Reply Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild
Have You Been Corrupted Yet? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kandie_Holica

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:30 pm
Angel Sanctuary has corrupted my church-life. I had just read volume 18 before church and they were talking about the evils of Lucifer constantly. Every time they mentioned him, in my head I thought "Mmmm Lucifer is pretty....NO BAD!" *smacks self*
How has Kaori Yuki corrupted you?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:56 pm
I've never been religious in my life, so Kaori Yuki's rendition of the ideas of good and evil always appealed to my anti-authoritarian mind.

I've read literature on god and the devil, and it always appeals to me most to contemplate the devil as closest to human nature, he represents free will and in my eyes is a tragic hero...  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Annie Havok-Morphine

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:28 pm
She hasn't. I am a religious person, but I try to keep what I read seperate from my own church life. It's someone else's ideas, not mine, so I'm pretty successful in keeping them serperate. I do not see the devil nor do I see angels in the way that they are portrayed in Angel Sanctuary. To me, a lot of it is fiction and nothing more than that.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:07 pm
I usually do keep my fiction seperate from real life, it's just my geekiness showing through ^^. And I also don't see angels and deamons the way they are portrayed in fiction. It's just fun to think about.
But I do think that evil in general does at least have the apperance of beauty so as to tempt people more effectively. And Lucifer was the most beautiful angel in heaven before he fell.
And quite honestly, I wouldn't be too tempted by some funky looking thing with cloven hoves and hornes, but a hot guy definately has a better chance of getting people to follow him.  

Kandie_Holica

Annie Havok-Morphine

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:24 pm
Kandie_Holica
I usually do keep my fiction seperate from real life, it's just my geekiness showing through ^^. And I also don't see angels and deamons the way they are portrayed in fiction. It's just fun to think about.
But I do think that evil in general does at least have the apperance of beauty so as to tempt people more effectively. And Lucifer was the most beautiful angel in heaven before he fell.
And quite honestly, I wouldn't be too tempted by some funky looking thing with cloven hoves and hornes, but a hot guy definately has a better chance of getting people to follow him.

Oh, yes. I wasn't implying that you didn't sweatdrop

I do agree with you there. That's where free will and self-control comes in. Honestly, I think Lucifer's temptation is more psycological than physical, though.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:10 am
Sai-kun
I've never been religious in my life, so Kaori Yuki's rendition of the ideas of good and evil always appealed to my anti-authoritarian mind.

I've read literature on god and the devil, and it always appeals to me most to contemplate the devil as closest to human nature, he represents free will and in my eyes is a tragic hero...
3nodding I concur...  

Neogoth Astron

8,250 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100

Naotosbro

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:06 pm
Well I can't really blame her for my corruption but the way she sets up Heaven and Hell in her manga does cause you to think. Like a few of you, I am not particularily religious so it doesn't affect me in that sense. However I did manage to make a reference to her manga in a paper I wrote on Satan.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:41 pm
In all honesty she's helped me rather than corrupted me. When ever she references Biblical concepts and/or people I go look them up and end up studying them from Biblical terms. I do that with lots of things though, it makes my Bible studies a bit more fun. xp  

YaminoSadame

Kandie_Holica

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:27 pm
YaminoSadame
In all honesty she's helped me rather than corrupted me. When ever she references Biblical concepts and/or people I go look them up and end up studying them from Biblical terms. I do that with lots of things though, it makes my Bible studies a bit more fun. xp

I can understand that. I went and looked up information on angels one day. It was interesting to see what she based her characters on. Though Sandalphon confused me some. He's the patron angel of music and other things, but he's completely differant in Angel Sanctuary.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:01 pm
Yeah, my Sunday School class was looking for a new study topic and I sugested angels. It turned out one of the other people was an AS fan and so the class did a study. It was rather interesting to see how much research Yuki Kaori must have done before creating the manga.

Edit: I just got a woden trunk for posting this. eek

YaminoSadame

RionaDaidouji

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:38 pm
YaminoSadame
Yeah, my Sunday School class was looking for a new study topic and I sugested angels. It turned out one of the other people was an AS fan and so the class did a study. It was rather interesting to see how much research Yuki Kaori must have done before creating the manga.

Edit: I just got a woden trunk for posting this. eek

I remember reading in one of her free-talks that she didn't do a lot of research for AS. She just kind of took some pre-exsisting ideas of angels and demons, and then completely made up the rest.  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:56 am
Nope. I used to be religious but that was a long time ago. Before reading AS my beliefs leaned more to Satanism (please note I do NOT believe in god nor the devil) and it as remained the same. Her work is marvelous and really appeals to me.  

Kohanna13

Lady_Death

Demonic Nymph

25,175 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:11 am
I really don't think its corrupted me much...I'm pagan/wiccan....but it has gotten me interested in Angels thats about it.*shrugs*

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:16 pm
I'm Wiccan, but I keep my mind open and am currently leading my own study of anthropology and religions, and I must say that the more religious texts I read concerning christianity, the more I believe that satan really ISN'T that bad of a guy. as someone has already noted, he represents humankind more than the perfect God/Christ does. Kaori Yuki does alot of research before sketching/writing her manga.

I will, however, follow my own beliefs and not be swayed to greatly by what others have to say.  

Irys the Flame

r-chan09

750 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:49 pm
I praise Lucifier and admire his hair and his fashion sense and sometimes I am like "He is a nice guy!"  
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff