they pierced it with a barbell made for an eyebrow piercing. Mine rejected after like four months. I'm so sad about it. I feel naked. Everyone is shocked that I took it out.

emotion_hug

No, really...I mean it. You deserve a hug. I know how hard things like that can be...

I thought as much...through my research piercings done with barbells (particularly 16g) seem more likely to reject than others.

`pidi[queer]

-Panty.Waste-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:13 pm
Ianthina
-Panty.Waste-
Ianthina

emotion_hug

No, really...I mean it. You deserve a hug. I know how hard things like that can be...

I thought as much...through my research piercings done with barbells (particularly 16g) seem more likely to reject than others.

Yeah, mine was done with a 14g. All my piercings are 14g. I think I'm going to have a dotted scar by my eye. Thank you for the hug. <3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:24 pm
I had my forward helix reject. I would check it everyday, and I could feel it getting more shallow each day. The cartilage wore away, so it was just skin in front of it. It met it's demise after I got my haircut, since my ear creases right where it was pierced when it's held forward. So I had to take it out before it made it's way all the way through. I was quite disheartened by that. Although I had it repierced in a less movement prone area that got abused less. I still have that one and it's doing fine now.  

Warninglv100
Crew

`pidi[queer]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:16 am
-Panty.Waste-
Ianthina
-Panty.Waste-
Ianthina

emotion_hug

Yeah, mine was done with a 14g. All my piercings are 14g. I think I'm going to have a dotted scar by my eye. Thank you for the hug. <3

Ah, I see. Well I'm sure you can get it redone.

And hugs are free, heart get them whenever you'd like

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:20 pm
I might get it re-pierced in a year or something. I want to get it re-pierced for maybe like a special occasion, or a celebration of something I guess.  

-Panty.Waste-

popcornsharingbox

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:35 pm
I had my anti-eyebrow piercing reject on me. It was a sad.....sad day when I had to take it out. sad I plan on getting it re pierced with something different than PTFE.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:21 pm
Is that you in your sig? If so than I love your piercings!! <333333333333

I almost cried. It was pretty brutal, my manager had to hug me and calm me down, of course he wanted to get me stoned, but I didn't.

-Panty.Waste-

[NUTs]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:40 am
oy. i've lost 2 eyebrow piercings to rejection (one after the other, had one, rejected, re-pireced, rejected, gave up) i was so bummed out sad now i'm oficialy over it though since eyebrow piercings around here are soooo overdone. also getting my lip pierced and having a facial piercing again (i don't count my nose since it's tiny and not so special) got me 100% over not having my eyebrow done anymore. it's a total bummer but hey you gotta expect it with surfaces  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:49 pm
Yep yep. That be me in my sig. My friend took the picture for her photography class. biggrin

Turns out my navel piercing is rejecting. So sad.. :shrug: Not a big deal though. I wasn't to hyped about getting it in the first place. It was just a "why not?" piercing. I changed out the jewelry too soon and pissed it off, I guess. Damn finicky navel piercings.

As long as my bridge piercing doesn't reject, I won't have to kill people..  

popcornsharingbox

-Panty.Waste-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:56 pm
@ [NUTs] : Oh that sucks. I want to get my lip pierced but I'm not quite sure if I should do it. There needs to be a program where you can have your pic and then put a fake piercing in a spot to help me make up my mind. Like a picture, with add ons, well I guess you could do that in Paint, but I suck. Sorry, rambling.

@ ~Eurydice~ : I've seena few navel piercings reject, and it's no fun. Mine got infected two months in and I had to change it to a barbell. It's fine now, just some scarring. I like mine because I think it makes me look skinnier, it attracts the eye to the center of my round lil belleh. I love your bridge piercing. It's hott.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:24 am
Bridge piercing started rejecting. Took it out. :sigh:

No worries. I'll get it redone later.  

popcornsharingbox

[NUTs]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:40 pm
-Panty.Waste-
@ [NUTs] : Oh that sucks. I want to get my lip pierced but I'm not quite sure if I should do it. There needs to be a program where you can have your pic and then put a fake piercing in a spot to help me make up my mind. Like a picture, with add ons, well I guess you could do that in Paint, but I suck. Sorry, rambling.

heh i did that actualy before i did my lip. and my eyebrow, i just took MS paint, took the paint brush tool, the circles (wtv size u want) and put them where i figured the piercing would go. i knew i was getting a horseshoe on my lip so i put 2 dots and a bit of a line, but if you want a cbr, just make a dot and draw a curved line on either side. really does help in your decision 3nodding i also did it for my ear XD to decide weather i wanted 2 helixes in between my industrial points, or 3. but then i di dmy lip instead and never got the helixes but fyi, i decided on 3 *someday* XD  
Facial & Oral Piercings

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff