Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Supernatural and Paranormal Network

Back to Guilds

A guild all about the supernatural and paranormal, allowing for open discussion for believers and sceptics alike. 

Tags: supernatural, paranormal, ghosts, psionics, magic 

Reply The Supernatural and Paranormal Network
What birds leave behind Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sacred Angeleus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:22 am
Have you ever noticed how sometimes, after a bird crashes into a window and dies, they leave an "imprint" of themselves on the window?

Yesterday, at my school, I found a dead dove in the grass, its neck was broken. I looked up at the building, and sure enough, on one of the 3rd floor windows, was a ghostly looking, frosty-white imprint of the dove, wings outspread as though it were flying. The imprint had a full frontal view of the dove, including the feet.

In the past, I've done some research on this phenomena, and the scientific community seems to say the same thing: "There is no scientific explanation for this." (or something to that effect)

Thoughts, anyone?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:20 am
Perhapes birds don't fly into windows on purpose. When a ghost gets mad he grabs a bird as it lands on a window sill and pushes it as hard as it can into the window killing it. The imprint is the ghosts spirit remains or something just like people would leave a finger print.  

PeaceMaker

Lord Jagged
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:30 am
[sceptic]The oil on the wings and the dust on the bird could leave a white mark.[/sceptic]  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:55 am
A plausible explanation, but what if it's something more? Say, perhaps, the bird's spirit doesn't realize that its body is dead and continues to fly through the window?  

Sacred Angeleus

Lord Jagged
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:45 am
Willowhart
A plausible explanation, but what if it's something more? Say, perhaps, the bird's spirit doesn't realize that its body is dead and continues to fly through the window?

If the spirit did leave marks, there would be marks right through the glass and on any objects on the other side.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:47 pm
I'm not sure about this, really...

I've never even heard of it... sweatdrop

[lame reply]I know my bird, when he died(of natural causes) left a swing that swings randomly, without any breeze or air flow[/lame reply]  

Sakura Revolution
Crew

Sacred Angeleus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:57 am
I did not take this picture, it was taken by Chris Henshaw and can be found at http://www.anomalies-unlimited.com/Pigeon.html It is not a picture of the "imprint" I saw, but I feel it illustrates my point rather well...so I copy and pasted it, and put it up here for your viewing pleasure.

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:37 am
That picture looks like it could be one of three things:

A large amount of a dust material. Not all dust can be removed by rain. the dust could be attached by grease, which would not be washed off by rain.

Tiny fractures in the window, caused by the collision of the bird.

It also looks like it could be a hoax that was rubbed into the window using
something like sandpaper.

As for that fact that all that was left were feather, there are animals out there that do eat birds.  

Lord Jagged
Captain

Sacred Angeleus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:19 pm
You have such a scientific mind, my dear Lord Jagged--ever the analytical... wink  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:06 am
Willowhart
You have such a scientific mind, my dear Lord Jagged--ever the analytical... wink

I play my role as skeptic to the fullest.  

Lord Jagged
Captain

Sacred Angeleus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:55 am
Lord Jagged
Willowhart

I play my role as skeptic to the fullest.

You know, I can tell... wink  
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 6:14 am
I pigeon flew into the window of one of my classrooms a couple of days ago. It didn't die, it was onlt eounded, but it did leave an imprint behind. I took a look, and it was dust stuck to the glass with the water proofing grease from the birds feathers.  

Lord Jagged
Captain

OriginalCola

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:04 pm
Sacred Angeleus

I totally believe that....  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:00 am
OriginalCola
Sacred Angeleus

I totally believe that....

But if it does keep on flying through the window, why would it leave a mark?  

Lord Jagged
Captain

arcticwolf_blue

Dangerous Werewolf

14,700 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:25 am
Never even heard of this. Birds have died by hitting our windows and Ive never seen it before.  
The Supernatural and Paranormal Network

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff