Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Writing Contests/Games
Short Story Game. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lidless_i

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:50 pm
I thought of a writing game that could or could not be fun, either way it seems interesting, at least to me. Alright so the rules go like this, the first person lists the way for a short story to begin and to end, the object being to make it challenging for the person writing the story to connect the beginning and the end. An optional part of it would be for the person listing the beginning and the end to list a condition unusable in the story. Here's an example:
Beginning: A dog sniffs it's butt.
Ending: The known universe is created.
Unusable Condition:Aliens

See? Pretty much like that. If anyone wants to play, just use the example above and then list your own. You don't have to list an unusable situation. If no one does, it'll just sink to the bottom of the posts over time and no one will be worse for the wear...ware... homophones kick my a**.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:32 pm
((Gosh, your prompt is really hard. I've tried it several times and can't get it. The first time I just created Earth, and the others I just couldn't get anything to match up . . . ))  

Merenwen99

Cyodie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:21 pm
in tyhe begining there was a dog, whos name cannoot be uttered or the world(s) will crumble. the must not be named dog was special, in fact all powerful and very smart. This dog, smart as he was, still fell to the insincts of his kind. So one fine eternity, this dog decided to create something, but for the ultimatness of him, he could not figure out what. Deep in thought this dogs instincts took over his preoccupied mind and made him sniff his butt. the smell was so horrible that the dog when temporarly insane and through his amazing powers in all directions. but in his moment of insanity he reversed the word dog in the engilish language( which had yet to be created) as a save all to protect his identity. the the result became what is now known as the universe.

the end. (is that what you mean?) razz

beginning: an amused scientist kills his pet goldfish
end: an anvil drops and kills the amused scientist.
unusable condition: no "accidents"  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:54 pm
The mad cackle reverberated throughout the dungeon, terrifying its few animal inhabitants. They knew all too well what that laugh meant...
And now, the footsteps were getting louder.
The man they all hated an feared was coming closer.
A visit from the doctor could mean only one thing--Death.

It had been Chuckles, last week, who had vanished behind the dreaded Door. Every one of them had his own special fear of the Door, because it was where the animals died. Chuckles had been the bravest, their valiant leader, snapping at the mad scientist's ankles even as the man led him to his doom. Dr. Horowitz, though some claimed him brilliant, was nothing more than a murderer. And there was nothing in the world they could do about it.

A merry tune drifted inside from just beyonf the lab's entrance, the antechamber, which very few of them could remember, but those who did cherished--it had been their last taste of the outside world, of freedom.

Of life.

Each and every animal had gained a death warrant the moment they fell into the doctor's hands.

Horowitz stepped through the door. Though everyday they survived, they became more and more accustomed to the inhumane treatment, the dampness, the old-fashioned cages and sparse rations, the shiver that tingled the base of their small spines never ceased at the sight. That ridiculous, scruffy beard, merry face, round glasses. Even during the "testing" sessions--an excuse to torture his helpless victims, no doubt--his beaming countenance never lost its placidity. He smiled, always, at some nameless joke, too horrible to contemplate.

Jangling his keys, he walked--no, the man, ever cheerful, actually bounced--to the bowl he kepton his desk, his special pet. Robert the Goldfish had seen several generations of animals come and go, the only one of them seemingly exempt from the doctor's notice. Today it was not so.

Horowitz smiled. He sang tunelessly as he tipped Robert and a bit of stagnant, grungy water into a paper cup procured from the depths of his pocket. The fish--was the fish capable of thinking the thoughts of his animal companions?--appeared to be in the throes of deathly terror. Maybe the poor little guy had a brain, after all. As if to make a demented escape attempt, the fish threw himself against the clear plastic walls of his new enclosure. Horowitz, busy unlocking the Door, didn't seem to notice. None could ever really be quite sure what happened that day between fish and master, but one fact remains clear--Robert did not come out alive.

"HONEY!" called Mom from somewhere down the stairs. The young writer longingly glanced at his unfinished masterpiece as he rushed down to eat his dinner. He was already plotting the demise of his villain--Horowitz the Evil. As he hurriedly shoveled potatoes and rice into his mouth, he failed to notice his youngest sister slip away from the table, or the small click! that accompanied the opening of hs door. Of course he had left the story up, not bothering to save or exit the program. His sister smiled excitedly. This was her chance!

@nd s0, th3 h@pp3h @nimals dr0pped t3h @nvi1 on t3h h3@d of t3h 3vil vi11in!!!one11oneone!!! H@pp3h d@ncing 3nsu3d. T3h 3nd.

Roughly fifteen minutes later, the writer tripped back up the carpeted stairs to his room. He scrolled to find the place he'd left off. He frowned as he noticed the two lines of text--those weren't there before...
He read them carefully, leaning back in his chair. That wasn't bad... A damn good ending, so he thought. He smilingly hit the "save" button and rushed down to inform his mother and father that he was right, the writing fairies did really exist, and they had most obligingly helped him to finish his story. With this as proof, who knows? Maybe they would believe him this time, and those nice men in white coats could finally take that vacation they seemed to need so badly. O.o

Guess that story wasn't too short.

Prompt: Mom's special green jello falls to the floor just fifteen minutes before the schduled start of the family barbecue, splattering everything--and it's your fault.
End: Mundungus Fletcher becomes headmaster of Hogwarts.
Unusuable: The butler did it.  

Voxxx

Cyodie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:58 am
graaaah! i don't read harry potter! well not really hardcore..... i can't think of one. sad  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:18 pm
but to keep this goin, i'm gonna make it short and sweet...

One day, my parents were having a bar-b-que. my mom had made her infamous green jello (the green jello of doom as i called it). she set it on the counter while she walked out back to check on dad who was of course, charbroiling himself over the grill. In fact he was still spraying lighter fluid on the coals (he's such a pyro). So, there i was, minding my own buisness(which means playing my gameboy in the kitchen), when all of the sudden ot pops Mundungus Fletcher out from the fire place in the living room. I watched this as he walked calmly over to me and said " hey there. your mom make that jello i've heard so much about?" i was so startled by the mention of the jello that i jumped up and accidently dumped the jello on the floor, shattering the plate it was on in the process. Mundungus looked at the jello on the floor and thenh he lifted a wand out of his pocket and twirled it and the jello floated up off the floor (the plate stayed shattered). and jiggled its way over to his face where he sucked it all up and into his mouth. after that all chaos insued. Mom came bursting into the kitchen screaming somthing about dad and his hair on fire when she stopped and stared at Mundungus. Mundungus's eyes and face were turning green. he killed my mother and dad, but left me there. i hear he showed up at hogwarts and assumed the position of headmaster after killing the current one in his chambers. the minestry of magic has yet to figure out how or why such an act was commited. i i swear, on day i'll get him.. he stole my gameboy. scream stressed  

Cyodie

Cyodie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:01 am
ooops forgot to add the next story line thingy...

a bear farts in the woods

said bear becomes president of the usa

::george bush is mistaken for some animal. rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:31 pm
rofl Nice story! Sorry about your gameboy. That Mundungus...  

Voxxx

Cyodie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:12 pm
thanks! but i really wasn't trying... sweatdrop xd redface xp  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:28 pm
Cyodie
ooops forgot to add the next story line thingy...

a bear farts in the woods

said bear becomes president of the usa

::george bush is mistaken for some animal. rofl

which parts are which hun.  

rinalla

Cyodie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:39 pm
Start:a bear farts in the woods

End:said bear becomes president of the usa

UN-useable:george bush is mistaken for some animal  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:35 pm
A bear hunting in the woods released a massive fart that caused nuclear damage to the world. As the bear wandered it came across the white house. Since everything was barren and distroyed the bear made himself at home and becase president of the US.

Don't ask..... Realy.... I don't know.

Start: watching Movies
End: catgirl Harem
Unuseable: being sucked into the movie.  

rinalla

Cyodie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:19 pm
ok so excuse my (sp)Illliteracy; WHAT THE HELL IS A HAREM?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:53 am
.......*sigh* It's like a group of girls deicated to one guy. or vice versa.

Pretty much a group of people whodo anything the person incharge wants.  

rinalla

Cyodie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:32 pm
Purrrrfect.... biggrin biggrin blaugh

watching movies
catgirls harem
no sucking into movies

So there i was, just lazing 'bout, watching movies. you know, the good ones. the movies that make you want to get up and change something around you, to get up and just, DO something. i felt that urge. my mind raced to meet the the challange. before the end of the movie, i had it all planed out. perfect.

The next day at school as i was walkin in the halls i spotted a good target. The group of girls that always knew the latest gossip were holding a meeting right in front of me. perfect. i walked up and traded greetings and curses. then i got down to buisness. i let them in on a little rumor. one i had suposedly heard: this new guy in school was a movie star in a new tv seris that was gonna air in about 4 months. heh, those girls, desperate for some juicy new bit of speculation, ate it up like the sweetest of candies. perfect. The next day i called up a good friend of mine who had offered to give me a complete makover; the works. so i called her up and also asked her if she was still up for it. she agreed, my plan was almost ready to blossom. that night i went out and bought a few "supplies". The core of my plan was here. as soon as i woke up i called another of my friends, this goth chick i knew. i asked if i could get her sevices for about a week. she also agreed giving the circumstances to get everyone to break the conformist rule. soon after i met up with my goth friend. she was wearing the cat ears and tail, just as was "normal" for her kind. she just advertised. perfect. that day after school i met up with my makover girl, and the next day i put my plan into action. i showed up, with my new look, noone could tell who it was. untill i told them i was that movie star. i met up with that goth chick, and told her quite loudly that the catears and tail really turned me on. she played her part perfectly, and followed me around like a pet. i left it up to her to let the gossip girls know of how well i treated her, and so on and so on. by the end of the week she was evnyed by the whole school. i had noticed that throughout the school i seen a few girls wearing the cat ears and tail. and made a point to tell them i liked it. everything was too perfect. the end of the week was up, my goth friend had held up her part of the bargin, it was time i held up my part. i announced to the school that i was holding a party at my house, but the dress was as was to be dictated at the door. the party was to be that saterday.

Saterday rolled around, the party was all the buzz. that night i found myhouse was crowded with people, and each dressed with the catear and tail, the dress i dictated at th door. it was perfect. i then instituted a game of siomon says. but got everyone to agree(with the help of a few key people that everyone looked up to.) that would last a whole week. and i would be simon.

the awesomeness that insued was called the great Catgirl/guy harem of class '07. I filmed every minute of it. and used it as blackmail... it was...

PERFECT.  
Writing Contests/Games

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces