Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Chinese historical drama's Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Beixuelong

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:25 am
Hey,

I know there's probably a topic already with similar intend, but I just couldn't find one after a quick checking.

I'm curious to know whether there are any *good* Chinese historical drama's around?

I mean tv-series that are historically (mostly) correct biographies of significant people in a drama form. I've been watching some Japanese series of this nature, like the ones about Yoshitsune and Musashi. However, all the Chinese historical series seem to be either completely made up, or have strong fictional (even sci-fi/fantasy/paranormal) aspects to them. sweatdrop

So, could someone please help me out here. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:33 pm
umm.. journey to the west (monkey king) its fantasy based on a book.. and is pretty historical.. its about a journey.. and is about buddhist stuff.. the people in there have magical powers and stuff like that..  

blossoming-angel

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:46 pm
I know alot, because most historical chinese dramas, are based on true stories...but I can't remember the names, but I'll try to find them again...  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:30 am
blossoming_angel
umm.. journey to the west (monkey king) its fantasy based on a book.. and is pretty historical.. its about a journey.. and is about buddhist stuff.. the people in there have magical powers and stuff like that..

Yeah, I've heard about to book, and about the story in general. Even if it had some magical powers and stuff, I might still be interested in it just because of the story. wink

Do you know the official name of the series?  

Beixuelong

Beixuelong

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:37 am
xXHotBabiBluXx
I know alot, because most historical chinese dramas, are based on true stories...but I can't remember the names, but I'll try to find them again...

Oh, please try to remember even just one! whee

However, as little super natural as possible. wink  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:53 am
Beixuelong
blossoming_angel

Yeah, I've heard about to book, and about the story in general. Even if it had some magical powers and stuff, I might still be interested in it just because of the story. wink

in chinese: 西游记 i dont noe the english translation because i had all these different translations.. um wat the china mainland one, its the best version. oh yeah another one, but i dont noe if its all non-fiction based but the its really good tho, the warriors of the yang dynasty, 杨家将. and the another one that poped up, 康熙大帝/康希皇帝 a non-fiction drama series, based on the time qin dynasty, kang xi reined. you learn alot from watching it. wink  

blossoming-angel

Beixuelong

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:32 am
blossoming_angel

in chinese: 西游记 i dont noe the english translation because i had all these different translations.. um wat the china mainland one, its the best version. oh yeah another one, but i dont noe if its all non-fiction based but the its really good tho, the warriors of the yang dynasty, 杨家将. and the another one that poped up, 康熙大帝/康希皇帝 a non-fiction drama series, based on the time qin dynasty, kang xi reined. you learn alot from watching it. wink

Awesome!! Thanks a lot!! whee
Once I get back to Hong Kong, I'll try to find some of those and have a look! Yeay! xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:44 am
Beixuelong
blossoming_angel

Awesome!! Thanks a lot!! whee
Once I get back to Hong Kong, I'll try to find some of those and have a look! Yeay! xd

its alriteo. oh yeah for 西游记 dont buy the hong-kong version. its not as good as the mainland-chinese version and isnt purely based from the book. if you want more, just PM me i think of some.. cool wink  

blossoming-angel

Legendary_ONE

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:51 am
Try "Romance of Three Kingdoms" (Chinese: 三国演义) if you haven't done so already. The book itself is acclaimed as one of the Four Great Classical Novels of Chinese literate. And in my opinion, the TV series that was based on it is just as awesome. While the drama sticked to the original plot, the screenwriters took the time to translate the 14th century Chinese (which was used to write the novel) into a more modern form that is much easier to understand.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:59 am
Legendary_ONE
Try "Romance of Three Kingdoms" (Chinese: 三国演义) if you haven't done so already. The book itself is acclaimed as one of the Four Great Classical Novels of Chinese literate. And in my opinion, the TV series that was based on it is just as awesome. While the drama sticked to the original plot, the screenwriters took the time to translate the 14th century Chinese (which was used to write the novel) into a more modern form that is much easier to understand.

so ish 西游记~ ish that tha correct translation too? cuz thats the translation for TANK's 三国恋, i watched a cartoon verison of it, sortta easier to understand but i dont really like tha story` the otha two classics are 红楼梦 (dunno translation) and umm.. 水浒传 (dunno translation either).  

blossoming-angel

Legendary_ONE

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:37 am
blossoming_angel
Legendary_ONE

so ish 西游记~ ish that tha correct translation too? cuz thats the translation for TANK's 三国恋, i watched a cartoon verison of it, sortta easier to understand but i dont really like tha story` the otha two classics are 红楼梦 (dunno translation) and umm.. 水浒传 (dunno translation either).

Here are the commonly used trasnlations:

三国演义 - Romance of the Three Kingdoms
水浒传 - Water Margin
西游记 - Journey to the West
红楼梦 - Dream of the Red Chamber

And what exactly is "TANK?" sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:42 am
Legendary_ONE

Awesome! smile
I'll have a go at that as well once I have the chance! Thanks! whee  

Beixuelong

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:54 pm
A Conquerer's Story by TVB is a really good one, its base on a true historical event too... 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:56 pm
blossoming_angel
Beixuelong
blossoming_angel

Hmmm sounds interesting... smile  

Xiao_Hoa

hip2b^2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:23 pm
blossoming_angel

I love that series!!

srry I can't really think of any;; Umm what about
THe Legend of the Condor Hero??

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out