Submit

%
  Yin
  Yang
View Results

Squallette

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:05 pm
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/45017410/

I did this about a month ago and I am looking for critiques, especially on anatomy, so if you would, please? :]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:57 pm
I love those flowers and little details behind the girls! The idea of Alice and a dead girl representing yin and yang is really original, too. Strange but interesting! heart
On anatomy...the hands look off. Alice's hand should probably be less curved, and the dead girl's hand should have a larger flat hand area (the part on the other side of the palm--can't think of what to call it) compared to the fingers.
I hope that helps!  

xtoo many unicornsx

Hayami_kiri

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:27 pm
Im going to critique it so I apologize ahead of time if it offends you. The yang part of the picture looks a lot better then the yin. Now if you really want to get technical they should be equal as in they look the same but opposite spirit. Another thing is the proportions on the bodys need some work try drawing circles and ovals before you draw the outlines of the person it helped me it just takes a little getting used to but it gets your proportions perfect. Something that really caugt my eye was the lips on the yin character i really dont think someones lips can be that big unless your a bratz doll. And lastly i love the backgrounds you gave them such as the flowers and thorns. Keep up the good work! I hope i helped you without offending you! wink  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:32 pm
Heres some tutorials to help you out.

http://www.mangatutorials.com/  

Hayami_kiri

Auroreia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:04 pm
Okay, critique...because you asked for it.

Given that Alice's arm is bent it shouldn't come down that far. When a person chooses a static standing pose the elbow will generally line up with the belly button, the wrist with the crotch, and the tips of the fingers halfway doen the thigh (when straight). If an arm is bent, those references shift, in this case upward.

Alice's hand is kind of scaring me, since her fingers seems to be getting longer toward her pinky.

Alice's hair somehow seems stiff to me, but it may just be me.

Alice also seems to have very little chin... the entire face seems a bit too low on her head.

I can't see death girl quite as well, but I like her dress. The thorns and flowers, colors and blackness, are nice contrasts; they make the picture interesting.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:37 am
i agree with the fact that alice is a little off other than that it's really good.  

AesopsFabled

The_Master_of_Meep

3,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:47 pm
very nice work  
The Anime Art Academy

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash