Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
[insert death procclamation here] Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The emo has died
  R.I.P.
View Results

Placeo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:19 pm
Hi, my name is Matt and no, this is not an introduction page filled with all the joyful things such as, "I am 17 years old, I like to (blank), I cut myself (a lot), and like to rant on and on about ("posers").

Before some of you harpies (and male annoyers) get on my case about how I spelled 'proclamation' wrong in the title of my thread, I just wanted to ask, more or less demand:

Where the
Dumbass'EMO'
RandomEx.#1
OMG, like why is so and so like saying she's emo?! She is like so not. Uh, it so pms-es me when people say they are like emo when thur not!!!!!1111!!

How can people just call themselves emo when it's like cool? I mean then they turn around and say we cut ourselves and s**t like that. I ******** hate it when people call us emo.

What the hell. We are a ******** stereotype, people, whether you want to believe it or not. Could you people please lay off the, "I hate it when people go, 'there goes an emo'." Or "I hate it when people group Goths with us I mean we are SO different."

"EMO" DOES NOT EXHIST WITHOUT A STEREOTYPE people. So ******** calm down with the battle for an unresolvable name for us. Scene, emo. In the end, we are all stereotyped incorrectly.

RandomEx.#2
Why can't emo's be happy? Emos are people too! ::Skips off into the land of huggs and comforting words::

Why even go there? Must we even akwnoledge this, I guess so since we have about 4 of these topics.

Okay, we are emo. We by joining this guild agree with this statement. I have earlier stated that emo is a stereotype. The number one rule with stereotypes. It's a ******** generalization of a group of people. It will never be true with every single person of that group. And thus, the stereotypes of emo won't be true for everyone. You won't be depressed all of your life, and thus emo's 'can' be happy. Happy? You can go off and be happy now.

RandomEx.#3
I'm emo. I ******** hate being emo. Everyone around me is emo and I am starting to hate myself more and more. Someone make all the self-conscienciousness go away in a few basic steps.

If you're so tired of it, just stop it. Emo's a friggin name, not a collar that is welded on to your neck like in Battle Royal (Which kicks a** by the way). If you need someone to ******** tell you that emo is good for you, you're better off just walking away from it. Why degrade yourself to putting on an emo bib and having people spoon feed away your self doubts?

RandomEx.#4
WTF? I was a fan for such and such since the beginning. I HATE that people are like claiming to be a fan when I've been worshipping them since like the beginning of time. You know, before they were like even created because I knew they were going to be the best. Me and Only me can claim to be their fan.

Holy s**t. This, this is what annoys me personnally the most. Your taste in music is like your taste in food. It is completely up to you and it keeps you alive (well, at least it does for me). If you like a band, great. If you don't like a band, great. If you liked a band since they formed, great. If your band blows up big and you still like them, great. If your band works hard, blows up big, and finally reaches the fame they so deserve and gets new fans, great. If you start hating them for that, go ******** suck a c**k. Do you see my logic here? Fans are just people that like the music. It doesn't ******** matter when you became a fan and it doesn't matter if you only know one song by them. If you like a band you ******** like the band. There is no set of standards for becoming a fan. If you're offended that someone calls themselves a fan just because they aren't as die-hard as you, I hope that band dies to resolve your 'issue'.

-Yes, I'm done now.-

And I'm sorry. Yes, I really am sorry that this, THIS, these quotes, is emo.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:29 pm
We don't agree to being emo when we join this guild.

BUT. These being valid points and all, they've -kinda- been stated before. Just lettin' ya know.

Cute picture, by the way. +1 fanboy.

-Isel-

Placeo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:35 pm
We may not agree but we are showing that we have ideas or at least a fascination of "emo" by joining the guild.

I have seen great points and people that should be listened to but not in just one, clean, free of stupidity topic. Just trying to cut back on the ever multiplying number of "help me, I'm so emo topics."

Thank you. biggrin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:40 pm
Thank you for your attempt to cut down on the stupidity, that is definitely something we need. biggrin

I -try- to do it in the Art and Poetry subforum... but, I'm about to give up on ever making that place... worthy.

-Isel-

Placeo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:47 pm
Yes, it's most likely futile but where would we get our daily dose of irony if we didn't spur some hope in the emo guild.

Yes, it seems people aren't realizing that poetry is not just, "sinking... bleed... cut... death... blackness." And repeating it over and over. But don't give up. There is the slim chance that something decent will show up. I rather like writing. And though I suck at it, I hope the art and poetry section won't completely die off before I get a chance to improve.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:51 pm
Isel
We don't agree to being emo when we join this guild.

BUT. These being valid points and all, they've -kinda- been stated before. Just lettin' ya know.

Cute picture, by the way. +1 fanboy.

QFE
3nodding  

WudupTj

-Isel-

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:54 pm
Well, it seems like you're doing a good job with your poetry. I'd like to see more.

>.>

But before I turn this into a kiss-a** central, ridiculous praise courtesy of myself, uh...

I seem to have adopted the opinion that emo isn't good to describe people... I mean, to each their own, but I prefer to call the music emo and the people "emo fans" just to help me differentiate.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:00 pm
Isel
Well, it seems like you're doing a good job with your poetry. I'd like to see more.

>.>

But before I turn this into a kiss-a** central, ridiculous praise courtesy of myself, uh...

I seem to have adopted the opinion that emo isn't good to describe people... I mean, to each their own, but I prefer to call the music emo and the people "emo fans" just to help me differentiate.

Thank you and it'll be coming in bucketloads.

-

Where I'm from, emo the music is almost nonexistant. It's all labeled alternative. But anyway, I hadn't even heard the argument of scene (people right?) and emo (the people) till this guild. I've always known music and people as emo so please forgive me whenever I mix up the correct terms.

@Sashimi: Hi, nice to meet you. Especially without you chewing my a** out like some other people in the guild.

Placeo

WudupTj

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:39 pm
Well you made an intelligent post, with proper grammar.
I may not agree with everything you said, but I can see your reasoning behind a lot of it.
No reason to flame what so ever.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:15 pm
Localized the points we've been trying to get across for ages, people might take note now.  

Rellik San
Captain

Placeo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:35 pm
Sashimi on a Platter
Well you made an intelligent post, with proper grammar.
I may not agree with everything you said, but I can see your reasoning behind a lot of it.
No reason to flame what so ever.

Ah yes, intelligence. It is one of the major things that separate the amicable people from the annoying. I try with the grammar. English is the hardest language of one to write properly, but it'd be helpful if more people at least tried.

I can completely accept that. Now, why can't more people be like you? Agree to disagree without waging a war first.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:37 pm
We can only hope Relik-san. Though, I'm sure someone is going to barge in soon and ruin the grammatically correct atmosphere.  

Placeo

The-helper-of-the-poor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:52 pm
Good points made, some I semi-agree with, some fully. It's nice to lay down a few well supported points. Good job^^  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:00 pm
June_Tears
Isel

>.>

Where I'm from, emo the music is almost nonexistant. It's all labeled alternative. But anyway, I hadn't even heard the argument of scene (people right?) and emo (the people) till this guild. I've always known music and people as emo so please forgive me whenever I mix up the correct terms.

It's not even a matter of correct terms, I don't mind what other people use, I've just got... my own opinion.  

-Isel-

Placeo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:10 pm
Isel
June_Tears
Isel

>.>

It's not even a matter of correct terms, I don't mind what other people use, I've just got... my own opinion.

That's the way it should be. Great I'm starting to sound preachy. We are making such a big fuss over titles when people could just hold their balls on their opinions and not mind what name they get. But people will be people.  
The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games