Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Between me and you Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dubbed or Japanese?
Dubbed
13%
 13%  [ 5 ]
Japanese
51%
 51%  [ 19 ]
Either One
35%
 35%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 37

Countess_Witch

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:11 pm
Say, why is it that the Americans twick the characters lines?
Like how Zoisite is suppose to be a guy?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:13 pm
1. Don't blame America - blame Canada.
2. They do it because they dislike homosexuals. Well maybe not, but they most likely figured showing homosexual-esque things to children will make them gay..(or make angry parents demand the show to come off the air) which is retarded because even though they cut all of that stuff out, and turned it around and twisted it up, I'm still gay.
Looks like they failed. Hahahahahahaha.  

Velma Touched My Tralala

IRL Dog

6,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Neverbug

Friendly Cranberry

9,300 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:31 pm
yeah they do mess with it alot. TT.TT  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:09 pm
Nisora
2. They do it because they dislike homosexuals. Well maybe not, but they most likely figured showing homosexual-esque things to children will make them gay..(or make angry parents demand the show to come off the air) which is retarded because even though they cut all of that stuff out, and turned it around and twisted it up, I'm still gay.

You might want to watch the things you say. There are Canadians in this guild.  

Solar Kitty-chan

Velma Touched My Tralala

IRL Dog

6,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:08 pm
Solar Kitty-chan
Nisora

You might want to watch the things you say. There are Canadians in this guild.

It was in reference to the south park movie. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:17 am
Aqua_Mercury
yeah they do mess with it alot. TT.TT

mhm  

DrinkBurntCoffee

Magical Girl BunnyWinx

Angelic Spirit

9,675 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:09 am
I would think the lesson here is that, if you're looking for what "actually happens" in the series, don't watch the dubbed episodes at all...  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:04 am
Magical Girl Yossy
I would think the lesson here is that, if you're looking for what "actually happens" in the series, don't watch the dubbed episodes at all...
I agree with you.  

bunnymint

Sailor_Leona

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:28 pm
I don't know why many animes get so messed with. Whatver audiance watches it in Japan, target it for that audiance. Sailor Moon was loved by many teenagers and adults in Japan, along with the younger kids. But when America got it's hands on it, they chopped it all up and put it back together so that it would be all nice and proper for small children. The scene where Umino flips up his teacher's skirt? Cut out. Mars slapping Sailor Moon after Tuxedo Kamen has been taken by the enemy? Cut out. Barbie style nudity all through the series? Cut out or edited so as to not be nude any longer, even though almost every little girl *and probably most boys, too* have seen naked Barbie and Ken dolls, and don't seem to have been badly affected by it.

I lke the original with subtitles better. I like being able to see the show as true to what it should be as I can without knowing the language. I'm currently trying to find somewhere to buy/download all 200 subtitled episodes just so I can see them all.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:38 pm
Damn Amarika!!!!! BAKA BAKA BAKA!!!! AMARIKA SUKI DEWA ARIMASEN!!!!!! Just because of the ignorance and baka morals of 1990's they can never show PGSM again!!! Now a days they show gay/lesbian/bi shows all the time and would probably put SM back on but noo Naoko san doesn't see!! Now I'm working like a baka inu to get a live action movie made!!!! BAKA AMARIKA!!!!!!  

Usagi Shojo

Sailor_Leona

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:15 pm
Usagi Shojo
Damn Amarika!!!!! BAKA BAKA BAKA!!!! AMARIKA SUKI DEWA ARIMASEN!!!!!! Just because of the ignorance and baka morals of 1990's they can never show PGSM again!!! Now a days they show gay/lesbian/bi shows all the time and would probably put SM back on but noo Naoko san doesn't see!! Now I'm working like a baka inu to get a live action movie made!!!! BAKA AMARIKA!!!!!!

I have no idea what you just said.

It's kinda funny the first post mentioned the Zoicite being a man thing. Started watching the subtitled episodes, and just hit the part where Zoicite starts making appearances. It's very strange hearing a male voice comming out of that character. I've known for a long time Zoicite should be male, but I'm still used to him being a her.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:22 am
Sailor Moon FTW!  

Daaku Romansu

Magical Girl BunnyWinx

Angelic Spirit

9,675 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:08 am
Usagi Shojo

English, please. Random Japanese is not succeeding in getting your message across.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:57 pm
Magical Girl Yossy
Usagi Shojo

English, please. Random Japanese is not succeeding in getting your message across.

I kinda get what she's saying. And I can sum it up in one phrase: She says Naoko won't let Sailor Moon come to America because of the censorship. That's untrue. Please read the sticky of compiled information about why Sailor Moon is no longer on Television.  

Syndrama

blue eyed miracle

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:37 pm
because the silly company thinks that american audiences will find somethings offensive, thus dubbing was invented  
Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff