Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
DISCUSSION TIME! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think?
  You ticked me off because I hate her!
  I completely agree!
View Results

Mrs DelaRosa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:28 pm
While surfing the forums in this guild I have noticed that a lot of people hate Serena/Usagi/Sailor Moon. The majority of these people hate her because she is clumsy, bad in school, and is a crybaby. Many of these people bitterly hate her! With a passion! I respect everyone’s opinions and I won’t say that anyone is wrong and I trust that everyone here won’t hate me and claim that I am wrong.
I love Usagi/etc. She is so compassionate and strong! She is friendly, funny, nice, caring, strong, loving, trustworthy, and so on. In every battle she is the one that wins! She is the reason the Earth is saved! Of course she get tons of help from the other Sailors, ultimately, she is the one that does it! First season: she used all her power to defeat Beryl (but only with the help with the Sailors) and as she was dying she used her last wish to save the world and all of her friends. Second season: she risked her life to save Chibi-Usa from killing herself as Dark Lady. She jumped in the way of countless attacks to save the Earth and the future! Season three: She didn’t give up when everyone else did. She brought Hotaru back despite Neptune and Uranus’ protests! She jumped in after Sailor Saturn to fight the great evil and still survived with the new baby Hotaru! Season four: She jumped off ascending ruble to save Chibi-Usa and even managed to bring her back to wakefulness to save the world and themselves! Season five: When Chaos fully takes over Galaxia, she knows that the good Galaxia is gone. She gives herself up and offers her forgiveness. With the power of the crystal she forever seals away evil Chaos and saves Galaxia, the fallen Sailor Senshi, Mamoru, and the world!
She is a great person!
How can you hate her?
If you knew someone who had these characteristics, but was clumsy, bad in school, and a cry baby, would you hate them?
I strongly believe that a lot of these people (possibly not all of them) only hate her because they want to be different.
What do you think?!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:51 pm
I don't get why people hate her so much, either. She's not my favorite character, but I don't have anything against her, either. Without her there wouldn't be a show called Sailor Moon. It's have to be called something else.  

Sailor_Leona

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:06 pm
Tell you the Truth, I dislike her Character in the Anime Only.

I can stand her pretty much in everything else. I hate her newbie groupies even more- well hate is such a strong word. What I mean to say is I -dislike- their one-sided ness (which I combat with my own one-sidedness).

She never was a favorite of mine. Probably never will be.

In all seasons and epsiodes of the Anime (which I hate more than life itself when you get down to it.) She could nearly never keep her transformation without -everyone(yeah that includes Tuxie ladies/gents)- giving her power.

To Me, all she does is focus what power she has with the addition of everyone elses power at whatever enemy. Her attacks/speeches and compassion is always repeative and it annoys me that the Anime Usagi never seems to have no real 'human' connection. At least not to me. She doesn't have a dark spot. Which is really silly because -everyone- does.

Everyone else on the entire Solar Team has had some type of Mental Abuse. Or some sort of struggle that she never gets until she either loses her friends/loved ones.

I'm surprised, quite frankly, that she lived so long. I don't hold her on a pedstal. I find her all trusting nature unrealstic and very annoying.

I didn't like how they handled her Birthday either. The twit never told Mamoru when her birthday was and then slapped him for it?

I thought that was a new low for Usagi- Anime wise. A super real Low.

(Only other person I justify her hitting is spanking Chibiusa because that Brat does deserve it.)

Manga wise, I like her just fine. She has -depth-. She doubts, she makes mistakes, she is more human to me in that than she was in the anime. Nothing is really repeative about her. Equally, she and Mamoru are on the same level in a sense as well. She is shown rather well there that she is not all powerful and flashy. That she does have a temper and actually went nuts when the kitties were hurt in Stars.

PGSM- I like her better in that than the anime as well.

But Anime Usagi- I hate her guts. I wished Nehellenia chocked the living daylights out of her and end her line- thus killing the Chibibrat. And pretty much saving everyone from the headache that would've been.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:38 am
I just think she has cool hair.  

Magical Girl BunnyWinx

Angelic Spirit

9,675 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

perpetual_tribulation

4,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:44 am
I believe in the anime they spent to much time playing up her downfalls in the english dubbed version.

If you watch the movies unedited with japanese vocals and engish subbed you can seriously see that shes not just a clumsy, no brain, flakey, food addict. But rather, you can actually see a more serious side.

Yes sometimes, her voice can get annoying, and other times, she ticks some of the other quote-unquote "cooler characters" off... however, I firmly believe that Usagi has a very important role in the future of this planet (in SM, lol). And I also believe that without her, the show would really have no heart.

So you can dog her all you want, but she will still have a special place in my heart. heart  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:33 pm
WOW! All of you make great points!
I'm happy to see that no one here has claimed the hate Usagi just because she whines too much. YAY! 3nodding

Sailor_Leona: I agree! I don't hate Usage even though my favourite character is Sailor Venus/Minako! Plus, like you said, there wouldn't be a show w/o her! haha!

Luamervara: I agree with you too... I mean... I like her character in all of them, but the Anime one is definitally different from her manga or PGSM character! But, I'm not that big of a fan of the PGSM version... just because I like the "old skool" (lol sweatdrop ) version better... and Usagi in PGSM annoys me more than in the anime... but the manga is way different!
"In all seasons and epsiodes of the Anime (which I hate more than life itself when you get down to it.) She could nearly never keep her transformation without -everyone(yeah that includes Tuxie ladies/gents)- giving her power. " What do you mean? can you give me an example, 'cause I don't quite understand? As far as Chibi-Usa goes... I don't CARE about her... don't like her.. but I'm being quite the hypocrite 'cause when it comes down to it, I don't have a reason to hate her, I just do! Prolly 'cause she steals the show... and that bugs me...

Magical Girl Yossy: She does have awesome hair!! Have you ever tried doing it like she does! It hurts!!!

perpetual_tribulation: AMEN TO THAT! haha I agree with every single thing you said... weird.. O.o Still gotta love her though!! haha

Thank you for answering my thread you guys!!
heart heart heart  

Mrs DelaRosa

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:31 pm
After the R season she can't keep her new Transformations at all without help.

*But I like the Manga Version better myself really. And PGSM More than the anime.*

Grail for one-

SuperS- Always ALWAYS called Chibimoon to Call frigging Helios/Pegasus to power up her 'scepter'

And don't get me started on the first epsiodes of Stars. Remember how she still couldn't keep her powers even after her buddies lent her some power.

I know...I know... it's about love and friendship... but..seriously, the Anime should've followed the Manga on the stories really.

I mean...I honestly don't like how Chibi-brat got TWO seasons..wait not even two but three. WTF?

*yup...seriously ticked about that. but...back on Usagi...*

I dunno, I just can't stand the Anime Version of her. they make her too childish for my tastes. They don't let her 'grow up' as the Manga/PGSM had her actually grow.

With the PGSM I can see her grow in some ways. Vs. Anime where she made progress in the first Season but after that they let her stay the same way til the Stars.

And by the time I saw Stars I was pretty happy to see Usagi in pain really. *Evil but..still.*  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:39 pm
i love usagi is a great character, i know she has some bad attitudes, but it`s normal in each person  

Tsukiusada

Sailor_Leona

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:57 pm
Especially in the movies it's clear how Usagi needs everyone else's help to get anything done. It doesn't bother me, personally, as it's kind of the moral of the entire series. But, she does still need everyone's help.

Movie 1: The four inner Senshi all take hands, and Prince Endymion stands next to his princess, lending her their energy to help her stop the giant rock heading to earth. Then Mamoru is the one who has to revive her when she *and only she* collapses from the effort.

Movie 2: All the senshi get in a circle and join hands around Sailor Moon, as they all begin to glow, to offer their energy to Sailor Moon to save her from dying as she uses the crystal to defeat the enemy and to change Luna into a human for a short time.

Movie three I don't remember as well, so I'm not sure if what I have in mind is from that movie, or from somewhere during the series. But there's another instance that comes to mind where the symbols on everyones foreheads glow as they offer their energy to Sailor Moon, who visably regains strength every time a pair of senshi give her their energy.

End of the first season is another case. She's technically alone as she fights Beryl, but the spirits of her friends still come to her aid to help her defeat the evil queen.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:24 am
dude...i made a thread really similar to this...called the "Usagi's not so bad" petition...

but whatever. yeah, i love Usagi alot. The anime version of her has alot of flaws. But overall, she is a wonderfully strong character.  

kawaiibunny3

8,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

Kiiska

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:11 am
Lol, the only reason that I dislike Usagi is because fans pair her up with haruka all the time and haruka belongs ONLY with Michiru. As long as she stays off of Michiru's turf, she's fine by me. :3  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:39 pm
Dyna C Olio
While surfing the forums in this guild I have noticed that a lot of people hate Serena/Usagi/Sailor Moon. The majority of these people hate her because she is clumsy, bad in school, and is a crybaby. Many of these people bitterly hate her! With a passion! I respect everyone’s opinions and I won’t say that anyone is wrong and I trust that everyone here won’t hate me and claim that I am wrong.
I love Usagi/etc. She is so compassionate and strong! She is friendly, funny, nice, caring, strong, loving, trustworthy, and so on. In every battle she is the one that wins! She is the reason the Earth is saved! Of course she get tons of help from the other Sailors, ultimately, she is the one that does it! First season: she used all her power to defeat Beryl (but only with the help with the Sailors) and as she was dying she used her last wish to save the world and all of her friends. Second season: she risked her life to save Chibi-Usa from killing herself as Dark Lady. She jumped in the way of countless attacks to save the Earth and the future! Season three: She didn’t give up when everyone else did. She brought Hotaru back despite Neptune and Uranus’ protests! She jumped in after Sailor Saturn to fight the great evil and still survived with the new baby Hotaru! Season four: She jumped off ascending ruble to save Chibi-Usa and even managed to bring her back to wakefulness to save the world and themselves! Season five: When Chaos fully takes over Galaxia, she knows that the good Galaxia is gone. She gives herself up and offers her forgiveness. With the power of the crystal she forever seals away evil Chaos and saves Galaxia, the fallen Sailor Senshi, Mamoru, and the world!
She is a great person!
How can you hate her?
If you knew someone who had these characteristics, but was clumsy, bad in school, and a cry baby, would you hate them?
I strongly believe that a lot of these people (possibly not all of them) only hate her because they want to be different.
What do you think?!

um u forgot the season about the too to people and the tree from outer space and they were stilling energy for the tree because the tree was dieing. (sorry for the bad spelling)  

Black Thorn Moon

Mrs DelaRosa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:31 pm
zodiac_star333
Dyna C Olio
She is a great person!
How can you hate her?
What do you think?!

um u forgot the season about the too to people and the tree from outer space and they were stilling energy for the tree because the tree was dieing. (sorry for the bad spelling)

I intentionally left that one out because it wasn't from the manga. They added it into the anime so the manga could catch up with the anime.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:19 pm
I guess I can see where the people who don't like Usagi are coming from. She is pretty annoying and crybaby-ish. But, there really couldn't be a show without her-she holds everyone together (and she's also the main character. That might have something to do with it sweatdrop ) Her attitude balances out the more serious part of the show. Most people here probably started watching the show when they were young, and the fact that she was so flawed (and funny!) is probably what caught our eye and made us the fans we are today. biggrin  

Princess_of_Pluto

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:37 pm
not really. When I started watching I saw the ending of the first season. Which was very serious and the other thing that caught my eye.

I never liked usagi. I liked Mamoru more. I liked improving Usagi to Mary-sue heights.  
Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff