Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Money Money Moolah! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How much do you spend?
  Yeah, if I even have anything to spend at all. >__>
  Pfft...Like I remember.
  Meh, not alot, like you said. I don't like to spend money.
  I don't spend money; I spend Gaia Gold! (xP I'm a little reluctant to spend Gaia Gold myself a bit too, actually.)
  Why spend when you can save? >D
View Results

JhonnyRaincloud

Dapper Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:56 pm
I can't spell moolah! =D

It seems to me that alot of Chinese people, or maybe even Asians, don't like to spend alot of their money. I mean, do you? I saved up a couple hundred...Okay, maybe a little more then three, so that's not much, but I never spent it unless I have to.

What do you think? My parents say most Asians/Chinese don't like spending that much money if they don't have to. ^^;;

You?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:24 pm
Well, I belong to a rather thrifty family as well. We don't really spend much except on basic food and other supplies, which unfortunately we need in large quanitities because we fun a business. As for me, I too don't spend that much. I usually save half to three quarters of the current working income I earn, and the only things I buy are like dvds and mangas. I don't even have a bloody Ipod! Can you imagine that? eek xd rofl  

Minielf

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:03 pm
Eh...I like spending money, but only when the time is right to spend it...also, not to boast, my family is quite averagely normal rich?, especially my grandma, after my grandpa die, leaving all those money...$.$ Also, I don't need much money, so, when I get paid, which is like only $300 bucks, I give $250 of my check to my parents.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:31 pm
hmm well my family isn't rich and it sucks, but I can tolerate it... once I get a job it won't be such a friggin problem. Anyway as for Asians not spending too much money... hmm well I guess that right in some respects, but I do have a friend who is Asian and spends heaps of money, only because he can, but he's a saver as well.  

-LittleDuckatBigpond-

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:38 pm
Jazu-chan
hmm well my family isn't rich and it sucks, but I can tolerate it... once I get a job it won't be such a friggin problem. Anyway as for Asians not spending too much money... hmm well I guess that right in some respects, but I do have a friend who is Asian and spends heaps of money, only because he can, but he's a saver as well.

So your friend likes to save money, but his parents spend money alot? Becuase I actually like saving more than spending, but if I can spend it, I will do so. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:53 pm
erm.. my friend thinks asians are abit money tight.. but i seem to prove her wrong in a case.. my family isnt rich.. but i dont need save up money for a living or sumfing.. xd i get to get practically everything i need so wats the point of really saving up? when i need money, i just go and ask my parents.. but for my nano, i hafta pay for myself so thats the only reason im saving up now... sweatdrop  

blossoming-angel

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:09 pm
blossoming_angel
erm.. my friend thinks asians are abit money tight.. but i seem to prove her wrong in a case.. my family isnt rich.. but i dont need save up money for a living or sumfing.. xd i get to get practically everything i need so wats the point of really saving up? when i need money, i just go and ask my parents.. but for my nano, i hafta pay for myself so thats the only reason im saving up now... sweatdrop

Nano? You talking about iPods right? xd I'm like are vyou saying nana or nano...  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:09 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I only spend my money on candy and stuff I badly want and are at good prices =B

So I rarely spend large amounts of money =/

I'm planning to buy a 1GB MP3 player for £20

But then again, I also want an MP4 or an iPod >______>;;;;

` T a p i o c a `

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:09 am
` T a p i o c a `
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I only spend my money on candy and stuff I badly want and are at good prices =B

So I rarely spend large amounts of money =/

I'm planning to buy a 1GB MP3 player for £20

But then again, I also want an MP4 or an iPod >______>;;;;

Wow, iPods are around the world now, eh... cool  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:59 am
BLEH! I don't want a IPod cause people will kill you here if they want to steal one 0__0 I rarely ever spend money.. My dad gives me money for my lunch (Yes, my dad gives me money for lunch -__-) but I don't use it mainly cause I don't eat lunch.. Even when I'm hungry.. And my Chinese New Years money gets neatly tucked away in my bank account.  

xDuckie

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:34 pm
xDuckie
BLEH! I don't want a IPod cause people will kill you here if they want to steal one 0__0 I rarely ever spend money.. My dad gives me money for my lunch (Yes, my dad gives me money for lunch -__-) but I don't use it mainly cause I don't eat lunch.. Even when I'm hungry.. And my Chinese New Years money gets neatly tucked away in my bank account.

People beat people up for iPods? I got 2 shuffles stolen and 2 nanos stolen as well in school. ninja  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:42 pm
Well, after the unfortunate demise of my Mini I'm getting a Nano for my birthday.. which is in two months..

..as for spending money - I try not to spend too much, my parents usually pay for clothes and stuff but I buy all the random things like stationery and books and whatnot.. spending more money now than before, feel quite guilty.. it's all bus fares and Starbucks and books! D:

I guess it's because I used to think of my family as 'fairly poor but not very' [actually we were really poor when we were in Scotland] but now somehow we're.. not poor any more.. and I feel guilty still spending money even though it's okay.. but I don't want to turn into someone who's really free with money 'cause then I'll never survive at university.. @__@;;

Sorry for the massive post.

Niphz
Crew

draven_heart

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:56 pm
I tend to spend a lot of money, or maybe its just me. I don't know, I do know that I tend to feel guilty after a spend a lot. lol  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:55 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I was raised to not use money wastefully, so I won't spend money on something I think is useless, even if someone else is offering to pay for it. gonk

I'm too young to have a job though anyway. D:

a polka dot

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:02 pm

Tosh can get an iPod.

The green one~

But she's too cheap 'cos she already has a MP3.

Story time:

My neighbours are really poor. They couldn't afford their phonebill this month. o-o She came over to our house to use the phone.

So you figure it'd be like some emergency right. But no-o. She came over to order pizza. >.>

My parents are so cheap, they'd probably never asked for delivery in their entire life time. While my neighbours, who can't even pay for phone service, askes for one. D:

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff