Yeah, but I hate it!
  No, but I'd like to read it!
  No, and I don't plan to read it!
  Neutral Zone...Zen, maaaan!
View Results

Sunny Teddy
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:14 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Twilight has to be the best vampire story I've ever read! It's so awesome, so I'm glad I could make a thread about it, you know?! xD

Plot:
Isabella Swan was your average seventeen-year-old living the life of a girl who's divorced parents lived far away from each other. One day, she decided to move to Forks, where her dad lived, from Phoenix, where her mom lived. Upon doing so, she attended a new high school and it took her a while to get used to it. There was one group of kids she'd grown fascinated with, however, and they were very distant from the rest. It was the Cullens. Finally, she took the initiative to talk to one of them, and found out something very private about the group, who was actually an adopted family. They were all [Dun, dun, duuuunnn...] vampires.

Genre: Romance and Action/Adventure. Kind of on the Fantasy side.

Other Information: This is only the first book of the soon-to-be trilogy. The next books, in order, are New Moon and Eclipse. The latter is not yet released.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:33 pm
I loved both Twilight and New Moon and I can't wait for Eclipse. I want Edward's point-of-view. The first chapter on her site, was super cute! Edward is suprisingly funny!

meimei-chan

DeniedUltraSex
Vice Captain

1,925 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:12 pm
OMG. D:<
I begged my mom to get me it...
But then she went and forgot what it's called. XD
My friend read it, but I think she got it from uhhh, the library?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:35 pm
sounds interesting. it's a book book not manga right?
i get confuse easily...  

[Hatsuki]
Vice Captain

2,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Somei Yoshino
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:35 pm
gonk I've been dieing to read that book, but I'm broke gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:15 pm

You must all read it or face the wrath or Ranningu! xD

@ Hatsuki: Yeah, it's a book...as in chapters...with a hard cover...xD; Let's see...how can I differentiate between a book and a manga. -long pause- Ah! It has lots of words! xD

Sunny Teddy
Vice Captain

[Hatsuki]
Vice Captain

2,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:28 pm
lol...maybe no pictures? i'll try finding this book  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:10 pm
ranningu

Twilight has to be the best vampire story I've ever read! It's so awesome, so I'm glad I could make a thread about it, you know?! xD

Plot:
Isabella Swan was your average seventeen-year-old living the life of a girl who's divorced parents lived far away from each other. One day, she decided to move to Forks, where her dad lived, from Phoenix, where her mom lived. Upon doing so, she attended a new high school and it took her a while to get used to it. There was one group of kids she'd grown fascinated with, however, and they were very distant from the rest. It was the Cullens. Finally, she took the initiative to talk to one of them, and found out something very private about the group, who was actually an adopted family. They were all [Dun, dun, duuuunnn...] vampires.

Genre: Romance and Action/Adventure. Kind of on the Fantasy side.

Other Information: This is only the first book of the soon-to-be trilogy. The next books, in order, are New Moon and Eclipse. The latter is not yet released.

Is the two later books are as good as the first one?  

Somei Yoshino
Crew

Jasmic

Shy Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:44 pm
There's actually four parts to it, at least that's the news as of right now. The fourth book is called "Breaking Dawn."

I think it's safe to say that if you look at my Myspace, Lifejournal, and gaia profiles, not to mention all the Stephenie Meyer-related guilds I've joined so far (that's right; so far), I love the book.

Oh goodness...If you haven't read New Moon yet and are an easy crybaby, get a a box of tissues at the ready at least before you hit Chapter Three.

P.S. I come bearing gifts.

User ImageUser Image User Image

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:35 pm

Four parts?! Really?! Yeeees!

Oh. My. God. No way! Are those for real?! Like, are they really of Twilight?! Must save and email them to friends~! 0.o

Sunny Teddy
Vice Captain

Jasmic

Shy Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:17 pm
Heh...I was actually going over the Myspace Q&A I printed out a long time ago and found something...

It seems Stephenie Meyer wants for there to be at least six or seven novels in the series, but she was hinting around definitely five. She was talking about Charlie meeting someone and having a rival, and that it was strictly novel "4/5" material.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:28 pm
Why is the book so big?
I went out and bought it yesterday. :3
I got a cool gift card for the book store.
So I thought I should use it.

AWE! I like how Edward's all like, "I-like-you-but-I-can't-really-show-it". :3 heart
I'm not even at the part where she finds out about him being a vampire. D':

DeniedUltraSex
Vice Captain

1,925 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Sunny Teddy
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:52 pm
DeniedUltraSex
Why is the book so big?
I went out and bought it yesterday. :3
I got a cool gift card for the book store.
So I thought I should use it.

AWE! I like how Edward's all like, "I-like-you-but-I-can't-really-show-it". :3 heart
I'm not even at the part where she finds out about him being a vampire. D':

Yes! A follower! xD

I dunno why, but I just love the way you phrased that. xD It'd be hilarious if he actually said it that way. So...who's your favorite character so far?! You just gotta have one because...you just do! xD Mine's somebody I'm pretty sure you haven't really encountered much so far...

Go Emmet! xD

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:43 pm
i finally found the book in the library, will read it soon~

though i hope it is the same book, btw, who's the author?  

[Hatsuki]
Vice Captain

2,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Dinosaur Boo
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:33 pm

Yes. The best book in the world thanks to me for forcing you to read it. xD

[Vista Ville] - Miscellaneous Vampires

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]