Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
~*Official Anime/Manga/Etc. Thread.*~ Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Japanese Entertainment Media!
  I like it.
  I love it.
  I want some more of it.
  I try so hard, I can't rise above it.
  Dont know what it is 'bout that little gals lovin,
  But I like it, I love it, I want some more of it.
View Results

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:13 am
WELCOME!

I figured if I was gunna post an anime pic, they were gunna be drunk.

User Image

I think you get the picture, but for those of you who like to be spoon fed: This thread for people to discuss and debate issues that pertains to Anime, Manga, Comics in general, or any cartoon that you like.

I'll start us off. I am a big fan of Megatokyo, although I think that it has strayed far from it original premise as parodying stereotypes of video gamers, anime, manga to being a stereotypical manga. I still like it, it's just weird how much it's changed.

On the anime front, I loved Last EXILE. It gets a lot of guff, but it's still my favorite. Also, I love Drawn Together. Racism, sexism, or another offensive -ism is damn funny when it's done right, and Drawn Together does it right.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:45 am
Anime is alright, I guess. I use to be a huge anime nut but I guess grew out of it. My favorite animation series were probably Ghost in the Shell and Wolf's Rain. And movies? Probably Jin Roh and Princess Mononoke.

Favorite mangas and comics, I'd guess Y: The Last Man, and Chobits. Anything written by Vaughan and Whedon are in my books.  

TofuDreamer

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:51 am
Theramus
Anime is alright, I guess. I use to be a huge anime nut but I guess grew out of it. My favorite animation series were probably Ghost in the Shell and Wolf's Rain. And movies? Probably Jin Roh and Princess Mononoke.

Favorite mangas and comics, I'd guess Y: The Last Man, and Chobits. Anything written by Vaughan and Whedon are in my books.

I liked "Princess Mononoke" so much I baught it (I rarely buy anime). But then, I'm kind of a sucker for fantasy that's based in 15th century Japan: Inuyahsa. redface  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:21 am
Inu-YA-sha?! Lyk omg! I like manga. <3 to the yaoi bois! What what? Ye~ah!

And... Naruto... Ugh. Don't get me started. I also like games. Like Kingdom Hearts.

My friend and I were looking at her anime collection and reminiscing about highschool and all the fun times we had watching things like "Legend of Lemnear" and "Sakura Diaries". Lemme tell you this much chillens, if your naieve, adorable and under 18, DUN WATCH THOSE!

This service announcement has been brought to you by: *doo~doo~doo* The Late Night Caffiene Providers, Bengay, Hard Gay and Coca-Cola.

Hardo Gay! Fuu~

.... >.> ..... <.< *coughcough* *wobbles off for bed. Fer rills this time, foo*  

PickleBoy

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:45 am
PickleBoy
Inu-YA-sha?! Lyk omg! I like manga. <3 to the yaoi bois! What what? Ye~ah!

And... Naruto... Ugh. Don't get me started. I also like games. Like Kingdom Hearts.

My friend and I were looking at her anime collection and reminiscing about highschool and all the fun times we had watching things like "Legend of Lemnear" and "Sakura Diaries". Lemme tell you this much chillens, if your naieve, adorable and under 18, DUN WATCH THOSE!

This service announcement has been brought to you by: *doo~doo~doo* The Late Night Caffiene Providers, Bengay, Hard Gay and Coca-Cola.

Hardo Gay! Fuu~

.... >.> ..... <.< *coughcough* *wobbles off for bed. Fer rills this time, foo*

I like Naruto, but the stories take for ******** ever to develope.

I (capital L) Love kingdom hearts. I actually just beat part 2 a week ago.

I heard Sakura Diaries was odd or was that Excel Saga.
question  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:17 am
Back to the ages of power, it's time for us to learn
One day it's far too late, too late for a return

Has anyone seen or heard of Dead Leaves?

It is my favorite anime ever.

I also love Excel Saga, and I read Naruto (manga) up through where Rock is introduced, and lost interest.

(I only got into Naruto after playing a pirated copy of the Gamecube game, and Zabuza just seemed awesome to me. So I read the manga, found out he died really early into it, and lost interest after a while.)

The only anime or manga I want right now is Hellsing. I'll probably borrow a copy next time I see a friend who has it.

Arise from the cower, from the day on we have learned
It's high time to break the spell, that's chaining up the world

+Gloria Domini+

+Gloria Domini+

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:18 am
Dathu
I heard Sakura Diaries was odd or was that Excel Saga. question

Never heard of the former, but I can tell you from experience that Excel Saga is very odd.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:49 pm
+Gloria Domini+

Has anyone seen or heard of Dead Leaves?

It is my favorite anime ever.

I also love Excel Saga, and I read Naruto (manga) up through where Rock is introduced, and lost interest.

(I only got into Naruto after playing a pirated copy of the Gamecube game, and Zabuza just seemed awesome to me. So I read the manga, found out he died really early into it, and lost interest after a while.)

The only anime or manga I want right now is Hellsing. I'll probably borrow a copy next time I see a friend who has it.

The only one that I'm familiar with is "Hellsing." I saw the first several episodes, but never finished due to lack of availability. It seemed pretty cool thought will I was watching it though.  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:51 pm
Am I pathetic? I don't watch Anime. I can't seem to get myself into it. It bores me to death.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:54 pm
Sanguvixen
Am I pathetic? I don't watch Anime. I can't seem to get myself into it. It bores me to death.

Nah, you're better off. I'm surprised though, about how many people really aren't in to it. I figured anyone on Gaia got here from their interest in anime. Though, I guess that wasn't a good assumtion considering that I discovered it from web surfing. Oh well. sweatdrop  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

+Gloria Domini+

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:58 pm
Dathu
Sanguvixen

Nah, you're better off. I'm surprised though, about how many people really aren't in to it. I figured anyone on Gaia got here from their interest in anime. Though, I guess that wasn't a good assumtion considering that I discovered it from web surfing. Oh well. sweatdrop

I didn't like anime at all when I joined up back in '04; a young gal in an art class told me I should join, so I did.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:16 am
Dathu
Sanguvixen

Gaia online is supposed to be a place for those who like Anime and Role-playing but it has evolved to something more than that. It is a good place to meet friends, chat, and discuss things. That is why I joined Gaia.

I don't know...Anime just never really interested me. When I was like 12 or 13 I would watch DBZ with my brother's but even then it was quite boring, and the story-line repetitive and stagnent.

My friends tried to get me into Anime but it never quite worked. If I have time to watch a japanese cartoon, then I have time to play a video-game and video-games are much more fun to waste time on then Anime...at least to me.

Sanguvixen

AnonymouZ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:14 am
That Battle Royale manga was THE s**t. Seriously. Naruto's is also butt-kicking awesomest s**t too. But, Hellsing just owns them all. I hate it when comic books like those spawn off awful anime series. Love Hina is just SO ******** funny i couldn't read that in public without making people laugh their asses off by hearing me laugh my a** off. (no i usually DON'T read in public places, but the bus stop is as good as any other "public place"... right?)  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:17 am
Anonymouz
That Battle Royale manga was THE s**t. Seriously. Naruto's is also butt-kicking awesomest s**t too. But, Hellsing just owns them all. I hate it when comic books like those spawn off awful anime series. Love Hina is just SO ******** funny i couldn't read that in public without making people laugh their asses off by hearing me laugh my a** off. (no i usually DON'T read in public places, but the bus stop is as good as any other "public place"... right?)

Is the "Battle Royale" manga you're talking about the one that's based of Koushun Takami's novel "Battle Royale" about Jr. High kids that have to kill each other? If so, is it any good, cause the movie wasn't all that good compared to the book. If not, never mind. mrgreen  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

AnonymouZ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:20 am
Dathu
Anonymouz

Is the "Battle Royale" manga you're talking about the one that's based of Koushun Takami's novel "Battle Royale" about Jr. High kids that have to kill each other? If so, is it any good, cause the movie wasn't all that good compared to the book. If not, never mind. mrgreen

Dude, it's so good... i can't even THINK of any adjectives that make it justice. I mean... hotdammnit, jr high kids killing each other never seemed so right. aaand i usually don't advocate that kind of behaviour. But to answer your question. Yes. domokun  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff