Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
November Contest - Guild Website Layout Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gonna enter?
Hell yeah!
50%
 50%  [ 4 ]
Maybe, if I get some inspiration...
50%
 50%  [ 4 ]
Nah, I'm too lazy XD
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

Chisa
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:37 am
This months subject is a guild website layout.

Specifications
Design the main page of the guild site, as a picture. No coding is necessary; this is to let less techy members have a go too. Try to include space for new updates, space for links to articles, some kind of navigation, space for a 'member of the month' thing.

Personally, I'd prefer to see original illustrations or photography rather than some anime character featured in the layout (and I think it would better reflect the nature of our guild), but hey, thats just me.

For more ideas, take a look at the Guild Website Suggestion Thread.

Submissions are due by the end of Wednesday, 1st December. A poll will be run to decide the winner.

The Prize
I'm gonna try and get hold of a November 2004 letter for this; contact me if you have a prize you would like to donate

Rules
1. You may submit as many entries as you like.
2. Entries submitted after the closing date will not be in the running for the prize.
3. I shouldn't have to say this, but please no inappropriate or unoriginal material.

Post your submissions here, and also feel free to discuss any ideas you might have. If you have any suggestions for future contests, please suggest them here.

Good luck to everyone! I know this is a tough one, but I'd like to see more entries than last month!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:30 pm
Yay!! This will be fun!!! I hope a lot of people enter; I know that my mind can visualize website layouts better than, say, a mascot. I'd try to think about it, and I just couldn't even come up with anything!

Good luck everyone!! xd  

SilverVixen
Vice Captain

Raine Dragon

Sparkling Dragon

18,890 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:58 pm
yay! I am all done! here is
My Layout. It uses photos I took and if you would like I can add a link to a coded version so that it is not so hard to see what it will look like done. I don't know if that is against the rules or not though, so I won't post it untill some one tells me one way or annother. Anyways, it is made for 800x600 or larger and it will not scroll left to right in 800x600 if it is coded correctly (it does now because the browser adds space on all sides of the image file ^_^)

try this if the link won't work: http://pictures.greatestjournal.com/userimg/2383608/615848

:edit: just a note, the text that is on the sample (i.e. member of the month, navigation.. and the dividing bars, are not on the base image, I just added them to break down the blank empty sections a bit.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:42 pm
Thats excellent! Code isn't necessary, but if you've done it, feel free to post it anyway.

My submission isn't gonna be until late in the month; my exams finish on the 12th xp But then freedom after that! For 10 days until I start doing full time work experience xp  

Chisa
Vice Captain

SilverVixen
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:36 pm
Just wanted to bump this thread to the top so people could see it easier... I'll be working on my layout.... biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:36 pm
14 days left! I'm still working on mine; has anybody else started, or planning to? It would be nice to have a few entries sweatdrop  

Chisa
Vice Captain

Chisa
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:46 pm
It is done! My entry

Slightly half hearted attepmt in some parts sweatdrop If we end up going with this design, we could come up with a better top banner, and the middle bit would have links to all the articles for that month, and that middle bit could feature a different member's artwork or photography each month (that one there is one of my recent pieces I had around). I know I can make it better but um... too many other things to do at the mo. Enjoy!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:43 am
Chisa
It is done! My entry

Slightly half hearted attepmt in some parts sweatdrop If we end up going with this design, we could come up with a better top banner, and the middle bit would have links to all the articles for that month, and that middle bit could feature a different member's artwork or photography each month (that one there is one of my recent pieces I had around). I know I can make it better but um... too many other things to do at the mo. Enjoy!

Wow I love this its nice and clean, and has a thing going. The banner is nice too but maybe the actual Gaian Graphic Design Guild thing should be bigger or should just say GGDG... also your picture suggests that the website is an ezine. Lol did I miss that or did we decide that it was going to be that.

I actually think its a relly cool idea to do an ezine for graphic design, we can have an issue every month or so, different articles, gallery for the month, and each member would be chosen at random to do the cover, or the member doing the main storry would put something up about that.

I'm excited lol  

Poma

Chisa
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:03 pm
Poma
Chisa
It is done! My entry

Wow I love this its nice and clean, and has a thing going. The banner is nice too but maybe the actual Gaian Graphic Design Guild thing should be bigger or should just say GGDG... also your picture suggests that the website is an ezine. Lol did I miss that or did we decide that it was going to be that.

I actually think its a relly cool idea to do an ezine for graphic design, we can have an issue every month or so, different articles, gallery for the month, and each member would be chosen at random to do the cover, or the member doing the main storry would put something up about that.

I'm excited lol
Heheh thanks! Yeah, the ezine kinda thing was what I was going for for this site, I think it'll make it more interesting, automatically give us a deadline for articles.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:09 pm
nice entries there....if i get some inspiratoins..and free tiem..i'll give it a shot

by da way..can i use a character that u drew?

here's mine entry...hope u guys like it.  

Darkshrimp

Chisa
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:05 pm
Darkshrimp
nice entries there....if i get some inspiratoins..and free tiem..i'll give it a shot

by da way..can i use a character that u drew?

here's mine entry...hope u guys like it.
Wooo thanks for the entry! I don't mind you using my character, since you gave me credit for it 3nodding

More entries! More!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:50 am
2 days left... ENTER NOW! DOMO COMMANDS YOU! domokun  

Chisa
Vice Captain

Panther Nightwind

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:32 am
Chisa

i'm working on it.....i'm working on it sweatdrop I finally got dreamweaver downloaded....had to wait for my friend to be on when i was in order to finish the downloading process and then i had to delete over 1500+ files in order to use it crying but i have all day tomorrow and *crosses fingers* i'll have dreamweaver figured out and actually get it to do what i want becasue right now it ain't doing the pics, background, text etc. correctly. cry

oh and i'm on hte pacific coast...right now its 2:36 am xd and i need sleepage...but yeah midnight for you may be earlier for you than it is for me......will that be a problem??  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:50 am
Panther Nightwind
Chisa

i'm working on it.....i'm working on it sweatdrop I finally got dreamweaver downloaded....had to wait for my friend to be on when i was in order to finish the downloading process and then i had to delete over 1500+ files in order to use it crying but i have all day tomorrow and *crosses fingers* i'll have dreamweaver figured out and actually get it to do what i want becasue right now it ain't doing the pics, background, text etc. correctly. cry

oh and i'm on hte pacific coast...right now its 2:36 am xd and i need sleepage...but yeah midnight for you may be earlier for you than it is for me......will that be a problem??
I go by the Gaia time, but since there are so few entries, if you submit it a few hours late, it won't be a problem 3nodding  

Chisa
Vice Captain

Panther Nightwind

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:20 pm
boo ya baby xd I've got it done domokun

http://www.angelfire.com/falcon/panther_nightwind/GGDG.html

this is just a format for the front page....you can check out my other site at:
http://www.angelfire.com/falcon/wolfmaiden/ <--major updating needed as soon as i'm able to get password back sweatdrop but is still really good considering i was 15 when i did it heart

i would like to apologize for the music in the background....i was home all day and all alone.....with only this page to do xd  
The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff