Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Your Chinese school Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chinese school Yay!
  No way g!
  Yay!
View Results

Weiwei Haoma

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:46 pm
Yesh, here you can talk all about your Chinese school, how you hate ir (or like it).

Well anyways, I go to Chinese school every saturday or so for half an hour. Our Chinese group thinggit rents 3 classrooms (but they start letting us use them for free) at the communal college. We have like 5 teachers, and 3 different classes 底中高 (dizhonggao)
which are taught by random volunteers, like ones a health inspector, our newest mandarin teacher is a ultrasound person etc. Our classes happen for 1 and a half hours in the morning but they use to be in the after noon but one of the teachers got this idea that the students will be more "focused" in the moriing but she was wrong because people have hockey and practise in the morning and so our attendance is super low, like 3 people might show up in class out of 8.

um so this is my Chinese schoo...how about your people's?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:37 am
hey thats cool um ur kinda like me. I am planning on going to a chinese school after I finish in the USA or maybe take one there too. I mean they cant miss teach me I know some already lol razz  

Keitaro101

sasa_powa_4eva

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:07 am
I never went to a chinese school. That's why I don't read/write chinese.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:51 pm
i go to chinese school every saturday from 9am to 1pm. the teachers are pretty good but the numbers of students start dropping once you finish year 6 and drop even more when you finish year 9. we have one class for each year which goes from kindie to year 12. my class has 12 students but there used to be 18.  

rain_tokki

draven_heart

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:23 pm
I used to go a few years back, it was during the weekend. Learned to write a few things, speak the language and also learn chinese dances ex: fan dance, because most of the people that attended were girls...  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:48 am
i go every saturdays, my class had 7 ppl, but now has 5.
this is becoz our teacher......stupid fat stella....is a b**ch
she is also very very fat.
wen she writes on the board, her stomach wipes away the words, meaning we cant see xp  

chink-e

blossoming-angel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:52 pm
--my post will be long.. sweatdrop

eh. i go to chinese school. now i sortta hate it now. it use to be a good chinese school, now its crappy and heaps of people swapped chinese schools. teh school's pretty ridiculous too. im a year student.. while the school is telling me to do VCE prep.. wich means i skipped like erm.. 4 grades of chinese. and VCE prep is a preperation class for your VCE exams and VCE is the test you do to get in univeristy.. so its suppose to be for the older students.. and ever since then.. my mums been making me go there.. tho i dont want to stay in my normal either, its crappy. the teacher's a wierd old hag who wants to stalk us. gonk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:58 am
I go 3 hours to Chinese school in stead of half an hour.
There are about 10 classes and there are about 15 teachers wandering around. We don't do age difference separate.

So I am sitting in a class with 15 people, whice only 4 people are younger than 20 years and there 11 people older than 30. My teacher told me to go to another class, because I am progressing very fast.

Then I'll sit in a class full of 10 year olds. I don't know if I'd like that.
But I'll see.

Fawa

jelly doughnut

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:32 pm
Our Chinese School is from 2-5 on Sunday afternoons. There's like 100 classes with 10-15 in each class. We separate by "grades" not necessarily your real grade. From 4-5 you can take a culture class like I take Chinese dance. You can take go, chess, erhu, and stuff like that. It's a big association so I like it a lot. Usually I make a lot of friends each year.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:57 pm
jelly doughnut
Our Chinese School is from 2-5 on Sunday afternoons. There's like 100 classes with 10-15 in each class. We separate by "grades" not necessarily your real grade. From 4-5 you can take a culture class like I take Chinese dance. You can take go, chess, erhu, and stuff like that. It's a big association so I like it a lot. Usually I make a lot of friends each year.

Thats so fun...I really want to play the erhu or something like that but like theres no Chinese people here.

Well anyways our Chinese school thingy is doing this Chinese Cultural exhibit and its really retarded because were just like asking all the Chinese peoples for Chinese things and then just display them.

Our Chinese school isnt like advnaced and we just used books donated to us (yes so sad crying ) and we don't have all these government test thingies or Chinese test thingys and my teachers like come to my house everyday to make wontons with my mom >.<  

Weiwei Haoma

lioness_queen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:40 pm
i go to chinese school every saturday, from 9AM to 11AM. 2 hours. when i get to high school it'll be even longer, 3 hours!

i HATE chinese school. my classmates hardly ever listen to the teacher and once she got REALLY mad cause only a few people were actually listening to her. but it was only one time.

i mean, the homework is kinda boring... the tests are horrible...  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:30 pm
I go to Chinese school every Saturday too. From like around 9:30 to 12:00 pm or something ^^ And then we have breaktime for like..half an hour sometimes...i think they should cut it shorter. It's a school for ppl who actually speak chinese already, it doesn't teach u how to speak and stuff..just reading and writing. Our class is only 18 people though, very small compared to the mandarin class going on in the other classrooms. They just borrow the school on Saturday weekends and teach many languages there ^^ So yea that's about it razz  

-alwaysmile-

[.Mihiko-chan.]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:23 pm
i used to but it was gay so yea.. i think they improved it but idk so i dont think i'm gonna go back. mayb i'll go 2 different one but i dont think so. i learn by myself. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:04 pm
Hahaha too bad.

Anything our Chinese shcool held our "Chinese exhibit". It looked more like a garage sale though but there was lotsa good food : D D D D D  

Weiwei Haoma

kt_jingle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:21 am
eh...
i learn chinese since young.
it's in the syllabus. ((:  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers